• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Allen

Trevor Allan (34)
Tom Carter has re-signed with the Tahs for a final year.

Cited opportunity to right the wrongs from this year, opportunity to play for the Tahs against Lions in 2013 and Sydney Uni's 150th year celebrations as reasons he decisded to stay.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Well that explains why TC wants to go around again.
But what is the justification from those oxygen thieves running the Tah's?
They have a huge injury toll all year,they clearly decide he is no longer in their plans and do not even select him in the match day squad on several occasions, then they re sign him for a further year.
Whether TC is worthy or not of an extension is not the point.
They clearly made a decision on his suitability this year, and now they extend his contract.
Are the selectors talking to the recruiters?
Maybe they should call Foley Sybil, he appears to have multiple personalities and many of his opinions are contradictory.
I just wish his predominant opinion this week is that he will fuck off and go to Perth.
They are not stuck with him, but appear to want him.If they are that stupid they deserve him.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)
Tom Carter has re-signed with the Tahs for a final year.

Cited opportunity to right the wrongs from this year, opportunity to play for the Tahs against Lions in 2013 and Sydney Uni's 150th year celebrations as reasons he decisded to stay.

It seems as though it's often the uncited reason that is the main motivation for a player to stay/move on.

Is this the clearest sign yet in this sea of uncertainty that the announcement of the new coach is imminent?

IMO TC is entitled to feel justifiably peeved at his treatment this year as a scapegoat for the Tahs' backline woes. Yet you only had to pause for a moment to see the enthusiasm/spirit he engendered when he scored the Tahs' final try of the season against the Reds to sense that his on field influence was sorely missed; especially given that we wilted on so many occasions.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I sort of wish he'd gone to the Force or Rebels where he could really push for a starting spot, and frankly I think both teams need a player like him more than the Tahs do.

As it is he'll be stuck on the bench for 2013, unless of course our usual injury problems strike.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I sort of wish he'd gone to the Force or Rebels where he could really push for a starting spot, and frankly I think both teams need a player like him more than the Tahs do.

As it is he'll be stuck on the bench for 2013, unless of course our usual injury problems strike.

He's booed big time at Rebels games, doubt the fans would be too stoked if he was to come our way.

Then again, people love that kind of niggley player when he's on their team.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Is that the same security the Force achieved with Richard Graham signing "on the dotted line"?

Completely different scenario, pretty sure Graham was well within his rights to do what he did, his contract expired at the end of 2012 anyway. He was never re-signed to the Force.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Carter was offered a reduced contract ages ago, so the Tahs never wanted to get rid of him, just cut his salary.

Barbarian - foley was signed for 3 years but it seems neither side is talking in absolutes about his position for next year, I wouldn't think his signature means all that much at this point.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm looking forward to someone claiming part way through next season that the Waratahs were stupid to sign Hooper when we could have signed Pocock.

The fact that the two things happened months apart at a stage when there was no talk about Pocock leaving the Force will be a distant memory.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I'm looking forward to someone claiming part way through next season that the Waratahs were stupid to sign Hooper when we could have signed Pocock.

The fact that the two things happened months apart at a stage when there was no talk about Pocock leaving the Force will be a distant memory.

With all the talk that the Tahs swapped Mowen for Elsom, it's safe to say the Brumbies swapped Hooper for Pocock.

Swat

Chilla Wilson (44)

I'm not, I think it's one of the best signings we've done it years. He's young, a good ball runner (better than pocock IMO), lots of potential, good pilferer, great workrate.

Given the waste of money on elsom, vickerman and others I think we've got great value for money.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I think Hooper is a great signing too.

I still don't think he's close to being as good as Pocock yet though.

He's only 20 and is a Sydney boy. He should be our next Phil Waugh. A few more head knocks and he'll be just as pretty.

Vanuatu Chiefs

Sydney Middleton (9)

Barbarian - foley was signed for 3 years but it seems neither side is talking in absolutes about his position for next year, I wouldn't think his signature means all that much at this point.

Thanks, that was my intended point. It appears far from certain that Foley will be coaching the Tahs next year & expediency will dictate the move of one or both parties.

D

daz

Quick aside, what does Growden have against the Tahs? Did they steal his bag of lollies or something?

We all know that Growden and Journo cannot really be used in the same breath, but his columns have become 90% "gossip" and 10% dribble. They used to be 89% gossip, 10% dribble and 1% story.

Status
Not open for further replies.