• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Western Force 2025

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Hope so for the Wallabies sake. Is winning a comp a genuine thought though when picking up Tahs from mid table seasons? Cron loves his Shute Shield players and a few are back playing well at the moment.
McKellar‘s biggest hurdle is to build a team culture at the Tahs. It has been lacking after numerous disappointing coaching stints at Daceyville. It seems Kiss is being successful at this in Brisbane, Larkham has Brumbies going well and Cron sounds like he has a good culture in Perth. The all promising Tahs. Let’s see if they can go well next year. It’s not through a lack of training facilities, amazing home ground and big name players now in their squad that’s for sure.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Western Force is excited to announce the appointment of Damian Steele as the Club’s new Fortescue Academy manager.

Steele has been appointed to the position made vacant following Chris Goodman’s promotion to the Club’s general manager of rugby role earlier in the year.

READ MORE
Very good guy. He’ll be a great pick up.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Very good guy. He’ll be a great pick up.
That’s good to hear. It seems Rugby Australia is making sure the Rebel players are all going to either the Tahs or the Reds. I wonder why they would let that happen? So the Tahs don’t get the spoon!

seabasss

Bob McCowan (2)
That’s good to hear. It seems Rugby Australia is making sure the Rebel players are all going to either the Tahs or the Reds. I wonder why they would let that happen? So the Tahs don’t get the spoon!
I don't think it's any secret RA and Twiggy aren't sending each other Christmas cards, so I'm not surprised to hear rumors that the Force was not an option for contracted Rebels players to go to. I also think that with the Lions tour next year RA probably do want a Leinster-esk super team, in the Reds, that will go very well in SRP (Super Rugby Pacific) comp and drive cohesion into the Wallabies.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I heard this from a friend who knows a lot of the Brisbane based Rebels players
If it was the case, and ex-Rebels are more than willing to share that, it would be remarkable if the journos had missed or passed up that story given the media climate surrounding RA and the downfall of the Rebels.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
If it was the case, and ex-Rebels are more than willing to share that, it would be remarkable if the journos had missed or passed up that story given the media climate surrounding RA and the downfall of the Rebels.
They are journos. Doesn’t mean they are any good.

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
I wouldn't exactly call one Force fan's self-pitying musings rumours that it wasn't an option...
I thought that Rugby Australia was planning to share the talent to make 4 strong sides by eliminating the Rebels?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I put forward a more sensible explanation…

Contract availability, and players from the east coast preferring to remain there.

I reckon the Reds, and maybe the Brumbies, would’ve taken more in if possible…

And if the Force had held out a little bit longer on a couple of key signings, maybe they would’ve got lucky.

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
I put forward a more sensible explanation…

Contract availability, and players from the east coast preferring to remain there.

I reckon the Reds, and maybe the Brumbies, would’ve taken more in if possible…

And if the Force had held out a little bit longer on a couple of key signings, maybe they would’ve got lucky.
Bullshit

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
They are journos. Doesn’t mean they are any good.
Fortunately for us, there are several pretty damn good rugby journos in the country. I maintain that if there was a story as big as RA placing a blanket ban on signing for a team, and players are happy to let it be known, then there is absolutely zero chance it wasn't broken.

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
Fortunately for us, there are several pretty damn good rugby journos in the country. I maintain that if there was a story as big as RA placing a blanket ban on signing for a team, and players are happy to let it be known, then there is absolutely zero chance it wasn't broken.
Speak to any player agent. No blanket ban but certainly discouraging it.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Are we just talking the big names or all players? Because that makes no sense at all to me. Even with all the players who have left the Tahs and the guys already signed OS there are still going to be 15 odd players without a contract. Why would RA discourage them from signing with the Force?

pnut

Charlie Fox (21)
Are we just talking the big names or all players? Because that makes no sense at all to me. Even with all the players who have left the Tahs and the guys already signed OS there are still going to be 15 odd players without a contract. Why would RA discourage them from signing with the Force?
Big names.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Some people are so full of shit... I should sell.tin foil hats , I'd make a killing around here..

Reactions: dru

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
Some people are so full of shit... I should sell.tin foil hats , I'd make a killing around here..
I’ve heard on good authority that one of your Brumbies wanted to go to the Force but was told he couldn’t. Stick that in your tin foil hat. It won’t come out because it may harm his Wallaby chances.