• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
I honestly think we have 8 locks playing overseas who are better than Blyth.
Schmidt has covered why the Big Willys of the World have not been picked; poor timing from France.

The situation has been compounded as we have two of them knock themselves out within 10 minutes of each other in one game. Given the 6 day turn around, there was bugger all time to integrate someone from overseas.

The games against Argentina and NZ may be different.

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
Before this year I would have said he was the next Reds lock in line for a Wallaby cap - its just weird that this year is the year he made it. But I don't think there is doubt about his ability.
Likewise, going back 18months I think I said as much, he was trending that way and then injuries hit. This year he was injured for a large chunk and only played a handful. They weren’t his best games either.

I’m thinking he might be a Rob Simmons-esque player. Big frame, does his role at the set piece well but a bit average around the field.

Last edited:
Reactions: dru

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Likewise, going back 18months I think I said as much, he was trending that way and then injuries his. This year he was injured for a large chunk and only played a handful. They weren’t his best games either.

I’m thinking he might be a Rob Simmons-esque player. Big frame, does his role at the set piece well but a bit average around the field.
Fuck I'd take Simmo right now.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Kellaway can play 80 in any of the back 3 positions. Tom wright has looked great at super but half of that was because of tool fishing everything off. No substitute for pace like that. Need him in the team. Jorgo is young and hasn't shown anything near enough for test rugby. Needs a couple years
I'd like to watch Toole at this level. I think the gap between Koroibete and Toole is lees than the gap between a fit Kerevi and a fit Paisami. I mean, Toole could be a worthy replacement for Koro

Desmond

Peter Burge (5)
DM them and ask.

IMO he's just tall. Doesn't really offer anything.

Hope Pollard can give a good showing. He still has the highest ceiling of all the Hookers used this year. Got that bit of freak athlete in him. Jorgo is a cool story but also a concern. He's played bugger all footy after being injured for Randwick. Still only 19 and learning his game at this level.
Jorgo is costing the ARU aprox $500K a year they need him to pay for something hence the marketing

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
Actually, on the back of this years Super Rugby season I would have thought that Toole would get a run before Jorgensen. Just because they have invested in Jorgo does not mean he is ready before someone else. Look at what happened with Vunivalu.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Actually, on the back of this years Super Rugby season I would have thought that Toole would get a run before Jorgensen. Just because they have invested in Jorgo does not mean he is ready before someone else. Look at what happened with Vunivalu.
The Olympic Games conspired against that too

Tomikin

David Codey (61)

Last chance saloon today. I’d be applying this logic to backing Donno for at least 6 Tests in succession. Noah has had plenty of time to claim the position.
Donno wasn't great in his one start, not that Noah's set the world on fire but he wasn't as bad as Donno.

Although just on a pure athletic stand point, if Donno can get his play together his a better shout then Noah and Lynagh..

Hopefully one of them kicks on and starts running the game... Although hiding for nothing if our pack don't show up.

molman

Jim Lenehan (48)

Last chance saloon today. I’d be applying this logic to backing Donno for at least 6 Tests in succession. Noah has had plenty of time to claim the position.
I don't think that'll be the thinking. I suspect we're going to see the three potential 10's continue to rotate this year as they give them all more minutes. Truthfully I don't think any of them have played enough Rugby and definitely not at this level. They all need more time and we need three genuine options next year and there would be an eye towards the Worldcup.

I don't see Foley and Quade making a reappearance and beyond these three who do we have that you'd seriously consider? Gordon has put himself out of the frame. Edmed hasn't pushed his case enough. O'Connor could be a possibility but his run of injuries has hampered him staking a claim.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member

"Enigmatic" makes him sound more mysterious than he is.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
"Enigmatic" makes him sound more mysterious than he is.
I had a racehorse once described as such, the reason being he would put in a couple of bad performances and then deliver when it mattered most. I’m not sure the reasoning is the same here but will be delighted in a few hours if it turns out to be.