• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Blues v NSW Waratahs @ Auckland - 2011R09

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Well done on the Halangahu at 12 call.

Qwerty's done well to pick a non-obvious backline, but I am worried that Hangers is not really a 12. I think he can only play 12 as a second 10 and this is not a good fit with the standard Tah gameplan. What happens now when things get a bit ragged is that we toss the ball to Carter for a settling hit-up, then start over. If we toss the ball to Hangers in the same circumstances his settler has to be a kick to the corners because of his skill set. He is not going to be able to hit the gain line and recycle as Tom does. That being said, maybe with all the injuries we are going to be field-position super conservative this week.

The Tahs have built a backline where there is so much possible interchanging that if someone does go down there is always a possible alternative structure. Burgess and Carter would be the only two one-position players and it does mean that we can play with increased confidence whatever adversity comes our way.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought Hangers to 12 made the most sense. He's the one able to replicate TC's game the most. I think that's the style he'll be looking to play most of the game.

The forward pack is still very strong but I doubt we'll win this at Eden Park. Let's just hope the Blues suffer the blues after the bye.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is there any news on Fitzpatrick's injury? He was on crutches... TPN has to stay on the field for as long as possible :/

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Is there any news on Fitzpatrick's injury?

Read somewhere he's out for six weeks.

We really should have a sticky up front on G&GR with each franchises injury list, especially anticipated return dates. All right, all right, I'll get on to it.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
And hope they play like in the last 20 against Cheetahs. I benched Mitchell last week for Poki, which didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped (gotta keep SBW and Dagg).

You're a hard taskmaster, that change only cost you 6 fantasy points and both scored well! But I doubt Mitchell will see much ball this week, I'd definitely keep Poki on the park.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
I still think the Tahs can win this up front they'll have to play 10 man rugby but as long as they find touch & force plenty of scrums they'll be a shout.

G

GC

Things have turned to shit for the Tahs. 7-0 Blues. Beale's kicking & Tahs line out shocking.

G

GC

12-0 & about to be 14-0. Tahs getting worked over badly. Both Blues tries from the props.

G

GC

Fark - this is shameful from the Tahs. Defense is non-existent. Scoring tries at will with simple kicks behind the line. 19-0 Blues after 20 mins.

B

BRIX

We need Diesel forwards not poofta backs. Stop going blindside too Burgess you guinea

G

GC

Another head clash and another kiwi destroyed. How many of these have happened this weekend?

Status
Not open for further replies.