• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
The weather played a role and we spilled 3 easy chances in the first half. Nevertheless beating the Wallabies with maximum points it's mission accomplished.

Who select untrained players on test level?

drewprint

Alan Cameron (40)
You’re misunderstood what molman was saying. He is saying that in this scenario of front rowers being injured/HIA, you can’t put in another player untrained in front row play, ie a flanker, for risk of injury.

Last edited:

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
What's with our response to the split in the maul? In one of tha maul tries, the maul split about 8 - 10 metres out and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Wilson and Tizzano just stayed bound to the wrong part and pushed them back another 5 - 10 metres. Must have felt real good to them but it meant we were absolutely short handed trying to defend the tryline.

capalaba

Larry Dwyer (12)
Both teams are in rebuild mode, they are several stages ahead of us, it’s nothing to do with A and B teams or the like.
Well when they see Ted the Wallabies Squad to play Georgia will the 10 changes a number of posters here was calling it a Wallabies B Team.

Now that our A Squad got thrashed by the Boks there is no A and B. Smells of hypocrisy mate. Call it for what it is. There B team shat all over our A side. Facts.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The weather played a role and we spilled 3 easy chances in the first half. Nevertheless beating the Wallabies with maximum points it's mission accomplished.

Who select untrained players on test level?
He means players untrained to play in the front row - which would be the only alternative with the number of HIAs we had in the game. Its quite obviously not something that would ever happen.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
We think the Wallabies have rolling maul defensive issues.

A bit off subject, but Wests Lions have qualified for the JID Cup preliminary final with a 41 - 34 victory over the Gungahlin Eagles. Wests scored 6 rolling maul tries, five to hooker Pisu.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
im starting to wonder if the reason we are playing so tight and one out is that joe has seized us up and realised our fundamentals are really that shit?

playing one out from the ruck for 5 successive games isn't playing tight. maybe its a lack of trust in our ability to play the ball?

or maybe joe is about to pull a massive coup out and we suddenly start soft handing passes between the pigs for the argies game?

or maybe its as crazy as a fox and it might just work ...

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Here are my final comments on the matter.

Firstly, find any reference to me calling the side that ran out against Georgia our B side. Not saying others didn’t, but you aren't talking to those others. There was some rotation from within our 32 man squad, that’s pretty commonplace for all international teams, especially at this stage of the cycle.

On Saturday we ran out a starting XV missing half a dozen of our first choice players, against their XV which had a number of their emerging players, and 6 from last year's World Cup side. In that contest we were competitive and would have gone to the break in front if not for the sitter missed right on the bell. When they rolled out 8 of their big guns in the second half the contest became uneven and we got walloped.

That's about where we are at, I’m under no illusions there, but we are building from a low base. Still, there was no A team v B team match on the weekend.

Wilson

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
im starting to wonder if the reason we are playing so tight and one out is that joe has seized us up and realised our fundamentals are really that shit?
I think it's all about simplifying our game and pairing it right back to basics while they rebuild a strong foundation. Right now that means tighter and less adventurous while we try and get our ruck work up to speed.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
What's with our response to the split in the maul? In one of tha maul tries, the maul split about 8 - 10 metres out and LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto), Wilson and Tizzano just stayed bound to the wrong part and pushed them back another 5 - 10 metres. Must have felt real good to them but it meant we were absolutely short handed trying to defend the tryline.
BR, I don't think we see a lot of it and not sure if it was a plan by SA but there was no awareness of the dynamics going on by us.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I think it's all about simplifying our game and pairing it right back to basics while they rebuild a strong foundation. Right now that means tighter and less adventurous while we try and get our ruck work up to speed.
I'd prefer a few training days on passing and kicking.