• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Joe is slowly introducing Lynagh to the international game.
An opposing loose forward or a fast up in your face inside-centre in D have got their sights set on a novice 10 at this level.
Breaks that present themselves at super level are much harder to find, and a resultant crash tackle from either of the afore mentioned can be problematic to the 10's confidence.
Hence for Joe its catch your monkey slowly for Lynagh's progress.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Hence for Joe its catch your monkey slowly for Lynagh's progress.
Yeah - I think we need to be realistic where he's at. The performance was a long long way from a starter (not saying he can't do it, just that he didn't on Saturday)

He spent most of his time on the field at full back in defense, and in attack spent almost all the time standing behind the ruck, or a pod, with no intention of touching the ball.

For some reason the team chose the left foot of Ikitau to kick to the left touch from inside the try line, even though Lynagh was standing right there and ready. Lynagh made no kicks at all in general play.

In twenty minutes, and while we had our best field position, he received and made one pass and zero runs in South Africa's half, and this is while the Bok's had 13 men.

Bigboppa2

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah - I think we need to be realistic where he's at. The performance was a long long way from a starter (not saying he can't do it, just that he didn't on Saturday)

He spent most of his time on the field at full back in defense, and in attack spent almost all the time standing behind the ruck, or a pod, with no intention of touching the ball.

For some reason the team chose the left foot of Ikitau to kick to the left touch from inside the try line, even though Lynagh was standing right there and ready. Lynagh made no kicks at all in general play.

In twenty minutes, and while we had our best field position, he received and made one pass and zero runs in South Africa's half, and this is while the Bok's had 13 men.
Yeah, I agree with you here. At club level Lynagh has been playing some good footy but he's definitely out of his depth starting for the Wallabies, as he doesn't want to overcall any of the senior players which is understandable, but he has to start controlling the game. Though with time a good (not great) starting 10 could be made out of him. Just needs to find ways to inject himself into the game.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Wallabies team to play South Africa at Optus Stadium in Perth on Saturday 17 August at 5:45pm AWST

1. Angus Bell (28 Tests) – Hunters Hill Rugby

2. Josh Nasser (3 Tests) - Easts Tigers

3. Allan Ala'alatoa (c) (71 Tests) – West Harbour Juniors

4. Angus Blyth (3 Tests) – Casuarina Beach Rugby Club

5. Lukhan Salakaia-Loto (33 Tests) – Randwick

6. Rob Valetini (43 Tests) – Harlequin Junior Rugby Club

7. Carlo Tizzano (1 Test) - University of Western Australia

8. Harry Wilson (14 Tests) – Gunnedah Red Devils

9. Nic White (68 Tests) – Maitland Blacks

10. Noah Lolesio (20 Tests) – Tuggeranong Vikings

11. Marika Koroibete (59 Tests) – Nasinu Secondary College, Fiji

12. Hunter Paisami (28 Tests) - Harlequin Junior Rugby Club

13. Len Ikitau (30 Tests) – Tuggeranong Vikings

14. Andrew Kellaway (30 Tests) – Hunters Hill Rugby

15. Tom Wright (29 Tests) – Clovelly Eagles

Substitutes

16. Billy Pollard (3 Tests) – Lindfield Junior Rugby Club

17. James Slipper (137 Tests) – Bond Pirates

18. Zane Nonggorr (7 Tests) – Gold Coast Eagles

19. Tom Hooper (9 Tests) – Bathurst Bulldogs

20. Seru Uru* - Wests Bulldogs

21. Tate McDermott (32 Tests) – Flinders Rugby Club

22. Ben Donaldson (9 Tests) – Clovelly Eagles

23. Max Jorgensen* - Balmain Wolves

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Donaldson makes sense when the other two back finishers are Tate and Jorgo imo; Pollard a bit of a surprise.

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
Ah apologies - if the alternative was Lynagh as reported, Donaldson gives a touch more versatility should someone go down imo.
I must say I was a little surprised. I thought Joe would keep giving Lynagh 20 mins a match.
Perhaps Noah isn’t really in front by much and Donaldson will get 40 mins

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
I must say I was a little surprised. I thought Joe would keep giving Lynagh 20 mins a match.
I doubt he'll get a full 40. Might also just be a bit of rotation due to Schmidt trying to land on his team. Or trying to bump up ticket sales amongst Force fans.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
I kinda like what Joe is doing here - he is building a core but keeping us guessing and/or creating depth in a few key positions. On the current hookers there probably isn't a standout so build with those who are available and bring Porecki and BPA back into the fold when they are fit. #10 must be a massive delimma from a coaches' perspective - he needs to do a Rassie, think outside the box and devise a game plan around someone else. He's not stupid so he probably is doing that.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
I'm guessing Schmidt recognises that Lynagh can't start at the moment, so its a matter of balancing the minutes for the guys who will be starting this year, with a longer term play for Lynagh.

Donaldson likely starting 10 for one of the Argentina games, and then who knows fo the Bleds

Yoda

Jim Clark (26)
I'm guessing Schmidt recognises that Lynagh can't start at the moment, so its a matter of balancing the minutes for the guys who will be starting this year, with a longer term play for Lynagh.

Donaldson likely starting 10 for one of the Argentina games, and then who knows fo the Bleds.
If Noah doesn’t have a good game then I would definitely suspect Donaldson to start both Tests in Argentina. This will be Noah’s 4th Test and Donaldson just 1. It concerns me that young Lynagh has hamstring issues so early in his career. Not great on stretching out and confidence if it keeps continuing.