• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RWC QF2: England v France (W Pool B v RU Pool A)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
A mate of mine works at the hotel where England were staying. He took great pleasure in wishing them a pleasant flight home yesterday.

So I'm going to a fancy dress party at the weekend. Went to the fancy dress shop and told the girl behind the counter what I was after

Couple of minutes later the girl brings out an England rugby shirt

"Sorry love - you must have misheard me, I said I wanted to look like a Count"

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
An Englishman, an Irishman and a South African walk into a bar. Must have been in the departure lounge.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
A family of England supporters head out shopping, for Barbours, in
Richmond, one Saturday before Christmas.
While in a sport shop, the son picks up a Welsh rugby shirt and says to
his sister, "I've decided I'm going to be a Welsh supporter and I'd like
this shirt for my Christmas present!"
The sister is outraged at this; promptly whacks him round the head and
says, "Go talk to your mother." Off goes the little lad, with Welsh
shirt in hand and finds his mother.

"Mum"
"Yes, son?"
"I've decided I'm going to be a Welsh supporter and I'd like this shirt
for my Christmas present." The mother is outraged at this; promptly
whacks him round the head and says, "Go talk to your father."
Off he goes with the Welsh shirt in hand and finds his father.

"Dad."
"Yes, son?"
"I've given this a lot of thought; I've watched the style of rugby they
play and I've decided I'm going to be a Welsh rugby supporter and I
would like this Welsh shirt for my Christmas present." The father is
outraged at this; promptly whacks his son round the head and says: "No
son of mine is ever going to be seen in THAT!"

About half an hour later, they are all back in the car heading home.
The father turns to the son and says: "Son, I hope you've learned an
important lesson today?"
The son turns to his father and says: "Yes, Father, I have".
Father says: "Good son, and what is it?"
The son replies: "I've only been a Welsh supporter for an hour and I
already hate you English f*ckers!"

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
Two englishmen were in a bar and an Australian walks in and orders a drink.

"Look at him" says the Englishman to his friend, "He thinks he's so wonderful, just because he's Australian. Let's bring him down to size."

So the Englishman walks over and yells to the Australian at the bar: "Hey Aussie, John Eales was a soft, pathetic, yellow-bellied excuse for a rugby player."

The Australian looks up, acknowledges the Englishmen with a casual glance, and returns to his beer.

The Englishman returns to his mate, "There's no flapping this Aussie, I think we need to get a bit closer to the bone to stir him."

So the other Englishman walks over to the Aussie and says, "Hey Aussie, I heard John Eales was a Pom."

At this the Australian feels compelled to retort. "So your mate said." And he returned to his beer.

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm really not sure who to support. France just knocked us out but I was born there. Wales are playing some great rugby but it seems all manner of people are claiming Welsh roots and their superficial support is winding me up.

I think I might stay impartial and hop on either bandwagon when the match is finished, 2008 US election style!

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm really not sure who to support. France just knocked us out but I was born there. Wales are playing some great rugby but it seems all manner of people are claiming Welsh roots and their superficial support is winding me up.

I think I might stay impartial and hop on either bandwagon when the match is finished, 2008 US election style!

S'funny. Haven't seen many people claiming welsh roots and how d'yew know their support is superficial? Who and why is it upsetting yew??

dobduff11

Trevor Allan (34)
I'm going to answer both of your questions in this thread Cardiffblue:

Bearing in mind I'm in London. Loads of people at my rugby club were claiming welsh heritage yesterday as well as several people at work, its the fair-weather fan syndrome. Tbf English supporters are really bad for this sort of thing, the Ashes comes to mind.

Decided to support France even though they knocked my boys out.

Cardiffblue

Jim Lenehan (48)
I'm going to answer both of your questions in this thread Cardiffblue:

Bearing in mind I'm in London. Loads of people at my rugby club were claiming welsh heritage yesterday as well as several people at work, its the fair-weather fan syndrome. Tbf English supporters are really bad for this sort of thing, the Ashes comes to mind.

Decided to support France even though they knocked my boys out.

Still finding it difficult to see why it gets up yewer nose, specially given the antics of orcs when they were still in the RWC nevertheless I'll send a message to Cement Head and the bois in NZ to warn them that you are going for the French

Status
Not open for further replies.