• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Could it be that Foley rates Mumm and Douglas above Timani?

On the Rugby Club last night Foley A. explained that Douglas and Timani were in competition for the one spot and Mumm was set for the other due to Mumm's lineout skills and type of play. On balance, given the good season that Douglas has had, they had chosen him over Timani.

Given Scott's brilliant analysis on the blog, I think I understand what Axel is talking about.

Reactions: Ash

Joe Mac

Arch Winning (36)
Confusion!

Love the way the Brumbies have played this year and wish them well. But on the other hand if they lose it's better for the reds.

If truth be told I want the ponies to win this week and the reds to win next week so there are two Aus teams in the six.

Sorry Tahs

I am an Australian fan more than a Tah's fan. I would also prefer to see two Aussie teams in the final then the Tah's win tomorrow...

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Another reason why Douglas should have been selected over timani for the wallabies?!

After Horwill, Douglas is the closest we have a classic TH lock.

But he won't bend the line or drop great one handed pop passes or create turnovers from dominant tackles.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
just put 10 bucks on the waratahs at 30+, there paying $126, good bet, easy money.

Betting on any team without their starting playmaker let alone 2 new halves in combo is ill-advised... you should have brought the humble meat pie and a beer to wash it down WJ...

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I think it's because it's Mumm's home game, he just didn't want to say that. Mumm has been horrible this year, giving away way too many penalties.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Not often I go for the Tah's, but I will be this weekend. Reckon the Brumbies might be a special though with all the positional changes at the Tahs for this game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
On the Rugby Club last night Foley A. explained that Douglas and Timani were in competition for the one spot and Mumm was set for the other due to Mumm's lineout skills and type of play. On balance, given the good season that Douglas has had, they had chosen him over Timani.

Given Scott's brilliant analysis on the blog, I think I understand what Axel is talking about.

This. I still don't get why Douglas didn't get his shot ahead of Timani for the Wobs. Timani was well down on my list of locks, behind Simmons, Douglas and Pyle from the squad alone.

Timani's one of those guys who can make a big run and big offload, but doesn't meet the real requirements of his position (line out play, playing tight and hitting rucks). These types of players will create a sensational break, but what is harder to discern is the holes they are leaving by not doing their core job well (apparent from Scott's analysis).

Timani is a player for the future, but he needs to put his head down and bum up to get there. And he needs the right type of coaching staff to get his workrate up.

I reckon Foley has gotten the selection of Mumm + Douglas right, and it was Deans who got the Timani selection wrong (even if it was solely on potential).

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I'm in the inner Inner West watching from home on Foxtel. Must be freezing out there.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I'm in the inner Inner West watching from home on Foxtel. Must be freezing out there.

Not seen any steam coming off the rucks and scrums like in the early game over in Auckland. Can't be all that cold.:)

Warm here is Chez Jarse though. The beer is cheaper as well. Doing Dry July it is even cheaper !!!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Waratahs have been finding a few holes in the Brumbies defence when running the ball back.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
See what happens when AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) tries to pass the ball after he has used up his annual allocation of passes on Wallaby Duty.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Anyone at home watching on Fox, or is everyone out in the Deep Inner West watching live?

Evenin' Hugh, Mrs D and I have ears glued to a Sanyo portable radio, tuned to 720AM ABC NSW North Coast/Northern Rivers feed! Hoping cousin Sam has a good one for the Ponies!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Been more open than what I thought so far. Tahs inside backs are willing to spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.