• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Tazzmania

Syd Malcolm (24)
Screenshot 2024-08-13 142541.jpg

and you want him to start against an inform on fire Springbok side as openside flanker.....

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Yeah I expect if Tizanno gets dropped it will be for Reimer. That said, Reimer doesn't really even start for the Brumbies, does he? Bottom of the barrel stuff.

Steve_Grey

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Yeah I expect if Tizanno gets dropped it will be for Reimer. That said, Reimer doesn't really even start for the Brumbies, does he? Bottom of the barrel stuff.
I'll be surprised if Tizanno is dropped - more likely, IMO, is that Wilson is moved to the bench and they change 6 and 8 around.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I have very strong doubts that Uru was brought into the squad to wear the 7 jersey...

And based on Schmidt's words after the game, I'm not expecting a lot of unforced changes:

“I think there’s guys that will improve what they’re delivering, maybe it won’t be improved in time for next Saturday but we do have to have a bit of a long term plan,” Schmidt said.

“We have got a much younger side than the South Africans. We got a lot less caps, a lot less experience, and therefore I believe if we chop and change too much, then it’s very hard to grow the cohesion.

“Because when you go out into a game like that, you are very interdependent, you’re going to have to make sure everyone knows their role, has been built ready to deliver their role.

“I thought Carlo Tizzano did really well today, really well. But it would’ve been nice to have Fraser McReight as well.

“And Luke Reimer coming off the bench. There’s guys that will get better with opportunity, two guys making their Test debut against the likes of Siya Kolisi, Kwagga Smith and Pieter-Steph du Toit.

“I am a realist. I know you don’t suddenly match up, and front up and better those guys. But you’ve got to better yourself for next week.”

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
So you'd rather select a player out of position against the World Champions for his test debut?
I would rather select a team that might make a better fist of the poor forward's performance last week.
strong doubts that Uru
Of course not that is just silly. I am talking about trying to perform better than last week. If you think Tizzano is the best option against an excellent backrow, then we will see if you are right on Saturday night. I don't expect a mea culpa from you if he is as ineffectual in the breakdown as he was last week.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I would rather select a team that might make a better fist of the poor forward's performance last week.

Of course not that is just silly. I am talking about trying to perform better than last week. If you think Tizzano is the best option against an excellent backrow, then we will see if you are right on Saturday night. I don't expect a mea culpa from you if he is as ineffectual in the breakdown as he was last week.
And if Uru struggles, is it Dylan Pietch time at 7? Or maybe Richie Arnold?

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
I think we'll see Tizzano again on the weekend. Joe seemed to think he gave everything and went pretty well. It's not like we've got any other options who are better anyway. The other question, I guess, is whether the back row balance is best with the same three guys. On the face of it I don't see anything particularly wrong with this combo, as Carlo is the closest thing we have to Fraser, who I think combines very well with Bobby V and Harry.

We don't have a Pocock, Smith or Hooper waiting in the wings here.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I think we'll see Tizzano again on the weekend. Joe seemed to think he gave everything and went pretty well. It's not like we've got any other options who are better anyway. The other question, I guess, is whether the back row balance is best with the same three guys. On the face of it I don't see anything particularly wrong with this combo, as Carlo is the closest thing we have to Fraser, who I think combines very well with Bobby V and Harry.

We don't have a Pocock, Smith or Hooper waiting in the wings here.
Joe brought Tizzano and Reimer into the squad at the same time. He played one in the starting side and the other off the bench last week. He has been loud in saying he doesn't know his best team and he will be giving players a chance to show what they have. I won't be at all surprised if this week he starts Reimer and brings Tizzano off the bench.

If he goes another way and wants a bigger body at 7, my tip would be Hooper over Uru. Hooper, at least, has experience at 7 in test matches. Actually more than either Reimer or Tizzano, but wouldn't bring the likelihood of pilfering to the game. Then again, one pilfer in 80 minutes across the other two is hardly something to write home about.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Nobody made the 7 spot theirs for the Brumbies this year. Reimer, Scott and Brown all had time in the position. Reimer actually cemented a spot as the finisher at 7 because of his pilfering ability and in that way secured a number of tight wins for the team. I think, even in that role, he either topped or was near the top of the scale for pilfers won over the season. I wouldn't describe that as bottom of the barrel in any way.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
I assume Tizzano will stay and Uru will replace Reimer on the bench. If we are going to hold on to the ball a bit more in this game i think a guy like Uru offers more off the bench than reimer. Plus if the first game is anything to go by the only real positive for us was that the boks did actually slow down in the final 20 minutes and we were able to get some attacking ball. Not sure reimer offers us much in that situation