• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v NSW Waratahs @ Auckland - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GC

The Tahs backs are incapable of passing in front of their man. Terrible.

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Blues are just a cut above in everything they do. Tahs "backline" is shit.

G

GC

And another try to the Blues. Bonus point after only 26 mins. Could hit 50-0 by halftime.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
How many regular starting AB's are there in this Blues team? Might be the biggest over achievers we have seen yet this year?

B

BRIX

How many regular starting AB's are there in this Blues team? Might be the biggest over achievers we have seen yet this year?

Settle down. We're playing shit.

Oh - I just overstood what you were saying.

G

GC

I can count 9 ABs in the Blues. 4 are regular starters. They've underachieved for years.

S

Skippy

50 minutes gone and 31 to 7 down. Scrum 5 yards out and Beale elects to turn it inside to renowned crash ball 12 Halangahu to hit it up into the teeth of the Blues backrow and 10/12. Result - stripped, kicked away and lineout near half way. Great play NSW!.
For me... I knew this was going to be a long day at the office when after 5 minutes the Tahs had several attacking phases and repeatedly slowed down quick ball. What is the point of that?!!! We were picking and driving, and the Blues defence was just never troubled as they had plenty of time to re-organise their defence and knock us over. Mumm is one of the worst offenders at this. He crouches down the rear of the ruck and has a good look, waits and waits and wastes any of the momentum achieved by the previous run(s). Completely useless. burgess has his moments doing this, but often it's the forwards who know we are picking and driving but dont seem to have any urgency or desire to pick and go with speed and keep the defence on the back foot and disorganised.
Sorry, but that it for the Tahs season to be honest.
And Lachie Turner?? Probably just played his way out of the WC squad with his efforts tonight. Lost ball whilst diving for the line after 51 minutes was one thing.... failing to deal with McCalisters grubber kick was a joke and certainly not what you would expect from a international winger in a Wallabies jersey.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
So Turner gets a whack in the head from Toeva, and the TMO (and the Kiwi commentators) conveniently ignore this. Nothing is going right tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.