• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Have no idea which Bok team they'll pick ,but its do or die time for our lot. My team for the Wallabies
Kirschner, Habana, Mossie, JdJ, Aplon, Steyn, Pienaar, Spies, Louw, Schalk, Bekker, Matfield, CJ, Smit, Beast.

Agree except would drop Spies for being such a pussy.

I think the team we will see will have Olivier at 12 and Rossouw at 5.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Agree except would drop Spies for being such a pussy.

I think the team we will see will have Olivier at 12 and Rossouw at 5.
Just saw Bekker is out, bliksem was looking forward to a Burger/Bekker show.

Anyway as long as Pie Eater dont pitch I can live with it.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hey Tah,
Are they staying at the sofitel? My mate is coming up from Sydney also & he's staying at the sofitel & I'm pretty sure the Boks will be there.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
Seriously, do people think Deans will start the 3N with a 4 and 8 making debuts (Higginb and Simmons) and a 12 that's hardly played in tests?

I doubt it very much.

And this obsession with size. Where the fuck did that come from? It's rubbish.

Lance Free

Arch Winning (36)
Hey Tah,
Are they staying at the sofitel? My mate is coming up from Sydney also & he's staying at the sofitel & I'm pretty sure the Boks will be there.

I think the Wallabies are staying at the Sofitel. The Boks usually stay at the Hilton.

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Hey Tah,

Yeah they are, check QC (Quade Cooper)'s twitter. I will be next door at the novotel, not for long though!

Also if you want to rest Robinson cause he's back from injury, then get rid of Genia as well.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
If we can't win this game there is something really wrong, and I fear there will be numerous heads on the chopping block if we don't front up- both players and staff. Have we ever had a better chance? A fresh, close to 1st strength XV taking on a battered, bruised Saffa side that has been playing poorly and is missing numerous key players. At home. In QUEENSLAND. I mean, come on. We have to win it. Surely?

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Barbarian,
I'm expecting a win this team never fails to deliver or should that be they always deliver failure?

I think they'll go in as favourites on home ground advantage only.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
If we can't win this game there is something really wrong, and I fear there will be numerous heads on the chopping block if we don't front up- both players and staff. Have we ever had a better chance? A fresh, close to 1st strength XV taking on a battered, bruised Saffa side that has been playing poorly and is missing numerous key players. At home. In QUEENSLAND. I mean, come on. We have to win it. Surely?

We kill in Queensland.
Boks have nothing and been exposed !
Wallabies by 20 !!
Who's with me ?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
We kill in Queensland.
Boks have nothing and been exposed !
Wallabies by 20 !!
Who's with me ?

Umm, tentatively, maybe, yes?? Geez, I would love to believe we can win this well, but I just have not seen enough from the Wallabies this season to say they can. And if they "click" and do win well, I struggle to believe they can back it up.
What the hell, Wobbs by 20!!! I'm on the Naza-wagon!

JJJ

Vay Wilson (31)
What's the deal with Bakkies Botha? Some news sites are reporting that he's just signed a deal with Toulon. Talking out of their arses?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
When the Boks used quick ball with their go forward they looked dangerous - see the Rossouw try as an example.

Can the Wallabies outmuscle the Boks behind the gainline like the ABs did with McCaw, Read, Kaino, Mealamu and Thorne?

If we don't, we'll be looking at worse than the second pommy match.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
What's the deal with Bakkies Botha? Some news sites are reporting that he's just signed a deal with Toulon. Talking out of their arses?
True but only after the WC.

I wont read to much in this tired and brushed Bokke kak. Hope they come out saturday firing on all cylinders. Think it more a disadvantage having not played test rugby for three weeks compare to playing against top and tough opposition. FFS the S14 is 13 weeks not stop rugby.

Bokke by 10+ (if they dont pick January), we should take this one against a side that cant even beat the Poms and dont look like having some grunt up front.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Hey PaarlBok,
How is the Saffar media dealing with the recent losses? I would imagine that they are calling for heads to roll?

How secure is PdV and his assistants?

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hey PaarlBok,
How is the Saffar media dealing with the recent losses? I would imagine that they are calling for heads to roll?

How secure is PdV and his assistants?
Think our press is not close for calling heads, sound more like Ratpoo in NZ who wants this but he look like changing his mind week by week. The one week the All Blacks is kak, next week its the Bokke turn, hell even Bobbejaansberg is bad for him.

Snor has a contract, merit based till after the WC next year, he is still in front of Jake Whites % , so he cant be in trouble at this moment. Two losses vs the Nr 1 rated team , so what? A week is a long time in rugby. If we lose at home , that may change the thinking. Also dont read to much Keo, he sort of jump pretty quick on wagons.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
I think this game is going to be very, very close and could go either way.

With Paarl. If they pick Januarie you can put it in the bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.