• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC QF2: England v France (W Pool B v RU Pool A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

grievous

Johnnie Wallace (23)
That France needed a drop kick there shows how there attack has stalled, they are still very beatable by all SH teams

B

BRIX

Note: England weren't releasing tackled player just before the drop goal when France were parked in the England 22. Fast forward to England ball in French 22 - England get 2 advantages for invisible ruck infringements.

B

BRIX

Thank you France. Irregardless of your bi-polar nature, I don't think that there is a team in the world that would fancy meeting you in the knock out stages of a World Cup.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Agree, I thought Walsh was harsh on france in the 2nd half which helped the poms back into it. What a game though, i'm over the moon especially since the two undefeated teams form the pool stages are on their way home.
May that trend continue until midnight tomorrow.

So the french have maade the semi finals of every RWC since 1991 now! Only team to do so. or am I just over excited?

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Thank you France! Nice way to bring up my 1000th post with the elimination of England! Only the Wallabies winning Bill could top that.

Infact thanks to France & the Welsh you have both given me a great day of Rugby!

After the Wallabies I was starting to favour the Welsh as my second pick but the French are in there now as well. Fancy the Welsh to go through against them but knocking out the old enemy the French have got me onside.

Q

QuadeCooperFan

well at least we won't have to go through the pain of losing to England for a third consecutive time in a world cup.

T

Toby Lerone

No point trying to cover it up, England were abysmal and deserved to lose based on the first 40 minutes.

Matt Stevens is not a Loosehead prop, why on earth did Johnson play him there? Lawes should have started instead of Deacon, and Lewis Moody has been crap all year and Haskell has been one of the best players.

Too many penalties conceded through the tournament, and giving away too many against a French side who were due a big performance proved the downfall today. Too much focus has been on the off-field behaviour of the team, just keep your heads down and play the game - don't be all over the front pages (apart from if you've won the tournament).

The main positive from the tournament: Tuilagi looks like a great prospect for 2015 in the centre, our only decent performance from the starting 15 today.

Well played France, now go on and reach the final to make it a bit less embarrasing!

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
no point trying to cover it up, england were abysmal and deserved to lose based on the first 40 minutes.

Matt stevens is not a loosehead prop, why on earth did johnson play him there? Lawes should have started instead of deacon, and lewis moody has been crap all year and haskell has been one of the best players.

Too many penalties conceded through the tournament, and giving away too many against a french side who were due a big performance proved the downfall today. Too much focus has been on the off-field behaviour of the team, just keep your heads down and play the game - don't be all over the front pages (apart from if you've won the tournament).

The main positive from the tournament: Tuilagi looks like a great prospect for 2015 in the centre, our only decent performance from the starting 15 today.

Well played france, now go on and reach the final to make it a bit less embarrasing!

Tuilagi does look good for the long term that is one big positive for England. The fox crew were talking about Martin Johnson being 'too close' to the players in the squad & that it maybe leading to him favouring certain players over those more deserved. Would you say thats the reason for the selections or does he just not have a clue? I agree with you're assessments of the players I thought the pack lacked a bit without Sheridan too.

this is so good, i'm going to have to go out back for a wank!

:lmao:

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
The French Backrow and Second Row were simply superb. Dusatoir is one of the best open side Flankers in the World and just maybe what Deans was looking for when he decided to have McCalman play back-up to Pocock (pity he doesn't have the impact to do it or the support from Rocky like Dusatoir got tonight from Bonnaire.

I thought the Poms would take this game fairly easily and said so last weekend, as long as France didn't have one of their "on" days that turn up every three or four years. Well guess what.......

Well done France, first half was very very good, second half you did enough. Did they play their final in the knock-out stages again?

Status
Not open for further replies.