• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds V Hurricanes, Round 12, 14 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
I don't believe McIntyre's displays are any different to what was on show in the NRC, even in a successful team. It was much easier to carry him at that level on the back of Frisby & Kerevi and no one seemed to notice it.

So to answer your question I don't think it is all down to poor structure. I think coaching may help, but unless you have Stephen Larkham lined up for a transfer, you will be hard pressed to find a suitable coach that understands the position inside and out & has an attacking gameplan to suit.

This is all redundant talk you know. Jake was RG's guy and is now MOC's. I think some of you give too much benefit of the doubt to the Coaches because 'they'd know better, they are on the inside'. Well guess what? The inside is proven to be rife with politics and bad decisions at the Reds. The results are proof that whatever they are thinking is wrong. It doesn't work and they can't/won't adapt.

Reds will not be competitive any time soon. Losing Gill next year will absolutely have a devastating effect. The Hunt experiment will draw to a close with no return on a significant investment (compared to say Folau). Kerevi will be the standout player but under utilised. Reds recruitment will continue to overpay for league players and 'big' names that will flop in a set piece orientated gameplan. The narrative is stale and predictable, much like a Reds game these days.

I think that it is crucial for the Reds to bring in a fresh coach who wants to play an attractive brand of rugby otherwise this BS will continue. No one pays to watch guys pack a scrum, and if you do, your an idiot.

If we look at the gradually unfolding fate of Australian Super Rugby franchises that consistently shift downwards to appalling win-loss ratios, weak crowds well under an average of 20k per game, and a disillusioned fan base that becomes reflected in jaundiced media coverage, it's a proven recipe for financial near-collapse and/or the requirement for large ARU subsidies and bail-outs. It's also absolutely clear that the central instrument to fix such a holistic collapse is the inspired choice of the right HC - witness the saviour jobs done by Link, J White, Cheika.

This is the path the 2016 Reds are now walking down. So it's clear that if the QRU does not pick a first class HC and clean out all the dead wood there now, a repeat of 2008-9 is inevitable. And 2016 will be a very poor financial year for the QRU just as 2015 was. Some form of upturn in 2017 is life-critical.

The ARU is still paying large subsidies to the 'private equity' Rebels, is now de facto funding the Force and will likely have to subside the Brumbies soon. If there is a serious financial crisis at the QRU in late 2017 and beyond, even with the ARU's new media deal's $s, its total finances could become very strained all over again.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
RedsHappy
Agree totally. The current co-blokes have shown very little to me or other supporters in 2016
Refusal to try different selections is my main whinge.
It just about seems that the co-blokes are in a holding pattern and not prepared to put their stamp on the team (until one of them is made HC on his own)

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I must be an idiot too. Last game I was at was Reds vs Blues, and every time someone dropped the ball and the ref put his arm out, I was cheering.

When Greg Holmes is your tighthead, you have a lot to cheer about.

saulityvi

Syd Malcolm (24)
Watched a replay of the game and I absolutely agree with the critizism McIntyre is getting. Now i know he doesnt get front foot ball all times, but I think he lacks alot of instincts to be a good Super level fly half.

When the forwards got over the gainline, he was standing in the same spot where he was when the forward got the ball, standing still. He should have been running into a flat pass at that stage, thats how you fix the inside defence. Not by taking a 25 meter pass 15 meters behind the line standing on your heels.
He is young and inexperienced so I forgive mistakes, but not trying at all is unforgivable, especially as it seems he has his place semented.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Whilst I had my criticism of Quade's lack of consistency in recent years I recall when he came into the Reds as a very young bloke (on the back of someones injury).

He had plenty of fuckups, he was inexperienced but he had a crack. People could see what he COULD and WOULD be capable of. The flat long passes, standing flat in attack. He got better quickly. The talent showed through.

Unfortunately the current lad doesn't seem to have much in the tank. How long does one persevere with him ?

Status
Not open for further replies.