• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well, both played for the U20s in 2011 (neither particularly well), and both are with Southern Districts.

Saifoloi is the flyhalf, Volavola the fullback.

yea sorry about that, I see Rohan was in the squad but I can't remember him playing in the u20s

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The whole thing has been funny. News of him continuing getting leaked after a marketing meeting, followed by foley saying it on the rugby club, then foley downgrading his language before the reds game from endorsed to "I think the board" and now the board "hopes". They should make a frontline style program instead of another season of the code.

Is that a touch of cynicism I detect, WJ?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
On the Foley thing, at the moment I ain't bothered whether he stays or goes.

Is he a demonstrated good head coach? Not evidence to confirm that
Is he a good forward coach? Yep
Does he have the potential to be a good head coach? Well maybe
Is he worth another year? Maybe
Could we do better if he took the Forces Job? Probably, couldn't be worse?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Everyone who is interested in coaching the Tahs in 2013 should just post in this thread.

We'll draw up a roster and aim for one session a week so it isn't too onerous on anyone.

Lee Grant can be Director of Coaching as he seems to be there a fair bit.
Waratahjesus can be in charge of motivation.
Inside Shoulder can be in charge of demotivation if Waratahjesus does too good a job and they get a bit cocky.
Fatprop can be in charge of scrums because I'm assuming that's his forte.
Bruce Ross will look after strength, conditioning, fitness, and the history of NSW Rugby theory. If he can teach them how good NSW used to be, maybe they'll play better.
Qwerty51 will be in charge of instilling mongrel in the forward pack

Still thinking up jobs for Richo and myself.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
can I be the old bloke who hands out the kit? I can grow a pretty mean mo if required...

failing that I'll take skills coach. I take an All Stck, No carrot approach to handling drills. Let me charge up the cattle prod...

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Everyone who is interested in coaching the Tahs in 2013 should just post in this thread.

We'll draw up a roster and aim for one session a week so it isn't too onerous on anyone.

Lee Grant can be Director of Coaching as he seems to be there a fair bit.
Waratahjesus can be in charge of motivation.
Inside Shoulder can be in charge of demotivation if Waratahjesus does too good a job and they get a bit cocky.
Fatprop can be in charge of scrums because I'm assuming that's his forte.
Bruce Ross will look after strength, conditioning, fitness, and the history of NSW Rugby theory. If he can teach them how good NSW used to be, maybe they'll play better.
Qwerty51 will be in charge of instilling mongrel in the forward pack

Still thinking up jobs for Richo and myself.
How much do i get paid? i only ask because, you'll be surprised to hear, I already think they are cocky so Im thinking this could be a full time job for me.....
I've got some ideas: remove all carpet from all areas. Leave the weights down at bondi for a couple of weeks so they go rusty. Shoot out half the light globes in the joint so its dark and scary....break a few windows. Jack up some of their cars and steal the wheels - hell steal all their cars. Black and white TV. In stall a mobile phone jammer.
Turn off the water heater.
When do I start?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
How much do i get paid? i only ask because, you'll be surprised to hear, I already think they are cocky so Im thinking this could be a full time job for me...
I've got some ideas: remove all carpet from all areas. Leave the weights down at bondi for a couple of weeks so they go rusty. Shoot out half the light globes in the joint so its dark and scary..break a few windows. Jack up some of their cars and steal the wheels - hell steal all their cars. Black and white TV. In stall a mobile phone jammer.
Turn off the water heater.
When do I start?
Love it IS, plus please add;
- No mirrors
- No hair dryers, hand cream, brushes/combs, moisturisers or gel
- Bring your own food and compulsory sandwiches with crusts
- No pads, body suits or protective equipment at training......although those small sponges that fit in the inside pockets of shorts are OK
- No fancy hydration drinks at halftime....back to Oranges, and make em sour
- No strapping, no on-field medico runner, just use St Johns Ambo guy
- Players aren't paid and pay Rego fees.
- Bus transport for games....big Blue Mercedes ones and players pay their own fares.
-

And here's the big one..........how about training at night, in the dark, under lights when the ball travels through the air differently and it's slippery because of the dew on the ground >>>> Yep, that's right, night time when they bloody well play the vast majority of their games

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)
If you need a financial consultant to cut costs I've got a few left-of-field ideas:
• Sack the paddington hairdresser who occasionally braids Tatafu's fro.
• Sitaleki Timani is only allowed to tape 1 finger per hand, your choice buddy.
• If Tah man needs a horse he can break in brumby jack
• If the sponsors don't change we don't have to redesign the Jersey every year

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Who wants to be the guy on game day who wears a suit and wanders around the field before kick off? Every now and then kicks a ball back to a player or walks over and attempts to correct their passing or kicking technique. None of the players know who he is.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Who wants to be the guy on game day who wears a suit and wanders around the field before kick off? Every now and then kicks a ball back to a player or walks over and attempts to correct their passing or kicking technique. None of the players know who he is.

Matt Burke will keep that role thank you very much.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Gentlemen, you seem well advanced in the planning phase for the Gaggerland Putsch take over of the Tahs, particularly with respect to the on field (player operations) aspects.

Nominations should also be opened for positions on the Board, Media and Administration areas.

With the upgoming redundancies at Fairfax, could Grumbles be the Game Day and Aftermatch Function Quality Control Inspector?

He can't eat them all can he?

It is what it is

John Solomon (38)
Could it be Jason, the CEO?

Status
Not open for further replies.