• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v NSW Waratahs @ Auckland - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, I was trying to avoid commenting on this game, as it is shitting me enough already...but, WHAT THE FUCK IS DEAN MUMM THINKING????? Down by 24 so you go for 3??? Just pathetic capitulation.

O

Old Timer

Turner dives for the corner and loses the ball - after Toeva tackles him square around the neck - the commentators are in the process of turning themselves blind in relation to his play and don't seem to comment on the tackle - but isn't it a penalty try? The only reason the try wasn't scored was because of a head high tackle.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Turner dives for the corner and loses the ball - after Toeva tackles him square around the neck - the commentators are in the process of turning themselves blind in relation to his play and don't seem to comment on the tackle - but isn't it a penalty try? The only reason the try wasn't scored was because of a head high tackle.

Well, I don't know about that. His arm hit Turner in the head, but they were both diving, so hard to call that foul play. Turner dorked himself mostly.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Nothing in the Turner tackle.

Blues have gone to sleep, Cross scores a try, but Beale's kicking keeping them out of the race.

Drew Mitchell man of the match in a beaten team.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Ulugia with two fuck ups (knock on, not straight) and the Tahs, despite winning the 2nd half, will probably end up with 0 points.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Front row only positive.

IMO Toeava made contact with Turner's head. In league that's a penalty try.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Front row were very good, around the paddock and in the scrum. The defense in the first half was woeful, both in line speed and one-on-one tackling. The kicking both in field and at goal was pretty bad, and in the wet you need your kicking to be spot on. As a consequence, this just put the Tahs under a lot of pressure in terms of possession and territory, and the Blues were very clinical.

Cutter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

The reason Turner didn't score the try is because he didn't move the ball to his outside arm. Bad finishing. Nothing to do with the tackle.

darkhorse

Darby Loudon (17)
I'm certain the tackle on Turner was worse than it looked. Toeava came in with a swinging arm, which the 'slow-motion' replay plays down. The replay takes alot of the force of the impact. An Ali punch would look like a pat if you slow it down enough from far away.

As said above Turner goes limp after the swinging arm hits him in the head. Its not even a high tackle, it was pretty much a punch to the head. I don't think it was intentional but it should of been a penalty and therefore a penalty try as it prevented a try.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Front row only positive.

IMO Toeava made contact with Turner's head. In league that's a penalty try.

Give your self an uppercut - the only person Turner has to blame is himself. He dived way to early and by the time Toeava hit him, his head was at about the height of Toeava's ankles. Should Toeava just let him go?? I think Turner thought he was gonna slide across for the line.....he was useless all night.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, seriously guys, some straw clutching going on with that tackle.
As I may have mentioned, that decision to go for 3 points when down by 24 was monumentally stupid. The scrum was getting some real momentum, and I just cannot believe they didn't back themselves to score. It might have been the difference between that final score, and leaving with 1 or 2 bonus points. It says to the opposition, "We're soft, you have us beaten". I don't care what the maths said in Mumm's head.
Good scrum, good second half, good Schmoo.
Otherwise not much to go on a highlights reel.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
If Turner hadn't been hit across the head with what looked like a closed fist from Toeava, he would have slid across the corner for the try. Toeava shouldn't have let him go, but he shouldn't have hit him above the shoulders in the tackle, which anywhere you are on the field is a clear penalty.

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
If Turner hadn't been hit across the head with what looked like a closed fist from Toeava, he would have slid across the corner for the try. Toeava shouldn't have let him go, but he shouldn't have hit him above the shoulders in the tackle, which anywhere you are on the field is a clear penalty.

Not even close....he hit the ground too hard and too early and the ground wasn't wet so instead of sliding, he basically face-planted himself in the turf. You say Toeava shouldn't have let him go but with Turner being that low so far out from the line, he did the only thing he could which was try to tackle him towards the side-line. If Turner had backed himself, picked up his nuts and taken one or two steps more before diving for the line, he probably would have made it.

Mitchell is the man BTW.....almost as good as Toeava....

Status
Not open for further replies.