• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024 Perth

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 17th August 2024

• Boks by 70+

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Boks by 50+

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • Boks by 30+

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Boks by 200-odd

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • sorry, that was a typo, I meant 20-odd

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Joe Schmidt will know what to do

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I hate rugby now

Votes: 4 9.5%
  • Straya to win you f******!

Votes: 3 7.1%
  • did this thread really need a pole?

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • your mum needs a pole you rude ********* ********

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

Adam84

Phil Kearns (64)
BPA returning from injury.. he is scheduled to tour South Africa with the Force which will be his first home in months..

Uelese is the only other player not injured or already in the squad who might offer more, but even then it’s questionable, he had plenty of opportunity at test level and never took it. That and he chose to head overseas.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Do we have way more serious/long term injuries to players than other countries or do we just feel it due to lack of depth? I swear every season is an injury crisis.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Do we have way more serious/long term injuries to players than other countries or do we just feel it due to lack of depth? I swear every season is an injury crisis.
I wouldn't say this is an injury crisis now is it?

McReight, two concussed locks for a week. Wright is out but he wasn't really a permanent fixture. Daugunu. Leota will be back soon. Who else?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Yet, after hitting top speed last month, Schmidt decided to can his initial thoughts of easing the youngster back via club rugby and brought him straight back into his Wallabies plans.

“We’ve had a long-term plan with Max and Max is really well across it,” Schmidt said in late June.

“I had a few discussions with Stephen Hoiles at Randwick and probably the original plan was to bring him back through club rugby with Randwick, but Max is going really well. He was the quickest guy we had a training today across the ground. He’s definitely fully fit.

“I think if someone’s fully fit, whether he maybe plays or trains for club, I think he’ll get more volume of training with the Wallabies in a full-time program.

“On top of that, every team has their own lexicon, their own language and their own expectation, and I think it’s just easier to meld them more quickly into the Wallabies set up with him being present.”

On Saturday, he’s likely to become the youngest Wallaby since Bell made his debut in 2020.

So quicker than Toole?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
He also has the luxury of really good depth.

I also think it's part of managing so many foreign based players. He can't just select a squad of 34 and keep them together for the whole Rugby Championship.
Its much easier for Rassie because not only the Springboks are playing for SA franchises but some of them are playing for the opposition like RG Snyman (Leinster) and in the English GPS like Thomas Tank (Bath). He also use his NH coach (Felix Jones in the past, now Flannery) to keep in touch with the NH players. He do a lot of camps on weekends from the start of the year with a big squad to make sure the younger players get into the Springbok traditions and his coaching strategies.

The longer Australia and NZ wait to use their best players available, the longer Rassie will have the benefit for using them.

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
The Bok's loosehead this week, Wessels, is literally the Bull's reserve hooker. This is the second time he has started at prop in his entire pro rugby career (previous time was against Portugal).

The scrums are going to be a fair bit different this week

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
My tip is that White will be a starter to help the young team.
McDermott had a bit of a shocker when he came on the field last week. His pass.was all over the place, and he made several very poor tactical decisions when we had 15 v 13, as well as.that foot in touch debacle.

White in to start by default