• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodred

Fred Wood (13)
I think Link may opt for a 4:3 split on the bench again this week as he might not be able to call on his regulars to cover other spots. With Harris out and Lucas a back up for 10 is needed. Also someone to cover 9. Very worried about what will happen if Lucas is ruled out.

Agree 100%. Lucas covers three positions and if he is ruled out there could be problems. Has anyone heard anything?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Wow, I've never realised how important Lucas is for us, you sometimes forget that he is our back up 9/10.
Atleast Auckland have injury worries aswell, so it won't be just QLD with the injury problems on Friday

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
It's made all the more worse with Harris out as well. There is no one else in the squad who isn't injured who has played 10 at Super level. Tapui has played there in club rugby but he plays it like a 12.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Adam Thompson gets the balance in his game between loose and tight spot on. That is what Higgers needs to work on and he has. I would hate to see such a natural athlete constrained too far.

The obvious for the Reds is to target the Blues lineout.

How far off is Hynes?

There is a lot of talk about Higgers seagulling, but I don't think there has been much of it this year. I agree in the past he has, but this year he is getting stuck into the work around the ruck. In attack however, I am sure that the Reds ask him to stand a little wider for a few reasons - using his size and speed combination against opposition backs, getting to the breakdown fast, and his very good support play. I would say he is probably the best supporting forward in Aus at the moment.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
It's made all the more worse with Harris out as well. There is no one else in the squad who isn't injured who has played 10 at Super level. Tapui has played there in club rugby but he plays it like a 12.

I'd probably ask Genia to step up as the first option with Prior at 9. Genia has the kicking, passing and running game to do the job. I wouldn't be without difficulties, but I am sure he could get the job done as a stop gap, with a more conservative game plan.

meatsack

Ward Prentice (10)

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
I would have thought that Holmes could be put on some medication to fix the infection. Great news about Lucas and Morahan.

Things are looking up for the weekend. Now all we need is for this bloody rain to stop.

T

tranquility

Based on injuries and club form you would assume Aidan Toua is a good chance for a call up this weekend.

That is good news for Reds supporters.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
In my eyes the only reason he isn't there already seems to be that he is on an academy contract. He was fantastic in the games he played earlier in the year. Hope he gets a run this weekend.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
What type of crowd are they tipping for this one? It should be a big one. The Tahs was big and maybe that might have been a bit restricted because of Easter Weekend migration.

T

TheTruth

There is a lot of talk about Higgers seagulling, but I don't think there has been much of it this year. I agree in the past he has, but this year he is getting stuck into the work around the ruck. In attack however, I am sure that the Reds ask him to stand a little wider for a few reasons - using his size and speed combination against opposition backs, getting to the breakdown fast, and his very good support play. I would say he is probably the best supporting forward in Aus at the moment.

Agree with most scotty - IMO Higgers has been able to be loose because tight fiive are really doing their work

T

TheTruth

Is Ben Daley playing this week - copped a fairly nasty cut last week AND he reckons his modelling career was back on track - bloody hell - he is kidding

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Do you reckon TBH? He lost all my respect when he dogged out on the Reds coaching gig & left the team in the lurch. In fact I blame him directly for the start of Qld rugby's ten or so years in the wilderness.

Yep, I think he's a good judge. There would be more than meets the eye with his departure from the Reds and there was widespread organisational disfunction there I think.

Reactions: daz

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
The crowd should be big, and also the Kiwis will be out in force....Its at the rugby you realise how many are here.... last home game they wore Red this week it will be down town Auckland through out Caxton street... And not having a dig here toward the kiwis.

A few years back when both teams played at suncorp, when the Reds were rebuilding :-\.

I felt alone as i was 1 of only a couple of thousand reds fans against a few thousand Blue fans...

reds win by 10 and bonus point,
cooper must also bring his goal kicking game.

Status
Not open for further replies.