• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues, Suncorp Stadium, 2011R13

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Harris is definatly out, Holmes in serious doubt. "On the flip side, both Ben Lucas (leg) and winger Luke Morahan (shoulder) are expected to play after being cleared of serious injuries"(foxsports). McKenzie has indicated he will either bring in Tapuai to 12 or Chambers to 13, Fainga'a to 12. (foxsports).
Major boost that Lucas and Morahan are likley to play

Scotty

David Codey (61)
He played there a fair bit last year for Uni but I don't think he would be considered there for the Reds

Could be a future there for him. Certainly has the size, but I like him at 15 where he can also use his pace. Would love him to develop a AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) type fend as well.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
So Ben Tapuai to play 12 with Morahan on the wing and Lucas at fullback. Prior, Chambers and Toua on the bench is how I would go in the backs.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Did you read the Courier Mail story before posting that? No room for Houston in the 22.

REDS: Ben Lucas, Luke Morahan, Anthony Fainga'a, Ben Tapuai, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Radike Samo, Beau Robinson, Scott Higginbotham, James Horwill (capt), Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Ben Daley. Res: James Hanson, Guy Shepherdson, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Jake Schatz, Ian Prior, Will Chambers, Dom Shipperley.

T

TOCC

This is good news for Ben Tapuai, like i said earlier in the season, it was unfair for Ben to be started at 13, his skill-set isn't conducive to outside centre and he got shown up as a result.. hopefully he can make the most of this opportunity, i truly believe that Ben Tapuai has the potential to be a starting 12 in Super Rugby.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Did you read the Courier Mail story before posting that? No room for Houston in the 22.

REDS: Ben Lucas, Luke Morahan, Anthony Fainga'a, Ben Tapuai, Digby Ioane, Quade Cooper, Will Genia; Radike Samo, Beau Robinson, Scott Higginbotham, James Horwill (capt), Rob Simmons, James Slipper, Saia Fainga'a, Ben Daley. Res: James Hanson, Guy Shepherdson, Adam Wallace-Harrison, Jake Schatz, Ian Prior, Will Chambers, Dom Shipperley.

No I didn't. Maybe I should read the news before posting. Didn't even know when the team was being announced. Still would have liked to see Toua on the bench.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Thank god for Tapuai over Chambers, Rene Ranger would of had a fun game if he was up against him. I agree with you Jets about Toua, oh well, bonus for Easts having him for another week!

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Thank god for Tapuai over Chambers, Rene Ranger would of had a fun game if he was up against him. I agree with you Jets about Toua, oh well, bonus for Easts having him for another week!

Yep, pretty sure that would be the main reason for having Taps at 12 and keeping Ant at 13. Also keeps more players in the same position. Good team.

Taps is going to have to be prepared to take a few crash balls though. Coming back on the angle for Coopers short pass.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
Blues team: 15. Jared Payne, 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Benson Stanley, 12. Luke McAlister, 11. Rene Ranger, 10. Stephen Brett, 9. Alby Mathewson, 8. Peter Saili, 7. Luke Braid, 6. Chris Lowrey, 5. Ali Williams, 4. Anthony Boric, 3. John Afoa, 2. Keven Mealamu, 1. Tevita Mailau RES: 16. Tom McCartney, 17. Pauliasi Manu, 18. James King, 19. Sean Polwart, 20. Chris Smylie, 21. Lachie Munro, 22. Sherwin Stowers

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Blues team: 15. Jared Payne, 14. Joe Rokocoko, 13. Benson Stanley, 12. Luke McAlister, 11. Rene Ranger, 10. Stephen Brett, 9. Alby Mathewson, 8. Peter Saili, 7. Luke Braid, 6. Chris Lowrey, 5. Ali Williams, 4. Anthony Boric, 3. John Afoa, 2. Keven Mealamu, 1. Tevita Mailau RES: 16. Tom McCartney, 17. Pauliasi Manu, 18. James King, 19. Sean Polwart, 20. Chris Smylie, 21. Lachie Munro, 22. Sherwin Stowers

9 All Blacks in the starting side isn't too bad....

Status
Not open for further replies.