• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
I think Nasser has looked really good. Plays a lot bigger than his size.
He threw a shit lineout last week; otherwise has been solid.. Still once BPA is fit and firing would love to see him back.

I look forward to a certain forumer imploding over Nasser selection though

• Haha
Reactions: TSR

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Bell and marika are massive inclusions
Bell starting ends the debate of the best LHP now with Kailea not in the 23
Let’s just hope he can stay on the field
Once tupou is back and Skelton in the row out pack might at least hold their own in a scrum
i'm not convinced about your take on kailea. hes a recent debutant doing the hard yards, whose over-performed in terms of expectations. my take is his due a rest given the upcoming tests.

but bell deserves to get a crack as he is the incumbent, and i hope he can put in a good 40 - 50 mins shift without getting injured as we're a better pack with him in there for set piece and bending the line.

my secret desire is for bell to make a break on the 50m line, chip over the defenders to collect and score under the posts against the boks to win the game. and then bell converts his own pie.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
i'm not convinced about your take on kailea. hes a recent debutant doing the hard yards, whose over-performed in terms of expectations. my take is his due a rest given the upcoming tests.

but bell deserves to get a crack as he is the incumbent, and i hope he can put in a good 40 - 50 mins shift without getting injured as we're a better pack with him in there for set piece and bending the line.

my secret desire is for bell to make a break on the 50m line, chip over the defenders to collect and score under the posts against the boks to win the game. and then bell converts his own pie.
Kailea has definitely got potential, just needs more experience. If im not wrong it was a rookie slipper that was part of the front row that was decimated by england at home all those many years ago. Look at the test career he's had. The boks starting props last week were aged 33 / 32 / 29...kailea is still underdone, just needs to cook

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Lots of articles used to always say Angus Blyth looked to model himself on Bakkies Botha.

This would be a great weekend to really bring some of those attributes to the table.

Hopefully the tough, uncompromising and physically dominant ones - not the brain dead grubby ones that get players carded.

Desmond

Peter Burge (5)
I pray for Gus Bell to stay injury free as long as possible. He's one of the few top class players in this squad. You need someone like him. I hope he's 100% fit
I just hope he dose not give away to many scrum penalties as the saffas will pack it down every chance they get!! We should be growing players who can scrum not running forwards. Did not help us in the world cup. I am sick of our packs going backwards.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
Wallabies need to show some true grit and.step up after last week's abysmal performance. Yes the Boks are world champs and they are happy to let you know it but stop with the being disrespected performances. You know it's going to be physical so come with the same intensity. I fear Saturday is going to be a wipeout particularly with the dismal weather predicted. Optus may be even more green than Brisbane last week with Boks supporters posting about taking over Perthfontein.

National pride is at stake, but are the Wallabies the team to defend it. Doesn't seem so in the current iteration.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Wallabies need to show some true grit and.step up after last week's abysmal performance.

Was it or is this just kind of where we are at?

While I agree we could have been better I also think we could have played much worse.

Did we play worse against South Africa last week than against Georgia a couple of weeks before? Were we much better in either test against Wales?

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)

While I agree we could have been better I also think we could have played much worse.

Did we play worse against South Africa last week than against Georgia a couple of weeks before? Were we much better in either test against Wales?
It's weird how long its taking for people to adjust their expectations to our actual ability.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)

4 Tests in you'd like to see some more consistency. Yes the current crop of players are just OK and that's where they need to be bold with some selections.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Looking at the size of the teams. The wallabies are actually bigger in a few positions and on parity in most. Perception when watching is always boys against men but going off the weight stats this isn't the case.

Any decent reasons for tool not playing ? Why Jorgensen over tool ? What

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Think about it this way. What's more impressive. A Springboks "b" team wins against 9th in the world. Or 9th in the world beats the Boks?

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I just hope he dose not give away to many scrum penalties as the saffas will pack it down every chance they get!! We should be growing players who can scrum not running forwards. Did not help us in the world cup. I am sick of our packs going backwards.
The perfect front row would be someone who wins all the scrums and gain as many metres as possible in the open. In the last saturdays disaster we didn't see either thing. So a good start could be have a prop who gain some meters after contact. You can't go from 0 to 100 in just one game