• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
For next week the changes i'd make would be

?? the front row - no idea but something needs to change, hopefully Bell is fit, Tupou will be out no doubt
LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) out for Blyth or maybe even Hooper in the 2nd row
A bigger body at 6 with Valetini and 8

Backline i'd leave the same with perhaps Filipo dropping to the bench for Koriebete

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
How annoying was it that a large part of the game was broadcast from a long distance. Impossible to pick out and identify individuals involved in the play at times.

Where's the beef

Chris McKivat (8)
I see we're starting to get predictable calls for wholesale changes already. Bell and TT back in the front row will help, but ultimately the coaching team have to keep working with these blokes and improve their technique and formations out on the park.

This has been a reality check of the most severe kind and was going to happen at some point. We should not be throwing away everything we've been trying to build with knee jerk selections.

A bit of bloody calm please. IMHO we are already functioning better than this time last year.
I agree with this. Its A development time.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
We don't want wholesale changes. Most of the players out there today were the best available.

The set piece was smashed and the lineout was short of a third target as mentioned by others above, but all in all the defence by the Wallabies pack stood up for most of the game. It is just not possible to critique the backline attack because they had precious little ball. But it is fair to say that there were some defensive lapses in both backs and forwards and that there were far too many penalties given away through poor thoughtless play.

To me, Hunter Paisami is the worst for conceding senseless penalties and often in situations where the Wallabies have territory and possession. It's a pity we have so few options at 12 for the Wallabies. Stewart is not the answer imo as he is almost like for like with Hunter.

I am patiently waiting for the penny to drop among many posters here who think the sun shines out of Andrew Kellaway's dark places. He is simply a liability in defence. Mostly out of position in defence as he was in at least one Bokke try movement, or misses or falls off tackles.

For Perth, I would like to see the front row bolstered, hopefully by a fit Angus Bell and a returning Taniela Tupou if family commitments allow. I would stick with Kailea as I think he has a lot of development in him. I reckon there has to be a better No 5 around the franchises than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) who is more a hybrid 5/6 better suited off the bench. Perhaps Smith from the Reds as I don't think Blyth or Williams really offer more than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Not sure on 7, but Tizzano is a bit light to take on most test quality forward packs but give him his due he made a couple of steals during this game but it's not enough. Did Harry Wilson do enough to be retained in the starting lineup? Not sure. He is always very busy but his lack of go forward in contact marks against him. Maybe LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at 6, Hooper at 7 and Valetini at 8?

I really would like to see someone else at 12. The outside backs in any game involving Hunter rarely see the ball. But who is available? Is foketi fit and in the squad? Maybe Flook to see if he can light up our attack?

whitefalcon

Alex Ross (28)
We don't want wholesale changes. Most of the players out there today were the best available.

The set piece was smashed and the lineout was short of a third target as mentioned by others above, but all in all the defence by the Wallabies pack stood up for most of the game. It is just not possible to critique the backline attack because they had precious little ball. But it is fair to say that there were some defensive lapses in both backs and forwards and that there were far too many penalties given away through poor thoughtless play.

To me, Hunter Paisami is the worst for conceding senseless penalties and often in situations where the Wallabies have territory and possession. It's a pity we have so few options at 12 for the Wallabies. Stewart is not the answer imo as he is almost like for like with Hunter.

I am patiently waiting for the penny to drop among many posters here who think the sun shines out of Andrew Kellaway's dark places. He is simply a liability in defence. Mostly out of position in defence as he was in at least one Bokke try movement, or misses or falls off tackles.

For Perth, I would like to see the front row bolstered, hopefully by a fit Angus Bell and a returning Taniela Tupou if family commitments allow. I would stick with Kailea as I think he has a lot of development in him. I reckon there has to be a better No 5 around the franchises than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) who is more a hybrid 5/6 better suited off the bench. Perhaps Smith from the Reds as I don't think Blyth or Williams really offer more than LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto). Not sure on 7, but Tizzano is a bit light to take on most test quality forward packs but give him his due he made a couple of steals during this game but it's not enough. Did Harry Wilson do enough to be retained in the starting lineup? Not sure. He is always very busy but his lack of go forward in contact marks against him. Maybe LSL (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) (Lukhan Salakaia-Loto) at 6, Hooper at 7 and Valetini at 8?

I really would like to see someone else at 12. The outside backs in any game involving Hunter rarely see the ball. But who is available? Is foketi fit and in the squad? Maybe Flook to see if he can light up our attack?
What about Stewart to 12 and Ikitau to take on the crash ball role

Strewthcobber

Steve Williams (59)
Wilson actually had the match-high 7 lineout receptions this match. Mostly at the front. Good to see development there. There would be recent seasons where he didn't take 7 lineout a all year.

Equalizer

Trevor Allan (34)
About as embarrassing a performance as.the australian breakdancing woman in the Olympics. Like a bunch of virgin's who saw a Speedo catalogue and lost their composure. Outplayed, outcoached and outcheered at what is supposed to be Australia's rugby fortress. The Wallabies are the worst Australian sporting team by a clear margin.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Thought today was close to AAA’s worst test match. Gave away 2 of the first 3 penalties. Fell off a simple tackle and his scrummaging in on the decline. Without Tupou it seems he has to be there so hopefully Taniela is back next week.

Sir Arthur Higgins

Alan Cameron (40)
Amongst many issues I just dont think we are big and fast enough. We need bigger players with pace. Wilson doesn’t bend the line cause as big as he is his pace / acceleration isn’t great. Our locks lack the size and grunt of sa, France and even English locks.
This is mostly a people
Problem at the player level in my mind
Don’t have the right second or front row today. Don’t have the right 10 or 12 and our 14,11 and 15 are ok.
Kellaway is brilliant in attack and scramble defense but more typical defense and he’s not great.
Wright is a 7/10 even on a good day at fullback in my opinion.