1. Greg Holmes (Reds) – Played out the full game again this week, the only Australian loose head to play every minute of this years competition. Considering it was done in 35 degree heat it is even more impressive
2. Adam Frier (Waratahs) – Suffered from Knuckles’ obsession with size, a goer who gets things done with busy work around the field and solid at the set piece.
3. Al Baxter (Waratahs) – No longer the punchline in front row jokes
4. Will Caldwell (Waratahs) – Plays an abrasive style of match which will be needed as the Tahs face some tough assignments in the coming weeks, starting with the Reds next week
5. Van Humphries (Reds) – Provides some real thrust with his ball running in tight and tends to offload the ball not die with it like Sharpe or Mumm
6. Matt Hodgson (Force) – Stuck it right up the Brumbies back-row and was always around doing the hard stuff
7. George Smith (Brumbies) – He can do just about anything, except throw miracle passes. Maybe he is trying to make up for the short-comings of Lealiifano.
8. Wycliffe Palu (Waratahs) – Without him the Tahs would become nothing more than average battlers
9. Josh Valentine (Force) – Seems to be the only half-back that has some idea of what he is going to do before he picks up the ball. Gits must be loving his passes after putting up with the shit from years previous
10. Matt Giteau (Force) – Showed us what all the fuss is about, his ball to Cross that set up Shephard’s try was simply champagne football
11. Cameron Shepherd (Force) – Should have broken his ankle long ago as it has made him faster and a much more composed player
12. Junior Palessa (Force) – Controlled Morty and got the better of him, he has flashes of brilliance and then goes missing for weeks so the test will be for him to back up this performance
13. Digby Ioane (Reds) – I’m calling it, he is the new Tana!
14. Peter Hynes (Reds) – Has faded in and out of games in the last couple of weeks, but his week showed he is back. Outstanding defence as well.
15. Mark Gerrard (Brumbies) – It sure wasn’t his fault the Brumbies got done. Things went downhill for the Ponies after he was replaced with a dodgy quad.