• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
so if the waratahs get up is it because of the return of our strike wingers, or the new halves combo, or the retention of Foley? Let get our story straight beforehand

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)

so if the waratahs get up is it because of the return of our strike wingers, or the new halves combo, or the retention of Foley? Let get our story straight beforehand

Or my tea leaves (see post #111) or Commercial conspiracy .... or the Mitchell/Deans effect (they are coached by a foreigner) ... or because and shut up.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Clearly it will be the excellent stewardship of the Board.

Thanks a lot Braveheart81 I bring home a nice shinny new Sarcasm Detector & this one comment sends it up in flames. ;)

I'm having a hard time picking a winner in this game. Head says Brumbies but this is a real potential banana skin game for them. For mine it comes down to whether the Tahs play conservative, especially the back line, & whether they put out a full 80min effort. If Foley & co in the back line play with width & some creativity then things could get very interesting. The fact that this back line has not had a lot of time game wise in order to gel would have to be a bit of a worry for Tahs fans. In addition the dourness of Aussie v Aussie games tells me it might be a game played tighter. I'm going to say Brumbies by 5.

But shit BH 81 - they are great at League and union, especially against you Mexicans. Gotta love it!!!!!!

Confused, since when did Victoria play SOO.

Roundawhile

Billy Sheehan (19)
Confusion!

Love the way the Brumbies have played this year and wish them well. But on the other hand if they lose it's better for the reds.

If truth be told I want the ponies to win this week and the reds to win next week so there are two Aus teams in the six.

Sorry Tahs

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
I'm setting this one for kicks in general play at 81.5.

Expect a kick fest where both teams will be trying not to lose.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
The Brumbies will kick it to death. The Tahs will try enterprising rugby. These last two games are a taste of what next season could bring. If it's exciting they Tahs will retain their membership. If it's dire, it's going to be a tough year financially for them in 2013.

If the Tahs play interesting rugby, but lose these games games in 2012, I think the supporters will be more forgiving.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I expect this game to come down to the respective kick returns and chases, it will be close.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
rant begins/​
OK, my girlfriend bought a load of Tahs "season" tickets for this season.​
So I have "enjoyed" sitting in crappy seats, in the rain, at the SFS down on the try line and now I look at my seats for Saturday and see I am on the goal line in a 80k stadium.​
I really think when they allocate seats, they could be a little bit more supportive of season ticket buyers.​
rant ends/​

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm sure you will be able to head to somewhere near the halfway line and just be prepared to move a few times when people tell you that you're sitting in their seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.