• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
I have idea. Let's move the Rebels to Hobart. Then they should win the title for at least the next five years consecutively.

The Rebels are doing OK, they're on the same amount of wins this year as the Tahs, with a much smaller catchment. A better idea would be to move the Tahs to Hobart.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
It would not surprise to see the ARU receivers move in.

They've done so previously, 2000 ish for about 5 years or so IIRC.

Just wondering how the SRU finances are doing as well. These things have a nasty habbit of affecting others. Several Shute Shield clubs also seem to be regularly mentioned as sailing very close hauled to the financial breezes.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
It's they're not their.

What sense of entitlement are you referring to? Look at the ladder (which may change this weekend). God I hate begrudgers and you are one of the worst.

Cheers for the grammar correction, it must have been hard for you to understand what I was referring to in my initial post before you cracked the code.

The sense of entitlement of the brumbies is massive, troll through every Tahs thread on here and you will find brumbie fan after brumbies fan saying the Tahs have never achieved because of A,B,C, this coming from a club enjoying its first finals run in 8 years is completely out of place. It reeks of entitlement, the thought that making the finals somehow gives a blue print for every team to follow while at the same time saying the Tahs making the finals and not winning the comp is failure.

It's not every brumbies fan but it is a smell of smug that comes from a club that wears its size and success (previous success) on its shoulders as chips of winging.

I haven't denied the brumbies success at all, they have made the finals and have deserved to.

As someone from Sydney who has the slang of "entitlement" thrown at myself and the team I support, it is Ridiculus to think that you can't see it in supporters of your own team.

Jnor

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Not apt at all, completely serious. Sense of entitlement is often thrown at the Tahs as an insult, yet the real culprits all walk around their roundabouts in their crocks feeling smug about pretending their not.
It was more the 'troll' through the Tahs threads - I think 'trawl' is the right word.

Reactions: Ash

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Maybe the Tahs need a bit of help from Sisyphus so they can push the boulder up the hill for the full 80 minutes.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
The Reds have managed a solitary win outside of Australia (I think). Clearly they don't deserve to be in a finals position. Is that how your logic goes? Some of these Reds fans and their sense of entitlement is ridiculous (not directed at other good Reds fans).

Where did I say the reds deserved to be in the finals over the brumbies? I suggest you reread my post before you invent baseless theories about entitlement.
If the brumbies finish top of the conference they deserve to be the Aussie side to go through.
What I said was the brumbies dodged the saders and stormers courtesy of the draw and haven't beaten one of the top seven sides. My logic says they will need to improve on this and beat one of the top 6 sides if they are to make it past week 1 of the finals. If your logic does not I would suggest you make an appt with Dr Spock.
This has nothing to do with the being a reds supporter.
In fact if they do make it I will be cheering for the ponies and hoping they pull off an upset.

Status
Not open for further replies.