• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds V Hurricanes, Round 12, 14 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Sounding more and more like the Dublin 9 situation. Late back to digs on the Tuesday before a day's rest, played the following weekend and then stood down for the subsequent match.

But then the hate mail started - including from a high profile player's mother, mostly aimed at the Wallaby Captain but also at the coach. It is feasible that this was the start of the demise of the two of them in their respective roles. And to be blunt, it was pretty much rival franchise fan-based, especially in the direction of the captain.

Not saying the two situations are exactly the same (the Dublin 9 had also apparently been on the turps to the tune of several thousand dollars as reported) but there are parallels. So far though, it seems the actions taken against the Canes' players have almost universal acceptance (as they should). There seems to be more cohesion across the NZ franchises than across ours I think.

T

TOCC

Dublin was years ago, let's move on...

Even with the Canes losing 5 players(realistically only 4 starters) they still have the depth to put out an impressive team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
That's true - the Canes will put out a strong side and the Reds will have to play bloody good to be in the game.

My point otherwise is that we Aussie fans could take a lesson from the NZ fans (Quade excepted) in showing understanding and tolerance across the franchises. Too much State-based crap goes on in relation to the Wallabies imo.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think it was Goromaru not CFS who missed that tackle that let in the try wasn't it?

The Reds are actually looking much better so far, on the whole. Clearing the rucks quicker and dominating the breakdown. Even starting to look dangerous in attack. Excellent break from Magnay.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
I think the main difference is that McIntyre has actually straightened his attack, he's drawing defenders and then putting a quick late pass through to the player outside him. The Canes seem to be expecting him to do his usual thing of crabbing and standing too deep, so they're leaving holes in front of him which is giving him half an opening.

Well done Reds and McIntyre. Hope it continues.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Reds 6-5 'canes.

I think it was Goromaru not CFS who missed that tackle that let in the try wasn't it?

Thought it was Goromaru who rushed up & CFS who missed the tackle but coulda been other way round, either way it was pretty poor D. Agree about Reds looking OK, let's see how they're travelling after 20 into the wind...........

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds falling off tackles left right and centre. Very lucky not to concede a try but the Hurricanes coughed it up.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Reds piggies looking pretty switched on. Scrum and lineout good. Backs need to click a bit. Hurricanes always dangerous on the counter.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Frisby kicking like a busted flush so far. Pop-gun. Otherwise he seems to be trying to make the play more than McIntyre.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just moved.

No foxtel.

Pub has three screen showing the league and an outdoor projector showing the rugby and they switch it over to the league as well because of a small group of bogans threatening behaviour leaving the couple of kiwis and me to sit there in silence.

Thank you for the updates guys, its greatly appreciated.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Reds reverting to their usual slow ball clearance from rucks and surprise, surprise... Back to making zero penetration in attack.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Just moved.

No foxtel.

Pub has three screen showing the league and an outdoor projector showing the rugby and they switch it over to the league as well because of a small group of bogans threatening behaviour leaving the couple of kiwis and me to sit there in silence.

Thank you for the updates guys, its greatly appreciated.

You need to stage a coup. Fast. That's unacceptable TV allocation.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
Barrett kicks the conversion. Off to the sheds at 12-6 to the Canes. Reds will start the second half down to 14 men and facing into a strong breeze.

Status
Not open for further replies.