• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
If you are going to give a youngish 10 an opportunity from Sydney Club, Rohan Saifolio would be the obvious choice, he has looked pretty good this season and was Aus U20s last season.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
He was awful for the U20s, but that's not something to hold against a player I think. Sadly there's been a few good players who have been poor for the U20s.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Louden and Manenti - an intriguing prospect...

Bruce, do you think Todd Louden would have the degree of bloody-mindedness required to straighten out the culture at the Tahs, ie to work well in spite of a board that seems determined to meddle in everything and is not well accustomed to running a professional sporting organisation?

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Bruce, do you think Todd Louden would have the degree of bloody-mindedness required to straighten out the culture at the Tahs, ie to work well in spite of a board that seems determined to meddle in everything and is not well accustomed to running a professional sporting organisation?
Bloody oath.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Brilliant stuff from the Tahs CEO, he has no idea if foley is coaching next year or not. Surely out of everyone involved the guy who is in charge should know.

Asked whether he was confident Foley would coach the Waratahs next year, Allen said: "I can't comment on that. He has said publicly that he is. I hope he is.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...ael-foley-future/story-e6frg7o6-1226432174642
Well, it seems that Jason Allen does exist. He's actually given an interview.

Jason, a word of advice. Tomorrow morning, grab your gonads in both hands, summon Foley to your office and tell him he has ten minutes to choose between two alternatives, either give an irrevocable commitment to coach next year or clean his office out and fuck off.

There may be coaches in world rugby who are so good they could get away with having an organisation they are contracted to dangling waiting for an answer. If there are, Michael Foley isn't one of them.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)

Jason, a word of advice. Tomorrow morning, grab your gonads in both hands, summon Foley to your office and tell him he has ten minutes to choose between two alternatives, either give an irrevocable commitment to coach next year or clean his office out and fuck off.

There may be coaches in world rugby who are so good they could get away with having an organisation they are contracted to dangling waiting for an answer. If there are, Michael Foley isn't one of them.

FFS he asked to be demoted, they told him he could stay in his existing role for next year and he is looking at other options. This from a guy who couldn't beat the bye.
Just tell him to clear his desk and sign with the Force and don't let the door hit him on the arse on the way out.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
If you are going to give a youngish 10 an opportunity from Sydney Club, Rohan Saifolio would be the obvious choice, he has looked pretty good this season and was Aus U20s last season.
He was awful for the U20s, but that's not something to hold against a player I think. Sadly there's been a few good players who have been poor for the U20s.

Not sure you guys know who you're talking about.. might be Ben Volavola?

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Wow, the CEO hopes the head coach will be around next year? WTF is going on at Tah HQ? Nothing more than a rabble.

NSWRU should revoke Waratahs Rugby Ltd's right to use the Waratahs brand as they have done considerable damage to the Waratahs reputation since taking up the licence in 2010.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)

Yes, but either one of those options will cost the Tahs several hundred thousand dollars. Allen will be praying Foley walks, and soon, so that the board avoids the big payout. We are far down the rabbit hole now, my friends.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Yeah - you'd almost think it wasnt the players who were the problem in the U20s...

Not sure you guys know who you're talking about.. ...snip...
I think the posters are suggesting that there may be issues external to the playing group that are happening to turn good players into bad when they trot out for the U20's. It could be Playing strip sizing, Coaching, Room Allocations, Seating on the bus, diet, or anything ....

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Yes, but either one of those options will cost the Tahs several hundred thousand dollars. Allen will be praying Foley walks, and soon, so that the board avoids the big payout. We are far down the rabbit hole now, my friends.
If Foley was sacked, he can pursue the Tahs for any shortfall in his income.
If he was to find employment on similar or better terms than he is currently on, he has no claim against the Tahs.
Go the force......

Status
Not open for further replies.