• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
In view of the fact that he's not particularly keen to coach our team could we have a G&GR whip-around and put together a dowry to make him even more attractive to the Force?
Its right guys no neef to do that you keep him.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk 2

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wow, the CEO hopes the head coach will be around next year? WTF is going on at Tah HQ? Nothing more than a rabble.

NSWRU should revoke Waratahs Rugby Ltd's right to use the Waratahs brand as they have done considerable damage to the Waratahs reputation since taking up the licence in 2010.
agreed.
And ggr should take over running the tahs: then you'd see some passion!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yes, but either one of those options will cost the Tahs several hundred thousand dollars. Allen will be praying Foley walks, and soon, so that the board avoids the big payout. We are far down the rabbit hole now, my friends.
it's a game of chicken isn't it?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
In view of the fact that he's not particularly keen to coach our team could we have a G&GR whip-around and put together a dowry to make him even more attractive to the Force?
BR, by definition a 'Dowry" can be money, goods or estate that a woman brings to a marriage.
It got me thinking, what else could we include apart from money to make his Dowry more appealing.
Here's a few starters;
- A Donkey for him to make his trip west upon
- An Ass, the current Waratahs CEO
- Waratahs S&C team
- Some Shark repellant, there's some nasty sharks who are like Volkswagons with teeth over there.
- Some special pills to put the 'Firepower' back into the Force
- A board, not the one you surf on, but rather a faceless incompetent bunch of losers who run from decision making
- "Rugby for Dummies" with clues highlighted on how to identify players with chronic injuries before you sign them.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
agreed.
And ggr should take over running the tahs: then you'd see some passion!

IS, G&GR would probably do a better job of running the Tahs, but that wouldn't be hard coming from the low base set this year.

Bruce Ross has suggested learning from the AFL when setting up a Third Tier competition. Maybe the Tahs should have a look at the way their neighbours, the Swans, operate on and off the field. Looking good this year to feature well into the finals (14th finals appearance since 1996) as they lead the table with a few rounds to go.

Casting the net a bit wider, perhaps they could consider getting former Swans coach, Paul Roos, to review the coaching systems. Sure, he doesn't have a rugby background, but having contributed to the set up and culture at the Swans which is yielding success, it may be worthwhile. Desperate times, desperate measures.

you couldn't make this shit up

Too bad they didn't make a series of The Code this year. It would have been interesting viewing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Swans have also had an unbelievable knack of converting castoffs from other teams into really good players.

Not just a couple of examples. They've done it over and over again for a decade.

For anyone here who also follows AFL, Mike Pyke has been amazing in recent weeks. Definitely playing the best AFL of his career and has really become a decent player. Pretty incredible for a Canadian rugby player.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
To be fair to Foley he hasn't actually said he wants to go to the Force. The last thing he said was he wants to coach the Tahs and Allen has said thats all he knows. It's all just speculation by the Journos.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
True but an organisation that had all it's ducks in a row would issue a joint statement quashing said rumours if they were clear on where Foley will coach next year.

The problem with the Tahs is that not only are their ducks not neatly lined up, they're scattered and they have other types of birds mixed in. Rumour has it that a dodo was spotted wandering in the vicinity of Alan Gaffney's play book.

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
True but an organisation that had all it's ducks in a row would issue a joint statement quashing said rumours if they were clear on where Foley will coach next year.

The problem with the Tahs is that not only are their ducks not neatly lined up, they're scattered and they have other types of birds mixed in. Rumour has it that a dodo was spotted wandering in the vicinity of Alan Gaffney's play book.
Wood Ducks and Turkeys that definitely gobble.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I really wish I could go to sleep for a few weeks and then wake up and find that it had all been resolved one way or another. This constant speculation by media, obviously fed by the inability of managements to make a decision and stick to it, is a totally negative vibe for the whole game. Nothing could be more indicative than this coach selection process that the Boards of both the Waratahs and the Force are totally disfunctional.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Brilliant stuff from the Tahs CEO, he has no idea if foley is coaching next year or not. Surely out of everyone involved the guy who is in charge should know.

Asked whether he was confident Foley would coach the Waratahs next year, Allen said: "I can't comment on that. He has said publicly that he is. I hope he is.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ael-foley-future/story-e6frg7o6-1226432174642

What else can he say?

"It's only speculation," Allen said. "We don't comment on speculation and innuendo.
"I don't chase shadows and rumour."

Allen is between a rock and a hard place, he can only get assurances, and that is down to what Foley has says on that day - and he has said he is committed.

But that can change if Foley changes his mind.

If the Force want their man they would want make his current position unstable, the papers are all too willing to aid that with a bit of rumour, Allen publicly confronting Foley just plays into that scenario.

But that doesn't mean that the conversation hasn't been had with Foley and that doesn't mean that contingencies such as finding a replacement haven't been planned for in the Tahs bunker.

But why would any organisation want to have those scenarios played in the papers daily?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
... And how often have we heard the old code phrase "The Board has total confidence in [insert coach name] and we look forward to working with [insert same coach name] for the rest of their contract with us" trotted out.

9 times out of 10, this means that "we have already decided to sack him and are just finalising the fine details of how we will execute the sacking."

If the Bored of the Tahs come out with a statement of the nature above in support of Coach Foley, it will only intensify speculation, cause we all know what the code means.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
. And how often have we heard the old code phrase "The Board has total confidence in [insert coach name] and we look forward to working with [insert same coach name] for the rest of their contract with us" trotted out.

The Tahs have this set up as a Word Template. You just have to keep hitting F11 to go to the next field that needs entering.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
. And how often have we heard the old code phrase "The Board has total confidence in [insert coach name] and we look forward to working with [insert same coach name] for the rest of their contract with us" trotted out.

9 times out of 10, this means that "we have already decided to sack him and are just finalising the fine details of how we will execute the sacking."

If the Bored of the Tahs come out with a statement of the nature above in support of Coach Foley, it will only intensify speculation, cause we all know what the code means.
isnt it just a question of who blinks first, in this case?

T

TOCC

I think the most ominous sign is that Foley hasn't come out and confirmed/denied anything

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The whole thing has been funny. News of him continuing getting leaked after a marketing meeting, followed by foley saying it on the rugby club, then foley downgrading his language before the reds game from endorsed to "I think the board" and now the board "hopes". They should make a frontline style program instead of another season of the code.

Status
Not open for further replies.