• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Sat 10th August 2.30pm AEST @ Suncorp,

pissedoffihavetoregister

Bill Watson (15)
Bring Skelton and Staniforth in. Staniforth has been consistently voted as the lock of the season for Top 14, leading tackle counts. He won’t let us down.
i haven't looked at the current bok side but at one stage this yeasr they had 7 first team players playing OS (in japan). If they are allowed do it and they whoop us, maybe we should too.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
Can't see the Boks bothering to wheel out the A-grade thoroughbreds again next weekend in Perth for that lot.

Hardly worth the risk and they won't learn anything more about themselves.

I'm guessing we'll see a lot of B-team work experience lads.

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
So we only score when they had 13 players, big improvement with Lynagh and Tate on. Schmidt's tactic of running off the 9 doesn't work. We lost by 26, I called 24+

I said Joe was arrogant and not taking the Champs seriously with not naming the Squad early.

Slipper is broken, great for the stats but that is about it. We sucked at the breakdown, our scrum is not functioning and our backs were flat. If Bell is healthy play him, Slipper is broken.

Tackling is a fundamental, and why the fark did Hunter run with the ball when they had 13 on and we had the 3 on 1 overlap at around the 70 or so minute mark??? The guy is brainless.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Was watching a mate playing club footy today so only saw bits and pieces in the club house. It looked like we were too lateral and couldn't win any collisions. I was fearful that this would happen against those big bodies and we had no answer that I could see.

We know where the standard is now and we've got some work to do to get up to it.

Froggy

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I can't see how any one or two changes are going to make a huge difference, but it's also hard to see where any more changes than that would come from. Bell and TT into the front row would be a start, but need a bit more from our locks as well. McReight and Wright are turning out to be pretty big losses. We also have a couple of players like Wilson and Paisami who really work their buts off all game, but don't make much impression. Gordon kicked well against Wales, but was ordinary this afternoon, but if we play Tait at 9 we need a 10 with a boot. Is it Lynagh? I really don't know.

Tomthumb

Dick Tooth (41)
1 won’t but 15 players that don’t belong playing club rugby today might have made it better
Selections weren’t the problem. Tactics were abysmal, every man and his dog know the Boks have a rush defence, where were the dummy runners? Where were the plays out the back? Schmidt’s master plan was one off running and kicking front foot ball when they didn’t one off run it

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Best locks in the world? Tom Staniforth? Behave
I’ll defend my call. He’s been named in the best team of the season for multiple years in top 14. He topped the tackle count and tackle success rate by 100 tackles this year. Our super players aren’t cutting it.

start choosing big blocks of men who can scrum, jump and tackle well before choosing them for fancy offloads. Lukhan missed 5+ tackles which is unacceptable at this level.

LeCheese

John Thornett (49)
Anyone calling for changes in the backs is kidding themselves. Forwards got absolutely pantsed and there is nothing else to it. Scrum was somewhat expected but the lineout is unacceptable.
Forwards got pantsed but there were several instances of absolutely atrocious decision making on attack. Too many instances of players looking to solo it instead of going through the hands.

capalaba

Ward Prentice (10)
Anyone calling for changes in the backs is kidding themselves. Forwards got absolutely pantsed and there is nothing else to it. Scrum was somewhat expected but the lineout is unacceptable.
Sorry biscuits but not only did the forwards get raped our backs were terrible. Noah to be replaced by Lynagh, Hunter needs a brain transplant 3 on 1 takes on the line with 13 Boks is just plain dumb. Tate replaces Gordon.

As for pack they were just shit, replace them all.

House is on Fire

Frank Nicholson (4)
Rugby fundamentals - recycle ball, string phases together to win field position and take players out of the defensive line. Look to take the opportunities that present.

When you have to commit more players to every breakdown than the opposition do, then you don't get opportunities.

South Africa just too strong, as individuals and as a team, and won every facet.

Lots of work to do to get up to standard, but the players showed good determination all game.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
yeah your right we should not pick one of the best locks in the world because ‘he couldn’t cut it’ for the worst development side in Australia’s professional era
He wasn't much chop at the Brumbies either. Strong in defence and at lineout but never made more than a few centimetres with ball in hand.

Where's the beef

Chris McKivat (8)
People,

Give it a rest. Its not changing overnight. A few comments
1. Noah and Hunter don't work at the highest level. Noah played well for Noah today but his kicking in general play is 20-30 too short. We could not get ourselves out of trouble. Lynagh had time.
2. Harry Wilson had a great game today as did a number of the forwards putting Boks on their Bums. Make no mistake, the scoreline may not show it, but, The Boks would have known they had been hit. The problem was, that on attack, very few forwards bent the line.
3. The scrum. I am not saying that they were not penalties, but, when you tell the 9 to clear the ball and he does not and then penalise the other team....Not many scrums did not penalties for the boks. Makes it hard to apply pressure. We need TT to hold this. A Bell would be handy too,
4. The lineout was a mess.

So, while the score was not great, the lineout and scrums gave a heap of ground.

We need a 10-12 combination that has the ability to steer us around the field. Noah maybe OK, but, he needs a Giteau like foley had in 2015 RWC. There was a reason NZ took Giteau out in the final. They knew without him we were gone. Could not exit and apply territory pressure.