• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
The bean counters in Tah HQ at Moore Park must be worried about those crowd figures and impact on revenue.

Maybe that is the only way to get change within the franchise - through the hip pocket.

It would not surprise to see the ARU receivers move in.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
If reports are to be believed then the reason for Foley being retained is because the Tahs couldn't afford to sack him. If that's true the poor crowds have already had a devastating impact on the Tahs. Their finances must have been in pretty rough shape for one bad season, in terms of gate receipts, to leave them crippled. Like Bruce I find it hard to see the situation being resolved without outside intervention.

One good thing that might come of it is that a lack of funds might cause them to have to cut the wage bill and they may be forced to have a clear out in the off season. But looking at who's been first out the door I'm not convinced that they'd get that right either.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
I hear what people are saying about strength and conditioning, but you know, what I keep seeing from them is a lack of pure will to win. It is like they have this sense of entitlement, that because they are the Tahs, with patience they will win. Only they don't.

If it strength and conditioning, not lack of will, they'd look like walking wounded coming off. Contrast that to the Brumbies.

Here's another contrast relevant to the game. Tahs have sidelined Carter, their predictable locomotive like 12, who was probably one of the few driven players post Waugh. Brumbies conversely take people who NSW didn't rate highly enough and put them centre stage - Mowen, McCabe. Both players who don't glow with attacking talent, but are relentless, tireless, and smart.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
What is a "will to win"? Lots of things, but one key part of it is having the strength and energy to be capable of winning. This is why S&C is so crucial.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Brumbies are going OK without a well-established combination. Must be an exception.

True. They seem to be leveraging the benefit of a long kicking game very well.

Still, people would rate them a chance with lilo at the helm, most don't give them much of a shot now.

I expect that if the tahs had a combo like genia/cooper at the helm last night they would have destroyed the brumbies.

P

Paradox

Your turn to take the white glasses off slim. The bumbles haven't beaten any of the current top seven sides this year, and this includes the reds. They have benifited from not having to play the crusaders or sharks and having multiple games against the lower ranked sides.
I would like to see an Aussie side progress but unfortunately I can't see the brumbies reversing their form against the top sides.

The Reds have managed a solitary win outside of Australia (I think). Clearly they don't deserve to be in a finals position. Is that how your logic goes? Some of these Reds fans and their sense of entitlement is ridiculous (not directed at other good Reds fans).

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The Reds have managed a solitary win outside of Australia (I think). Clearly they don't deserve to be in a finals position. Is that how your logic goes? Some of these Reds fans and their sense of entitlement is ridiculous (not directed at other good Reds fans).

As an ardent anti qlder, I think their sense of entitlement is well founded due to the fact their defending champions. The brumbies sense of entitlement when they haven't made a final in 8 years is th one I don't get.

Either way, if one aus side makes the finals and gets knocked off week one, it's just bad for aus rugby all round.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Might be good for the wallabies to have so many players able to rest during the super xv finals though!

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Good burn from White at approx 10 mins in his presser on why the Waratahs struggle.

A bit cryptic, but could he be right?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Good burn from White at approx 10 mins in his presser on why the Waratahs struggle.

A bit cryptic, but could he be right?

That boring small cities make the best base for S15 teams?

"If" it rolled across other sports it would be viable, it doesn't.

It's a unity - and recipe - the Waratahs don't have, believes White.
Asked why NSW struggled this year, White said: "There's a reason why the Green Bay Packers win, there is a reason why Christchurch produce rugby teams, why the Brumbies ... and why Pretoria produce rugby teams that win competitions. If you read between the lines, there's probably a reason why Auckland and Sydney don't."
The argument goes Waratahs and Blues cityslickers spread to the four winds outside work hours and therefore don't bond as tight. And they aren't instinctively unified when their gameplan goes under pressure. Cohesion and teamwork suffers.
Is White right? Only the players would know. The Tahs talk of strong bonds and belief but on the evidence of 2012, when the heat got turned up, their game plan often curdled.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
The brumbies sense of entitlement when they haven't made a final in 8 years is th one I don't get.

You may not get it because is not there.

On the other hand, no sense of entitlement is justified anywhere, not even for the defending champions, as it breeds arrogance and the belief that they are better than others even if the ladder says otherwise.

P

Paradox

As an ardent anti qlder, I think their sense of entitlement is well founded due to the fact their defending champions. The brumbies sense of entitlement when they haven't made a final in 8 years is th one I don't get.

It's they're not their.

What sense of entitlement are you referring to? Look at the ladder (which may change this weekend). God I hate begrudgers and you are one of the worst.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
That boring small cities make the best base for S15 teams?

"If" it rolled across other sports it would be viable, it doesn't.

I have idea. Let's move the Rebels to Hobart. Then they should win the title for at least the next five years consecutively.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The passionate football cultures in places like Green Bay or Christchurch certainly helps them to punch above their weight, but it's no excuse for the Tahs, not being able to make use of the excellent resources at their disposal. Plenty of examples of big city teams being successful as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.