• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC QF2: England v France (W Pool B v RU Pool A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Warburton is a menace and probably the form 7 in the world,
Roberts is having a blinder of a tournament and would be in the top 3 13's in the world,
North and Scott Williams can't not score and would have to be two of the best finishers in the world,
Faletau looked dynamic against SA and could easily destroy most opposition number 8's on his day,
AW Jones has been outstanding at blindside and is proving incredibly difficult to handle,
Priestland is arguably the form 10 of the tournament, he looks steady and has the ability to control the backline well..

Mate take it as a compliment, there are a lot of reasons to be talking about Wales right now.
Wales are the red hot favourites, not much point in the lads turning up let alone the 25000 Irish fans!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
You might want to be a bit careful CB or the subject of golf Buggies might come up, not to mention an antipdean hostelry in Shepherds bush, or Mike Philips little ruck or....Bradley Davies; that said, agree that Haskell, 'spit or swallow', Armitage, Hartley, Lawes etc are as charmless a bunch of c you next tuesdays you would be likely to meet. Hows the overwhelming favourites tag working for you Welsh Boys BTW!?!

Not well. I've watched all four games again and I think believe. Crushing nightmare imminent. talking of dangerous hypocrisy Did you read Jeremy Gussett on the BBC website? Isn't this the same man who ran over a police car in Bath whilst pissed? or was I deaming??

the plastic paddy

John Solomon (38)
Not well. I've watched all four games again and I think believe. Crushing nightmare imminent. talking of dangerous hypocrisy Did you read Jeremy Gussett on the BBC website? Isn't this the same man who ran over a police car in Bath whilst pissed? or was I deaming??
And there was the assault charge, or is that libelous? On the favourites tag, given the bookies have got the market wrong are you Welsh boys having some of the odds against? Buying money surely!!!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Where the devil did all these NH posters come from?? haha

Whilst we've got an aussie's attention, what's going on on the other threads? where's all the famed Australian self confidence gone. You've beaten SA twice already this year (and it was hardly close). Site looks more like Gwl@d after 6N and you're not even out of it!

Even getting chippy about the refs!

Country Kid

Chris McKivat (8)
If France are to win, then they must score a try or two. Not an easy asignment as Scotland found out.

For all the endeavour and enterprise that Scotland brought to the game, England countered it with disciplined defence and their backs have so much speed to chase down half breaks. All the criticism levelled at the English (attack) seems to overlook the fact that it is dam hard to score tries against them.

And so far England, when behind on the score board have been able to keep in touch with teams (Argentina, Scotland) even though they are well behind in general play. Had Argentina or Scotland been able to stretch the lead over England by 10 - 12 points or so, then maybe England might have succumbed to that 'score board' pressure.

No way can France win by penalty/drop goals so I hope France can put a couple of tries on the poms. That will obviously to the French the world of good. And it will put England into a very uncomfortable position whereby they have to actually 'play rugby' to get back into the game.

Please France, do not just capitulate if it is tight. Play with verve, desire and belief. Play to win.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Whilst we've got an aussie's attention, what's going on on the other threads? where's all the famed Australian self confidence gone. You've beaten SA twice already this year (and it was hardly close). Site looks more like Gwl@d after 6N and you're not even out of it!

Oh you haven't seen anything yet. It's a rollercoaster being a Wallabies supporter. One week you're beating the All Blacks and winning the Tri-Nations, next you're losing to Samoa or putting in the worst performance in 4 years against Ireland.

I think we have chosen the safe route and be pessimistic towards this one :p

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
If France are to win, then they must score a try or two. Not an easy asignment as Scotland found out.

For all the endeavour and enterprise that Scotland brought to the game, England countered it with disciplined defence and their backs have so much speed to chase down half breaks. All the criticism levelled at the English (attack) seems to overlook the fact that it is dam hard to score tries against them.

And so far England, when behind on the score board have been able to keep in touch with teams (Argentina, Scotland) even though they are well behind in general play. Had Argentina or Scotland been able to stretch the lead over England by 10 - 12 points or so, then maybe England might have succumbed to that 'score board' pressure.

No way can France win by penalty/drop goals so I hope France can put a couple of tries on the poms. That will obviously to the French the world of good. And it will put England into a very uncomfortable position whereby they have to actually 'play rugby' to get back into the game.

Please France, do not just capitulate if it is tight. Play with verve, desire and belief. Play to win.

Descendez du bus s.v.p

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
How very welsh of you. Not sure what is wrong with the wallabies but they seem capable of being outmuscled. Hope they don't go back to a percentage game vs SA. the way to beat them is to run them ragged. Have loved Matfield's workrate for years but he looks like a mule at the moment

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Observations:
England v France thread has turned into Wales v Ireland thread.
Australia v South Africa has turned into McCabe v Barnes thread.
Dan Carter thread has turned into Quade rant.
Robbie Deans thread has turned into Private School v Public School thread.
Ireland v Wales has turned into the Welsh nickname thread.
New Zealand v Argentina has turned into New Zealand injury concern thread.

Antony

Alex Ross (28)
I agree with the most of the early posts - England seem to be finding ways to win. The one doubt I have is that the French might do what the Boks seemed to do immediately post-Jake-White, by rallying around the senior players, ignoring the coach, and pulling out a ripper of a performance.

Still, probably England by <7 in a travesty of a game.

Edit: The travesty will not be the fault of the French.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I do truly believe they threw the game against Tonga, result wise it didn't matter for them, they have now named their strongest side possible. England won't know what hit them. French to get their revenge.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
The French could send out a team of Kiwi's and I'd still be jumping up and down cheering for them against the Poms.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Jesus qwerty, that's a big call! They did a bloody good act of falling apart afterwards if you're right and of getting their own supporters offside. Plus tran Duc must be migty pissed off as being portrayed as a complete shit that no one wants in the side. My mate is coming back 'cos he has given up them. That said Orcs are totally unlikeable. Allez les bleus

Status
Not open for further replies.