• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
If be pretty amazed if he didn’t have a good idea of what the lay of the land was. Australian rugbys problems aren’t any secret.
Yeah but this is dire. Schmidt hasn’t coached players this poor for decades, I doubt even he imagined it would be this bad

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
OK can someone plesee tell me how many games has Tom Robertson played this year? I can't find a 2024 stat on him or I might be mistaken.

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
I thought so. Schmidt selects a player who has not played any rugby this year and expects existing players to respect his decisions. This is totally faaaarked. I have lost all respect for him now. Not that it matters to Schmidt but that is a fucked selection decision. So what the hell is his selection criteria?

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
We have Carlo Tizzanno as our starting 7; it’s unbelievably dire.
I don't want to seem provincial but Tizzano was the only Wallabies player to make Paul Cully's team of the week. But, please keep banging on about how dire it is to have him in the team:

1724123645418.png

Mr Pilfer

Dave Cowper (27)
We should have brought Tawera Kerr Barlow into the fold when we had the chance last year. Same age as Nic White and much better

Tom Robertson has technically played 2 matches I believe, he played the varsity game and then a game for kalamunda last week. Anyway I think he is a good pick, plays both sides of the scrum and solid around the field

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dipped the toe into some twitter conversation re the test, and by jingo there's some conspiracy nuts out there. Apparently Lood De Jager et co aren't brave enough to out and out say it but they thought Aus were cheating with our props being off for HIA. Quite a few still up in arms re Nic White tackling the SA winger in the air. More reckon if Marx's try disallowed for obstruction it would be a penalty try and yellow card to Billy Pollard for tripping Marx.

That'll do me.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Odd that there's never any discussions by these cookers on the frequency of the Boks "medics" on the field. Any time they ran onto the field without there being a stoppage the Wallabies should have received a penalty.

You watch, we will have a Foley incident where no ref will penalise them and then when one does (probably against the Kiwis) there will be permanent brown outs with the outrage on the internet forcing their ISPs to ramp up network capacity.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Two of those three are ridiculous, but I was also amazed White didn’t get in strife for that tackle. It was pretty dangerous.

I think it was because the whistle went right as it happened and Am jumped into the tackle. White can't disappear. He didn't make an attempt to tackle after Am jumped and just stood there to minimize whatever happened next.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
In the URC or NH he would not got away from a red card for that. Am also did not make a "I could have died" act after it. Pretty sure White would have done that if he was on the receiving end.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
In real time viewing I thought it was purely accidental. I didn’t expect any action because Am jumped. But on replay it did look to me like White deliberately tried to take his legs. In the end I was surprised it didn’t end up a card.