• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs V Brumbies @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The Jury in Chez Jarse is still out on the 9/10 combo so far. Night is young but they had better lift their game.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
No problems with the 10 so far but definitely a few questions on the 9 already. Few dodgy passes and kicks.

Brumbies would be an annoying team to play. Big kicking game and they kick away any bad field position with a good chase. Good structured defence. They disrupt the breakdowns aggressively too.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Evenin' Hugh, Mrs D and I have ears glued to a Sanyo portable radio, tuned to 720AM ABC NSW North Coast/Northern Rivers feed! Hoping cousin Sam has a good one for the Ponies!

Christ Doug, you're with the enemy tonight.

We need to know the status of the undies? The batteries must be flat after last nights escape.

My tea leaf reading will not beat the Mr Doug Lucky Undies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hooper is being a pain in the proverbial tonight.

Be bloody good to see him in Blue next year, where he belongs.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
TPN you little beauty. 5 pointer next to the posts.

Conversion from Archie's Dad should be a fait accompli.

'Tahs 7 Ponies 6.

WTF? Archie's Dad misses the conversion from about 10 metres to the right of the posts.

Score is 6-5 to Ponies. 32 minutes gone.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
TPN over after some extended pressure.

Brumbies infringing more than the Reds from last night in their own 22.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Great reward for the Tahs taking two 5m scrums from penalties, quick tap by Barnes after 3rd successive penalty - TRY TPN!

Tahs' scrum gaining ascendency.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)

We need to know the status of the undies? The batteries must be flat after last nights escape.

Spot on Hugh, the smaller Sanyo does have 3 flat size 'D' batteries, so we've switched to bigger 240v AC stereo unit!

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He got the ball out but then grabbed the ball on the ground which is a no no. Fair penalty once the replay was seen.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies seemed to be jogging for most of that half.......

I hope they've had their wake up call already.......

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

We really don't. Especially if they require batteries.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Anyone else think the Tahs had the better of the half? Yet the Brumbies go in 9 - 5 up.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Cyclo,

Those undies of Mr Doug's served the Men In Gold well during RWC 11 and the Wales Series.

Think we have only ever lost when they were not worn.

I just don't the power of them used against the 'Tahs. The power would have been drained during the Red's escape last night.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Tahs have performed a lot better than most of their games this year. But at 9-5 down we need to do something we've found very hard this year, win the 2nd half. Unless Bruce has been doing some secret work with them during the June window it's hard to see that happening.

A quick start to the 2nd half and we could get our noses in front. If it's close going into the last 20 I think the Brums having more to play for will be the difference. Barnes' missed kicks could also be costly.

Status
Not open for further replies.