• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyril Towers (30)
I have had a brain snap of Matt Dunning proportions. Early in the year I bought myself and the young family tickets to this. Now we actually have to go. :(

Any advice about taking a car? I can't imagine it will be too packed.
With a crowd of around 25-30k at best you should have no trouble parking. Cost you about $20 flat rate.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I have had a brain snap of Matt Dunning proportions. Early in the year I bought myself and the young family tickets to this. Now we actually have to go. :(

Parking is 20 bucks, there is about 30000 spaces so you won't have an issue.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That is a great name.

I played some junior rugby with a guy named Dash Swift. He played in the front row.

I once played against a guy whose last name was Killer........

The unfortunate thing is his father was a GP - Dr Killer. He worked in my GP's practice.

Trivia: he used to pack down in the second row for Grammar with Guy Shepherdson.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
...snip
Can't wait to see what you do with Mann-Rae

"Maldives".

?
?
?

Visited that gem of a country many moons ago. Scuba diving holiday. Awesome diving, but strong currents were an issue in places.

Lots and lots of absolutely massive Manta Rays.

Bit simplistic but "Maldives" seems to be a good fit.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

30% chance of rain as well ....

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
You could always drive to a train station on the same line, and save the $20.

Would it be any faster, or much slower? Depends on how many drive and how many trains they run. It can take a long time to get out if lots drive, whilst the trains will be easy to get outbound with that amount of people going (especially as most will be coming from the city).

I'd probably do it if I was coming from woop-woop and wasn't scared of being rolled for my Nikes at Cambelltown. Unfortunately, I live in a civilised area. (Woosh! Cheap shot!)

Lindommer

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Early in the year I bought myself and the young family tickets to this....Any advice about taking a car? I can't imagine it will be too packed.

Isn't public transport free if you have match tickets? If so, drive to Lidcombe, park in the street (for free) and catch the train to SOP.

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Just on the Hart selection.................must admit I just didn't see that one coming. Begs the question, what has Pretorious done wrong? They signed this bloke as their international player for 2 years.......bet they pay him out to get rid of him. Reminds me of that ludicrous decision made by Chris Hickey in his first year to axe Steve Mafi and sign Heindrich 'Dud' Roodt from South Africa. Mafi was like 19 at the time and Hickey had decided he would never play Super Rugby. So he signed Dud sight unseen to a 2 year deal after the Dud had not played for 18 months.........the rest is history. Dud lasted 1 game. Mafi went on to star at Leicester, was named in the Aviva team of the year and represented his father's country of birth....Tonga.

Perhaps this second African signing will be in the same category as Dud...................

Status
Not open for further replies.