• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Where's the next great fast Wallaby winger?
And you can add

Where's the next great hooker who can throw straight, scrum and play in the open?

Where's the next great blindside flanker who can finally replace Scott Fardy?

Where's the next #10 who can kick to the posts, kick to the touch, defence their chanel and be a playmaker?

Where's the next inside centre who can destroy defences, pass and kick the ball and defence their chanel as a tiger?

And many other positions

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Wasn’t he a TH previously? Apparently very strong in the scrum. Makes sense. He looked decent last week when he came on.
Played Australian u20s at THP and I think he may have debutted for the Reds there too but my recollection is they converted him to hooker pretty early in his days as a rugby pro

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
And you can add

Where's the next great hooker who can throw straight, scrum and play in the open?

Where's the next great blindside flanker who can finally replace Scott Fardy?

Where's the next #10 who can kick to the posts, kick to the touch, defence their chanel and be a playmaker?

Where's the next inside centre who can destroy defences, pass and kick the ball and defence their chanel as a tiger?

And many other positions
Playing League most likely.

Desmond

Peter Burge (5)
Looking at the size of the teams. The wallabies are actually bigger in a few positions and on parity in most. Perception when watching is always boys against men but going off the weight stats this isn't the case.

Any decent reasons for tool not playing ? Why Jorgensen over tool ? What
I presume Jorgo is training better!!!

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
Playing League most likely.
dEb5ttf.jpg

dillyboy

Arch Winning (36)
Koroibete good, just as likely to give away a yellow card. Where's the next great fast Wallaby winger?
He's given away 3 yellow & 1 red card for Australia in 60 appearances so I wouldn't exactly call that "just as likely"...

(The red was a bullshit call too!)

He's also scored 100 points in those 60 appearances.

Who are you selecting over him?

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
He's given away 3 yellow & 1 red card for Australia in 60 appearances so I wouldn't exactly call that "just as likely"...

Wasnt the red overturned on review?

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)

That's the point isn't it. Who is the next great Wallaby winger?? Is there a strong athletic flyer tucked away on a super roster or playing a tier below that could be a bolter. Plenty of our players are missing the cocky combative attitude, you need some arrogance to want to be the world's best. Plenty of our guys are happy with getting the pay cheque.

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Koroibete is back and Jorggo can cover 15 and wings
Kellaway can play 80 in any of the back 3 positions. Tom wright has looked great at super but half of that was because of tool fishing everything off. No substitute for pace like that. Need him in the team. Jorgo is young and hasn't shown anything near enough for test rugby. Needs a couple years

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
How strong is Angus Blyth if you compare him to other international locks?
DM them and ask.

IMO he's just tall. Doesn't really offer anything.

Hope Pollard can give a good showing. He still has the highest ceiling of all the Hookers used this year. Got that bit of freak athlete in him. Jorgo is a cool story but also a concern. He's played bugger all footy after being injured for Randwick. Still only 19 and learning his game at this level.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
DM them and ask.

IMO he's just tall. Doesn't really offer anything.

Hope Pollard can give a good showing. He still has the highest ceiling of all the Hookers used this year. Got that bit of freak athlete in him. Jorgo is a cool story but also a concern. He's played bugger all footy after being injured for Randwick. Still only 19 and learning his game at this level.
I don't get Blyth's inclusion at all. Shows our complete dearth of locks in Aus. Please exclude them from the Giteau law, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot. I honestly think we have 8 locks playing overseas who are better than Blyth.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I don't get Blyth's inclusion at all. Shows our complete dearth of locks in Aus. Please exclude them from the Giteau law, we're just shooting ourselves in the foot. I honestly think we have 8 locks playing overseas who are better than Blyth.
Just about all 8 of those locks are eligible under Giteau Law (except for Hockings).

Schmidt has just decided not to select them

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
I do completely understand why people are non-plused by Blyth’s selection.

But I will say I can also see his appeal to Schmidt. At his best, whilst he’s a grafter, he’s quite effective. He’s a big body, accurate defender, seems to be a powerful scrummager (the Qld scrum is generally better when he is on the field) and does his work at the breakdown.

Again - understand the surprise and objections but hopefully Schmidt gets what he wants out of him.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I do completely understand why people are non-plused by Blyth’s selection.

But I will say I can also see his appeal to Schmidt. At his best, whilst he’s a grafter, he’s quite effective. He’s a big body, accurate defender, seems to be a powerful scrummager (the Qld scrum is generally better when he is on the field) and does his work at the breakdown.

Again - understand the surprise and objections but hopefully Schmidt gets what he wants out of him.
Before this year I would have said he was the next Reds lock in line for a Wallaby cap - its just weird that this year is the year he made it. But I don't think there is doubt about his ability.