• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
1/2 time entertainment will always be a bunch of 8-12 year olds going hell for leather in a couple of 1/2 field games. Compulsary for at least one of those teams to be from outside Sydney Metro. Kids also get to meet the Tahs and visit the rooms after the game.

Why don't the kids get the chance to play at half time already? It would be a great experience for them and a step up from the half time entertainment provided this season.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Modern Adaptation: Perhaps we should block off Moore Park Road and have the Army Band march up and down Moore Park Road 15 minutes before kick off to get the punters out of the pubs, and lead them Pied Piper like into the Stadium. "The Tahs Tattoo".
Awesome idea - I volunteer to be a drummer if this ever gets off the ground.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Farr-Jones wants clarity about Foley
BY: BRET HARRIS From: The Australian July 28, 2012 12:00AM

FORMER Wallabies captain and current NSWRU chairman Nick Farr-Jones will seek clarity about the Waratahs coaching position following speculation linking Michael Foley to the Western Force.

Farr-Jones also said that the NSWRU would review the decision to split the union into two separate boards to manage the Waratahs and grassroots rugby.

The Force has reportedly offered Foley a long-term deal to replace Richard Graham, who resigned in April after agreeing to coach Queensland next year.

Foley has indicated his intention to stay in Sydney and is expected to reject the approach, but Farr-Jones was concerned about persistent rumours.

"I'm catching up with Ed Zemancheff (Waratahs Rugby chairman). We've got a NSW board meeting. There will be a few questions we'll ask there to see if we can get clarification," Farr-Jones said.

"Just the uncertainty and the rumours. It doesn't help."

Farr-Jones described the Waratahs' 2012 Super Rugby campaign as "disastrous" after they won only four of 16 games.

"It has really disenfranchised a lot of fans," Farr-Jones said. "That disappoints me.

"We have to look at all aspects of what's been a very tough year.

"We have to work together to make sure we don't have a year like that again. There are a lot of things we have to do better to re-engage with community rugby to get that feel-good factor for the Waratahs."

Farr-Jones said the NSWRU would review the decision to split into professional and amateur boards when the Waratahs' five-year licensing agreement expires in 2014.

"I came on to the (NSW) board after the board split," Farr-Jones said. "Would I have agreed to a split of the board? I don't know. I sometimes question it.

"I understand some of the objectives of splitting the board. Would I like to see a (Waratahs) chief executive who had part of his time spent and accountable to community rugby? Absolutely. But the Waratahs board felt differently."

Asked whether the NSWRU would consider reclaiming the Waratahs licence before the agreement expired, Farr-Jones said: "There's a licensing agreement and there's legal terms in that. Unless something happened that that effectively brought the game into disrepute, there's no legal right to do that.

"We just have to work as well as we can to make sure that until that comes up for review in 2014 that we are doing everything to rebuild the brand, which is NSW rugby."

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
A marching band is a great idea.

I also think the southern end should become a jr rugby club end, invite a few different clubs each week, hang flags for them, let them play half time and play a brief history if each in the big screen. One should always be from the country. Rego for your club should get you a family pass.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
1/2 time entertainment will always be a bunch of 8-12 year olds going hell for leather in a couple of 1/2 field games. Compulsary for at least one of those teams to be from outside Sydney Metro. Kids also get to meet the Tahs and visit the rooms after the game.

saves them having to send out scouts

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
A marching band is a great idea.

I also think the southern end should become a jr rugby club end, invite a few different clubs each week, hang flags for them, let them play half time and play a brief history if each in the big screen. One should always be from the country. Rego for your club should get you a family pass.

I can't just like this as I think the marching band is a dud idea. But the juniors end get two likes from me. get the kids in there

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I'm with Mark, a big no on bands of any description. Free passes to kids playing is brilliant.
Oh and give Working visa's to all the Shorks cheerleaders, that will bring back the fans

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Farr-Jones wants clarity about Foley
BY: BRET HARRIS From: The Australian July 28, 2012 12:00AM

NFJ certainly pulls no punches in this article. Hope he is as forthright when he meets his counterpart at Waratahs Rugby Ltd.

Oh and give Working visa's to all the Shorks cheerleaders, that will bring back the fans

The Bulls Babes would be good as well!

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
I would prefer a Tah-chestra than shitty pop music at each break in play, might ad some color and cheer if done properly.

T

TOCC

I remember the day I started following the Reds over the Broncos. it was the inaugural season of super rugby, I must have been U12 or around there, my club was invited to do a march around of the playing field at Ballymore just before kick-off... Been a fan ever since

Little things like that make a big difference to future fans, I pested my parents to head out to Ballymore as often as possible following that.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The Tahs do the March around once a year, thy have done it at home bush the last two. It's great, why they can't do it every week for four teams and let them have a run at half time instead of catch the ball, I will never know.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
The juniors are the future of our game. Treat them well.

Get them while they are young and you've not only got the kids, but with pester power you've got access to mum and dad's wallet.

Don't just focus on SJRU AND NSW Country JRU, use the 1/2 time games slot to promote the game in non-traditional Rugby schools.

Do not forget the ladies! The girls get a gig at Olympic rugby sevens in 2016 as well. Consider school girl teams at 1/2 time.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Tahs players to attend club rugby games with 50 family tickets each and to hand them out to the kids getting the ball around, and to join in kicking the ball.

Aussie D

Bob Davidson (42)
Would love to see the Waratahs find a way for individual clubs to sell tickets to 'tahs games with $5 from each ticket (and similar proportion for family or member tickets) kept in the clubs. It would go a long way with a lot of clubs with the problems of finding and keeping sponsors in the current environment and may help to promote the games as well.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Casting a very gross filter over this thread, it looks like the Tahs have lost touch with their roots: the clubs and the kids. To many Gaggerlanders this is a blinding statement of the obvious. What are the Tahs going to do about it?

The poor results on the field have exacerbated that disenfranchisment, and the punters have stayed away.

Re-engaging with the diehards and the impressionable (clubs and juniors respectively) is a great way to rebuild that supporter base and fill the stadium.

Then there is the little matter of the Board, overall management, governance and player contracting to resolve.

If only it was that simple?

Status
Not open for further replies.