• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v NSW Waratahs @ Auckland - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

minorbird

Tom Lawton (22)
Obviously you were too busy listening to the commentators rather than looking at the slo-mo, which clearly showed Toeava making contact before Turner hits the ground. But really, doesn't matter anyway (except for maybe two points for the Tahs).

Richo

John Thornett (49)
An all out horrible effort from the Waratahs. Any claim that we won the second half holds no water as the Blues had already won the game. Shmoo was awesome - best on ground I thought. Which was good, because after him were at least 15 Blues.

Dean Mumm has no business with the captaincy, as every man and his dog who supports the Tahs knew before it happened.

Well done to the Blues. Some beautiful, cohesive back line play and a treat display around the ruck.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
I missed this game, coming back from my own game today, certainly sounds like I didnt miss anything going by the comments.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Not even close....he hit the ground too hard and too early and the ground wasn't wet so instead of sliding, he basically face-planted himself in the turf. You say Toeava shouldn't have let him go but with Turner being that low so far out from the line, he did the only thing he could which was try to tackle him towards the side-line. If Turner had backed himself, picked up his nuts and taken one or two steps more before diving for the line, he probably would have made it.

Mitchell is the man BTW.....almost as good as Toeava....

Exactly, Turner had butchered it before Toeava even got to him.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Well my thoughts on the game.

It went as I expected because Hangers has been poor in defence this year. I do not rate Cross and have said it consistantly. Mumm should be struggling for a starting spot if there was a decent starting lock on the reserves bench so to make him Captain is silly. But mainly I knew the Tahs would die in the ass in this game and would fail to show up in much the same way as they did against the Cheetahs. The first 50 minutes was shocking with most of the easy metres coming through the weak defensive centres. I saw this when they recruited Cross and was one reason why I was so dead set against him. The application of the forwards was also poor except for one or two exceptions, and this includes the Captain. Again basic skills excution was dire, even under no pressure.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What does everyone think of Mowen as a lock? I think he has the lineout requirements and it would allow a backrow of Dennis/Waugh/Palu.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
What does everyone think of Mowen as a lock? I think he has the lineout requirements and it would allow a backrow of Dennis/Waugh/Palu.

Dennis is a better lock and not by much. Mowen has played lock for he Wicks and it wasn't pretty. 8 or 6.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
What is there to say other than I'm seriously considering officially swapping allegiances to the Brumbies/Force/Lions to avoid the constant pain and disappointment being a Tahs fan is.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I would mind seeing Dennis back at lock to see waugh mowen palu back 3, but I don't know if either mumm or Douglas deserve to keep their spot

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
What is there to say other than I'm seriously considering officially swapping allegiances to the Brumbies/Force/Lions to avoid the constant pain and disappointment being a Tahs fan is.

I've sat through far worse seasons than this. 07, and basically from 2000-2005

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
im upset about the loss but not a whole heap. from the moment the team was announced i had a bad feeling in my stomach. the first 30 was shocking and i thought we were in for a hiding, but the boys actually stuck in and adapted and changed things up a little, it didnt pay off but not becuase we didnt get the chances

we stuffed them up. missing 9 points i think it was through 3 conversions and a penalty again made the gap to great and if matt burke cant train someone to kick, is he worth the money to waterboy when someone would probably do it for free.

i thought the tahs also butchered a couple of tries, turners was brutal and i thought he would have dropped the ball regardless of the forearm, however felt it was still worthy of a penalty.

simple execution, beale looked like he had the weight of the world on his shoulders, hopefully berrick is back next week. the article bullshit from the tahs during the week that beale wouldnt be affected by his move wasnt backed up by his performance for mine.

alcock looked great, would love to see him start mccutchen hasnt been doing much for me and ive said before, if waugh is going, maybe a phone call to hodgson wouldnt be a bad idea if we cant get someone performing to the right level at 7 soon.

hangers seems to has regressed this year, hope he just has the yips, he has never been a world beater but he seems to be making simple errors and avoiding contact in defence and that scares the shite outta me.

not a good performance, not a terrible one considering the way the boys applied themselves in the last 30, pity the game is 80 minutes long.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I've sat through far worse seasons than this. 07, and basically from 2000-2005

So have I. It's more the continuous let down from showing pretty good promise at the start of a season and being possible title contenders on a number of occasions to an ultimate and seemingly inevitable failure.

The point about going into their shells/not fighting in the losses seems pretty true too. See Mumm's call for the penalty for god knows what reason.

I was being just a little tongue-in-cheek too, like it or not I'm a Tahs supporter for life.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I didn't think the Tahs were too bad, they were out-gunned for a while, but they stuck to their patterns with a weakened side.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I didn't think the Tahs were too bad, they were out-gunned for a while, but they stuck to their patterns with a weakened side.

You thought that first half was acceptable, FP? They get some credit for fighting back and giving the Blues a bit of a run, but they never really got close. Poor attitude, application and execution of a defensive plan in the first half.

Status
Not open for further replies.