• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Follow on question, is he registered as a Marquee player for the 'Tahs?

Isn't Sarel the marquee player for the Tahs? I recall that his goals is to break into the Springboks and it can't be said that he has helped his caused with his stay at the Tahs so far. It wouldn't surprise if there is a parting of ways at season's end.

Isn't public transport free if you have match tickets? If so, drive to Lidcombe, park in the street (for free) and catch the train to SOP.

Also popular to park around Concord West station and take the 30 minute walk over to the ground as The Concord Hotel is close by.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Just on Steve Mafi, his Leicester coach Richard Cotterill rates him the best 6 in the world. I watched his games in the Aviva knock outs and he was the best player on the field each time.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
So is Mumm starting because it's his last game in Sydney? If so, I bloody hope that Timani comes on at half time.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Being an ex Little Darknesser, is Hart available for selection in the Men in Gold, or has that door been shut due to Jnr RWC representation? Follow on question, is he registered as a Marquee player for the 'Tahs?

Hmmm Grayson - Grey Son - Grey = partially Dark - little black - Little Darknesser - I could have some fun with this lads name and background.
He qualifies as his grnadmother was Australain(or visited whatever qualification is), U20 doesn't stop him being able to play for Oz, even if his uncle used to be AB coach!! He had one season (I think) with Akld Blues, and never quite made it.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Just on Steve Mafi, his Leicester coach Richard Cotterill rates him the best 6 in the world. I watched his games in the Aviva knock outs and he was the best player on the field each time.

Rocky was meant to be the best player in the world when he was a Leinster. Proves you can't judge anyone in 'best in the world' terms until they play the toughest internationals in the world.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
So is Mumm starting because it's his last game in Sydney? If so, I bloody hope that Timani comes on at half time.

New halves pairing, Foley & Hart, Fareweel to Mr Mumm and the return of limpy Turner ... add to that Rockys farewell from Tahland... its more like a combo farewell Tahs trial match for 2013...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Had the Tea Leaves read at Chez Jarse tonight. The Tea Leaves said "Tahs by 11".

Bloody typical isn't it. The Chicken entrails also say that they will play attractive game of winning footy out in the Homebush wasteland with no one there to watch it, ('cept for Scarfie and a couple of kids).

This will really piss off the few remaining fans who aren't prepared to venture out to the deep Inner West to watch.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Alway thought the "inner west" in Sydney has had its western border drawn a little liberally...

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
..snip..

Had you given more notice, and if the Marketing Department were not preoccupied with announcing Michael Foley's contract extension, it could have been promoted as a Back to the Colony fixture, honouring the fact that games were played on the open fields at Moore Park one hundred and forty or so years ago. Instead of having idiots in blow up suits having races at half time the spirit of the times would be best captured by having a triangle set up and having blokes in convict uniform being lashed. If a couple of the longstanding directors could be persuaded to take part in the festivities I would be very happy to volunteer to be the flogger.

Stuff the "Back to the Colony" theme, set up the triangles and flog the selected Directors regardless. Invite the Journos to participate as well for some extra fun. There might be a bit of a queue for the role of the Flogger though.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Rocky was meant to be the best player in the world when he was a Leinster. Proves you can't judge anyone in 'best in the world' terms until they play the toughest internationals in the world.
He was the best Wob forward before he left for Leinster, they just broke him before they gave him back to us.

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
.....Tahs by 11,.....will play attractive game of winning footy out in the Homebush wasteland with no one there to watch it, ('cept for Scarfie and a couple of kids). This will really piss off the few remaining fans who aren't prepared to venture out to the deep Inner West to watch.

And moi. The caravan heading down from the beautiful Blue Mountains don't mind the "deep Inner West" at all. Quite convenient, in fact.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Wow, Waratahs with current wallabies on the bench. Again, what chance do the rest of us have?

Status
Not open for further replies.