• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Bell passed his but was tactically replaced and then they didn't want to put him back on after he'd cooled down due to risks to his toe.
I am all for trying to keep Bell available long term, but if it was not an injury and essentially load management then I can see why the Bokkies are getting upset.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Stewart is a glue man you play to sit in-between two impact players. I don't seem the harm in picking him but I don't think he'll fix our issues. If we want size in the centres the only semi-realistic options available are either Kerevi or Petaia.
Agree, but in the absence of Kerevi or Petaia then he might give the backs some space and he can tackle and kick consistently well.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
To be fair - it's not like SA created loads through the midfield.
No, maybe not but they turned us around quickly when we made errors and if not for some heroic defence by Wright and a couple of others the scoreboard could have been a lot worse. I’ll have to watch it again but both their centres are recognised world class players.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I am all for trying to keep Bell available long term, but if it was not an injury and essentially load management then I can see why the Bokkies are getting upset.
LB, not so you can replace a player anytime you like. The problem was the uncontested scrums but that is another issue and they have an argument. How would you feel if Bell went on and we lost him for another year?

HogansHeros

Jim Clark (26)
I understand why they are getting upset, but they are certainly not against pushing the laws and regulations in rugby, Rassie would take his hat off to Schmitty for that kind of tactics.

PhilClinton

Tony Shaw (54)
If JOC (James O'Connor) steers Brothers to a premiership in a few weeks does he get picked for the end of year tour?

He looked quite good at 10 yesterday and played well against Wales a few weeks ago also.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Rassie knows how to exploit every loophole in the rule book, if it was a deliberate ploy and robbed them of a victory in the dying minutes where they couldn’t eek out a penalty try because their scrum had been eating ours all night then fair enough. But it wasn’t like that at all, it was an unfortunate set of events in a situation where the scrums had been at parity up until then and in the broader context it made two tenths of fuck all difference to the outcome and I can fully understand why the decision was made not to risk the rehabilitation of one of our only genuine world class prospects in his first game back when the laws fully allowed for it.

Back on Rassie, I hope the pointing out of the back office staff coming onto the field to give the big boppas a breather was a directive from world rugby and there is plenty more of it.

LevitatingSocks

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Been saying Sua'ali'i is the answer though he needs to learn how to defend at 12 first. He should be fast tracked into that position at the Tahs...
His body height into contact is atrocious though, which is aggravated by the fact that he's 6'5". It's not as big of a deal in league but he would get abused at 12 unless he irons out that tendency.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
i would say this is tactical. How many tackles did tizano make ?
Tizzano is a good kid and I like him but he's not close to being a Tier 1 test player. In other Era of Aussie Rugby, just 10 years ago, not even the golden years, he wouldn't have being picked in a 50 man squad

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Maul defence is not rocket science. You have a weak forwards pack so is easy to put pressure over them. You need people like Skelton or Rory Arnold.

Last edited by a moderator:

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
I thought they had done some work on it Strewth but ain't gonna change overnight. The split by SA and reform to drive over is pretty hard to get right in our D, once from the lineout and once during the maul (2nd 40?)

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
He has size, speed, hands, defence… compared to Paisami, he’s winning that comparison. He’s the same size as Jordie Barrett and coming from 7s has a good pass. Tactics can be taught
I’d like to see him play there a bit first