• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Wales, 6 July

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
On paper this is the worst wallabies side I have ever seen. Lucky we are playing probably Wales worst side in a long time as well

giphy.gif

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
I imagine that it will be a simple game plan. Grind them down and then open up late in the game through the likes of Wright, Paisami, Cale, McReight and Pietsch. Not sure what Wales are bringing to the table but they looked decent occasionally against SA.

So the same as the Welsh under Gatland

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) named as Randwick??! He played for bloody GPS 2 weeks ago!

Classic Sydney rugby bias.
Seems the players got to nominate what club they are linked with as there is a lot of inconsistency, some went with their origin club, others with their current one. I'm pretty sure Pietsch isn't running around for the Leeton Phantoms.

dru

Tim Horan (67)

I plugged in a 21 : 22 loss into the World ranking calculator. It drops us out of the top 10 to be below Fiji. I think we should probably be aware of the risks as Wallabies fans.

Sure the posts by MS recently have been ... unacceptable (?) but shit hits the fan time is here. Schmidt has said himself that he has never been so unprepared. I'm in boots and all, but there is anxiety.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Which photo? I had a quick look and think the only one of him over the last few weeks he's wearing the oversized 49ers jersey - not sure that's a great reference point
Ha! If he was really unfit, we would be insulting Schmidt. I saw his pic From last Sunday visiting some junior rugby game with Sera Naiqama etc.

LeCheese

Jim Lenehan (48)
Ha! If he was really unfit, we would be insulting Schmidt. I saw his pic From last Sunday visiting some junior rugby game with Sera Naiqama etc.
Still can't find it, but regardless, I'm hoping you're right.

I think it's pretty telling that he's done very little (if any?) media, including featuring on Wallabies' socials, when he's usually one of the faces of the game. Fingers crossed that means he's head down and getting to work.

The Cleaner

Ward Prentice (10)
Still can't find it, but regardless, I'm hoping you're right.

I think it's pretty telling that he's done very little (if any?) media, including featuring on Wallabies' socials, when he's usually one of the faces of the game. Fingers crossed that means he's head down and getting to work.
My mistake mate not Wallabies but facebook from last Sunday . He looks fit to me. I doubt very much Schmidt would pick him to start if he was not match fit. Its his first team as a coach.

1720069457291.jpeg

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I'm excited to see how Flook goes. I think he's been introduced at exactly the right stage of his career. He's had a few solid season of Super Rugby where he's performed consistently in his preferred role (noting he has also played a fair bit of wing) and has been introduced into the Wallabies in that role. Shit basically never happens.

Surprised Tupou is starting but maybe he's just on to scrum for 40 minutes. I hope he plays with a little more discipline than he showed in Super Rugby this year.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I think Tupou would need more than just a few weeks to make any significant difference to his fitness. Been out of Melbourne and in a new environment might help, but they can’t significantly increase his training volume in a short window without risk of injury. Likewise dieting, any drastic shift in diet isn going to have short term impacts on his performance.

Tupous overall fitnes is a carefully managed 3-6 month project, if he sticks with it.