• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds V Hurricanes, Round 12, 14 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Ref called 8 but he meant 6. Browning did not collapse the maul. I'm not entirely convinced Tui did either but he was the one clinging onto the ball carrier and dragging his feet so if anybody is going to get pinged for it, it'll be him.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Restart. Reds secure the ball, Canes concede a penalty on the 10m line and Goromaru somehow lands the kick in very gusty conditions. Finally found his ninja boots again.

Off the restart, Magnay slips and fails to pick up a pass, the Canes boot it ahead and win the race to dot it down. Brilliant play from the Canes, not much you can really do about that. Barrett misses the conversion.

17-9 Canes.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Ready ruled to be held up over the goal line. My bet for Ready as first try-scorer for the Reds goes begging. Disappointing.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds secure the ball off the 5m scrum and then cough it up within a metre of the try line. As usual.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Feauai-Sautia does the best bit of running I've ever seen him do, beats about five Canes defenders and scores in the corner.

What the f---?! Even he looks surprised.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Gill gets pretty ridiculously pinged for a breakdown steal. If every referee in rugby penalised that, Pocock would not have a career.

G

galumay

This is making the rebels v brumbies game from last night look enteretaining in hindsight....and I described that game as ponderous. Canes having a horrible night, their worst performance of the year by a long way - and still in front!

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
McIntyre gets charged down by Barrett in goal and Barrett barely misses grounding it before it goes dead.

5m scrum to the Canes. Poor bit of Reds defence on the line and the Canes go over. Barrett converts and it's 24-14. Reds were looking in it up to this point.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
McIntyre screws up the kickoff AGAIN.

This is happening way too often. Getting charged down and screwing up kickoffs.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Laumape's a big unit & he ran the perfect line, right between Frisby & MacIntyre, once he got through them Browning (?) had no chance. BP-restoring try, too.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Just moved.

No foxtel.

Pub has three screen showing the league and an outdoor projector showing the rugby and they switch it over to the league as well because of a small group of bogans threatening behaviour leaving the couple of kiwis and me to sit there in silence.

Thank you for the updates guys, its greatly appreciated.

Sounds like you've moved to a "really classy location", gel!!
Is it too late "opt-out"of the contract?!!

Reactions: gel

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)
McIntyre screws up the kickoff AGAIN.

This is happening way too often. Getting charged down and screwing up kickoffs.

Have you played fly half mate? It happens to the best of teams. If this happened every game I would have a whinge. I think McIntyre is having a solid game and his kicking has been on fire considering the wind.

Great to see Tuttle get a run with the other reserves. Looking forward to seeing Duncan on the paddock.

G

galumay

I guess I should give some credit to the Canes given their travel schedule, they wont be unhappy with the outcome, a bonus point win when they were well down on accuracy and rythym.

Status
Not open for further replies.