• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^ and I did nominate Grumbles for Food Quality Control:).

Even Andrew Forrester may struggle to fund that.

Nominations for replacement Board members are also open.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
How come none of you blokes nominated me for the after-match events? There'll be some memorable pissups.

You're hired!

If we lose, the event gets scheduled before the post match press conference. Journalists must drink double to attend the press conference.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
On the Foley thing, at the moment I ain't bothered whether he stays or goes.

Is he a demonstrated good head coach? Not evidence to confirm that
Is he a good forward coach? Yep
Does he have the potential to be a good head coach? Well maybe
Is he worth another year? Maybe
Could we do better if he took the Forces Job? Probably, couldn't be worse?

Agree with you fatprop. We would be losing a good forwards coach for sure, but we're talking about the position of head coach.

My biggest concern isn't if he'll go or not but when he goes. If it's drags on for too long and then he does leave it gives less time to get a replacement in. Those at the top of the list might take other positions in the mean time and we might be left with candidates whose main selling point is they are still available.

Also any new coach needs to be in the hot seat soon before the squad fills up for next season. Allowing a new guy even 4-5 spots in the squad to fill can make a huge difference, especially if one of those spots in the marquee player.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
HSBC have money laundering rumours having over them. Wonder where that occurred?

Were they also involved in helping a province reportedly skirt the salary cap by paying a player's contract to his club in the guise of "ground hire" fees and, subsequently, passing on the payment to the player?

Nominations should also be opened for positions on the Board, Media and Administration areas.

I would be interested in a back office role. One things for sure, there's no way I would pay a five figure sum to a runner up in a TV singing contest to perform for a couple of minutes in front of a disinterested crowd who probably had no idea who he was anyway.

Also any new coach needs to be in the hot seat soon before the squad fills up for next season. Allowing a new guy even 4-5 spots in the squad to fill can make a huge difference, especially if one of those spots in the marquee player.

Are there that many spots left? At the rate it's going, 2013 could be another less than stellar year if a new coach has to come in and both coach and players familiarise themselves to each other.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
right that's settled..see you all tomorrow at Moore Park - say 5:30am. And remember no ones in charge its a free for all!
Let Brock's words be our rallying call:

And when you're through the other side we're like crowbars through the Opera House window. We get in, loot the joint and get out.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Let Brock's words be our rallying call:

And when you're through the other side we're like crowbars through the Opera House window. We get in, loot the joint and get out.
an arguably more apt and lesser known one, that took me years to understand:
" you can't live on credit. You've got to reel back the security blanket and piss the bad ball off to the shit house".
I took this to mean that to play successful rugby you have to do the hard yards first......apt in the context.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
In conjunction with #1 Tah who will do the DJ stuff, can I volunteer to organise the 1/2 time entertainment, any brass bands and the G&GR choir for any anthems/songs.

Won't be too hard as the Army band lives just over the road from SFS, and there aren't many anthems needed.

1/2 time entertainment will always be a bunch of 8-12 year olds going hell for leather in a couple of 1/2 field games. Compulsary for at least one of those teams to be from outside Sydney Metro. Kids also get to meet the Tahs and visit the rooms after the game.

Historical Note: The origins of the Military Tattoo used to be the drummers marching around town to round up the soldiers from the various establishments that they may have been visiting and remind them to get back to barracks before curfew.

Modern Adaptation: Perhaps we should block off Moore Park Road and have the Army Band march up and down Moore Park Road 15 minutes before kick off to get the punters out of the pubs, and lead them Pied Piper like into the Stadium. "The Tahs Tattoo".

Status
Not open for further replies.