• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tank

9 All Blacks in the starting side isn't too bad....

I count 10 Bullrush - although I may have awarded a Cap to someone who has not actually received one!

Rokocoko
Stanley
McAlister
Ranger
Brett
Mathewson
Williams
Boric
Afoa
Mealamu

should be a great match

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
It has all the makings for a top battle. I hope both teams turn up with their "A" game because it promises so much. As long as the REDS finish ahead..........

Godfrey

Phil Hardcastle (33)
9 All Blacks in the starting side isn't too bad....

Not bad, but can be misleading. I mean, the Reds have 11...

Slipper, S Fainga'a, Daley, Horwill, Simmons, Samo, Higginbotham, Genia, Cooper, Ioane and A Fainga'a.

I reckon of these only 5 would be near definites for tomorrows Wallabies side.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
There's a million Wallabies in your average Tahs side and we've seen that means fuck all for the outcome of games. Pumped for Reds v Blues. Gonna be an absolute cracker!

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Not bad, but can be misleading. I mean, the Reds have 11...

Slipper, S Fainga'a, Daley, Horwill, Simmons, Samo, Higginbotham, Genia, Cooper, Ioane and A Fainga'a.

I reckon of these only 5 would be near definites for tomorrows Wallabies side.

With injuries taken into account Samo is probably the only player there not in a 22 on current form and you could probably include Morahan. Always annoys me when commentators announce so and so is a Wallaby or AB though. If it hasn't been in the last few seasons it can be ignored. Point in case here is Shep.

Should be a cracker. Only area Reds have an advantage is the halves, Blues do though in the centers. Tapuai will have a huge test against McCalister. Rest of the matchups look very even.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Only area Reds have an advantage is the halves, Blues do though in the centers. Tapuai will have a huge test against McCalister. Rest of the matchups look very even.

I think the Reds have the edge from 4-10 but Blues 1-3 and 11-15. Will be interesting to see how it plays out. Reds backrow needs to have a huge game.

C

chief

Hate to say it, but that Blues team is laced with quality players, I fear the Blues by about 5, in a tough match. I also worry about Jonathan Kaplan refereeing this match. I have grown to become cynical of Kaplan, not saying he's biased, I'm just saying he's bad.

I do worry about Tapuai's inclusion in such a game, although some of the members on this forum are very incesscent about his ability, so I certainly hope to be proven wrong, on this, and everything in which I have said in this post.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Reds have a big advantage in the backrow, with the form Higginbotham and Robbo are in, whilst the Auckland are missing Kaino and Daniel Braid. The battle of the 9's will be intruiging, Mathewson is having a good season. The lock battle will also be massive. God dam this game is shaping up to be fucking close

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Hate to say it, but that Blues team is laced with quality players, I fear the Blues by about 5, in a tough match. I also worry about Jonathan Kaplan refereeing this match. I have grown to become cynical of Kaplan, not saying he's biased, I'm just saying he's bad. I do worry about Tapuai's inclusion in such a game, although some of the members on this forum are very incesscent about his ability, so I certainly hope to be proven wrong, on this, and everything in which I have said in this post.

Chief, as a fellow loyalist, I fret too about what Friday night might bring. I have two specific concerns (in addition to general fears of the Blues' calibre): one, the Reds' defence consistency and all-of-80 intensity has been poor since the last home game, and, two, QC (Quade Cooper)'s place kicking has been erratic and sub the % success rate required to win very tight games, if the opposition should take its place kicks generally well (not 100%, but say 75%+). I was not at all reassured after the win over the Rebs - we let in three tries by a much lower-ranked team, and if Hux could place kick just moderately well, we may have been in trouble. Heart is hope; head is anxiety.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Chief, as a fellow loyalist, I fret too about what Friday night might bring. I have two specific concerns (in addition to general fears of the Blues' calibre): one, the Reds' defence consistency and all-of-80 intensity has been poor since the last home game, and, two, QC (Quade Cooper)'s place kicking has been erratic and sub the % success rate required to win very tight games, if the opposition should take its place kicks generally well (not 100%, but say 75%+). I was not at all reassured after the win over the Rebs - we let in three tries by a much lower-ranked team, and if Hux could place kick just moderately well, we may have been in trouble. Heart is hope; head is anxiety.

If he sticks to drop punts and ditches the torpedo he will kick much better.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
I'm looking forward to this game. Should be a cracker, and despite injuries in both camps, still two very decent teams being fielded. That Blues backline looks pretty hot, so let's hope that the Red's defensive game is on.

Go the Reds!!!!

T

Tank

There he is, and thank GOD you're wrong!

Thanks Tordah - thought he had a cap or two but stand corrected - it is the other Stephen that has got all the caps as DC's back up for the last few years.

Although if I was a kiwi, I would probably prefer Brett over Donald...

aussie1st

Alfred Walker (16)
Thank God Chambers isn't starting, shouldn't even be on the bench either. Can't wait for this match, hopefully the Reds do the business else the NZ media will be all over the Reds not being able to beat the Kiwi teams.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The crowd should be big, and also the Kiwis will be out in force....Its at the rugby you realise how many are here.... last home game they wore Red this week it will be down town Auckland through out Caxton street... And not having a dig here toward the kiwis.

A few years back when both teams played at suncorp, when the Reds were rebuilding :-\.

I felt alone as i was 1 of only a couple of thousand reds fans against a few thousand Blue fans...

As I posted...
just watched the sport news, and the blues coach said its like a home game, as they all the kiwis come out of the woodwork...
Cant wait for tomorrow..

Go Reds.

reds win by 10 and bonus point,
cooper must also bring his goal kicking game.

Ali's Choice

Jimmy Flynn (14)
I think the breakdown will be even more crucial in this game than usual.

The Blues have shown that when the pressure is on, they can best any team in the comp at the breakdown. They smashed the Crusaders at breakdown in round 1, continually putting more players into the tackle area and blasting away the out-numbered Crusaders forwards like rag dolls. Again two weeks ago, they blew away the Highlanders at the breakdown. Up till this game the Highlanders had been one of the best teams in SANZAR at both counter-rucking and securing their own breakdown ball at the tackle area. The Highlanders had shown that by committing numbers to the breakdown they could trouble teams which opted to limit the players they sent into the ruck contest. Well the Blues completely outmuscled them at breakdown. They out-Highlandered the Highlanders. And it was upon this breakdown dominance that the Blues were able to secure valuable away win in Dunedin against an in-form team.

The Reds will be working hard to contain the Blues backline, and gain parity with a very good Blues very set piece. But IMO the strongest feature of the Blues game is their breakdown work, and in particular their ability to secure counterruck turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.