• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
Watching the game live it was very hard to watch the aimless kicking, you could see it unfolding like a train wreck from up high as we just kicked the ball straight into the laps of their wingers and FB.

Not to mention that we give away any penalty in our half and you know it will inevitably lead to a maul try. We had our own chances to get some mauls going but firstly don't kick the ball out far enough (15 metres out instead of 5) or lose the lineout. So frustrating.

Why is Swain not getting picked? Hopefully a front row in next game of Bell, BPA, Tupou.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I’ve said it literally at least seven times now, but Nic White should never play for the Wallabies again. I honestly don’t understand. His box kicking and propensity to kick the ball away at all times is just criminal.

There was a period in the first half where he box kicked (obviously it wasn’t contestable) and it was caught on the full by the Boks winger who then kicked long. White was in the back field it, and instead of looking to pass and counter on a rare opportunity with open space, kicked across field which amazingly enough was caught on the full (again).

Anything he does can be provided by Lonergan or Gordon. The guy might be skilled but his failure to ever execute meant his card should have been marked three years ago at least.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
The fact that it is already being so actively discussed in some circles when Schmidt has only coached 5 games does make it tinfoil territory, in my opinion.
This is a massive job trying to develop a pretty inept playing group, i wouldn't be shocked if Joe is questioning why he signed on

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Nic had a shocker and I think he has reached the point where he doesn't offer a lot to the test side, but any commentary on his box kicking must also acknowledge the failure of our chasers to even contest for the ball 9 times out of 10. It is so common that it looks to be under instruction to try to counter ruck to win the ball after the receiver is tackled. If it is a tactic, it should be discarded as it very rarely results in a turnover.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
I agree, but the only reason he's there is Gordon's injury along with no other 9 looking up to it. McDermott has had so many years and just simply hasn't improved at any facet of his game so isn't really capable of being a starting test 9 right now, and Lonergan had the inside track to the jersey at the start of the year and proceeded to have his worst season ever.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I said in another thread that Rob Simmons had the record for biggest difference between what fans think of him and what his coaches think of him, but Nic White must be getting pretty close

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Its also wild how freely you can treat Nic White like shit as a player and no one cares. Every test he gets pushed around and refs don't do shit but tell him off.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
Nic White is obviously unbelievably skilled and I imagine his box kicking is impeccable at training.

But overall anything good he does in a game (and he’s good for one 50/22 a game) is outweighed by poor decisions and execution. We have other options whi at worst are equally bad without being insufferable- let’s pick them.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I thought insufferablness was the halfback's key criteria? And as TT said above, we really didn't have a better option last week

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
He is not good enough to be as insufferable as he is; you know you’ve gone too far when your own fans have turned against you. But we do? Ryan Lonergan could have been in the squad from day one and we lose absolutely nothing.

eastman

Colin Windon (37)
I did but I’ve also watched enough of him over the last three to four years to judge him on one poor season.

Honestly I think Schmidt has picked on form, but it’s also clear that he hasn’t watched Australian rugby closely over the last few seasons.

It’s the reason we have ended up with Noah L, Paisami, and Tizzano who have looked good this year. But those who have been watching for years know they aren’t good enough. On the converse, players who have had poor seasons but are quality (Holloway and Gamble) have been overlooked.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
This is a massive job trying to develop a pretty inept playing group, i wouldn't be shocked if Joe is questioning why he signed on
If be pretty amazed if he didn’t have a good idea of what the lay of the land was. Australian rugbys problems aren’t any secret.