• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Wallabies v Springboks, Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naza

Alan Cameron (40)
Well the way the media has been ridiculing the Boks they should actually forfeit and fuck off home.

Seriously, today's SMH was the most childish and embarassing reporting I have ever seen. It's like some fucking school weekly.

Two pages on ridiculing PdV which I though expired as a sport two years ago and on and on about how bad the boks are. One or two articles about the Wallabies and selections. ON THE EVE OF A CRITICAL TEST FOR TWO TEAMS. It's a joke. This is not reporting and I have never seen papers in other countries stoop to this level.

Its par for the course with the SMH's moronic "chief rugby correspondent". Growden seems to think the SMH rugby audience care about Growden's gruelling life as a rugby journo. Which is why you will see entire articles complaining about how a rugby captain/coach is a tough/great interview and doesn't/does give good quote. Or reviews on the quality of the heating or catering in the journalists' box at the stadium. Like we give a shit. And the irony of Growden lamely mocking a PdV for being a clown seems to escape the pathetic fat shit.

Meanwhile Spiro thinks that rugby is some incredible riddle, akin to the plot of Lost, and every article seems to be his attempt to unravel the mystery.

The sooner Adam Frieir and Morgan Turinui replace these two, the better.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I expect to see O'Connor and Ashley-Cooper share the fullback responsibilities pretty evenly. With JO'C's kicking game and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s running game there will be plenty of opportunities for them to both find work.

As a whole I think Robbie has made the right choice for his 22, it's more conservative than I wanted but there are certainly some calculated risks (JOC (James O'Connor) to wing, Simmons at reserve lock). I look forward to seeing how the Wobs go.

Bok wings aren't big. See no reason it can't.

O'Connor is a great defender, providing he slots into the defensive system well I would back him to make a tackle on any other back 9 times out of 10 regardless of their size.

Your wingers haven't been seeing a whole heap of ball anyway.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm getting SMS updates from Reg at the team announcement

Gits here in uniform, Must be in the team

JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I'm getting SMS updates from Reg at the team announcement

Gits here in uniform, Must be in the team

JOC (James O'Connor) on the wing

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Its par for the course with the SMH's moronic "chief rugby correspondent". Growden seems to think the SMH rugby audience care about Growden's gruelling life as a rugby journo. Which is why you will see entire articles complaining about how a rugby captain/coach is a tough/great interview and doesn't/does give good quote. Or reviews on the quality of the heating or catering in the journalists' box at the stadium. Like we give a shit. And the irony of Growden lamely mocking a PdV for being a clown seems to escape the pathetic fat shit.

+1. The other thing I abhor Naza is just how transparently and consistently GG acts as the convenient, uncritical mouthpiece for the ARU when it needs to feed a line out to the unsuspecting public, often in defence of nothing but itself. And it's all made to appear as though it's some kind of 'breaking news' of profound interest.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Moses,

The team has already hit heaven's game. Getting this kind of info so quickly makes me glad I joined twitter.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Moses,

The team has already hit heaven's game. Getting this kind of info so quickly makes me glad I joined twitter.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
More of the same from Deans. Bok by 15.

As much as I want and hope to see an Oz victory I just can't see it happening. This is essentially the same pack that has failed to ignite anything against fairly tame opposition this year and lost 5 from 6 TN matches last year.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Really surprised to see Brown in there. Unless he's been "training the house down" then there is no other form to suggest he should be selected. He will need to be more assertive at the contact areas and show more agression.

Anybody running a book on how many times we will see the Rocky hands on hips, head tilted slightly to the side, look that we so often see when things aren't going his way...

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
Perhaps more interesting that the Wallaby team is the Springbok one:

15. Zane Kirchner 14. Gio Aplon 13. Jaque Fourie 12. Wynand Oliver 11. Bryan Habana 10. Morne Steyn 9. Ruan Pienaar 8. Pierre Spies 7. Ryan Kankowski 6. Schalk Burger 5. Victor Matfield 4. Danie Rossouw 3. BJ Botha 2. John Smit (capt) 1. Gurthro Steenkamp

Reserves: 16. Chiliboy Ralepelle 17. CJ van der Linde 18. Flip van der Merwe 19. Dewald Potgieter 20. Francois Hougaard 21. Butch James 22. Juan de Jongh

Aplon to start, Burger back to openside and a winger as reserve halfback just to name a few interesting points.

Cyril Towers (30)
I'm normally pretty upbeat about teams I support, but this one doesn't do it for me. Particularly in the forwards.
Fatcat will struggle having been out for so long. S Finger will struggle at scrum time. Ma'afu - come on fellas!
Mumm is struggling and Brown is well below his best.
It doesn't matter who's in the backs, they won't see any decent pill.
A shamed Boks team will smell an opportunity for redemption.

I think it will be a long Trinations for the Wobs.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Pienaar, Spies, Kankowski & Burger means big Bok backrowers running hard off quick ball for Pienaar. I hope Aus has been working on it's fringe defence around Cooper

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)

15. Zane Kirchner 14. Gio Aplon 13. Jaque Fourie 12. Wynand Oliver 11. Bryan Habana 10. Morne Steyn 9. Ruan Pienaar 8. Pierre Spies 7. Ryan Kankowski 6. Schalk Burger 5. Victor Matfield 4. Danie Rossouw 3. BJ Botha 2. John Smit (capt) 1. Gurthro Steenkamp

Reserves: 16. Chiliboy Ralepelle 17. CJ van der Linde 18. Flip van der Merwe 19. Dewald Potgieter 20. Francois Hougaard 21. Butch James 22. Juan de Jongh

makes them instantly better

Reactions: DPK

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)

Aplon to start, Burger back to openside and a winger as reserve halfback just to name a few interesting points.

Perhaps Habana covering halfback maybe? It's been done before.

Kankowski will be keen but its a trio we haven't seen before so might have a few issues with timing and combination.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
makes them instantly better

+1. I also think it's likely there'll be no more yellows this time around. And, without a doubt, those two yellows really weakened the Boks' momentum and clarity of attack in NZ. ABs still deserved to win and possibly would have done as well without them, but they were the gifts that kept on giving just at the perfect times for the ABs. Cancel those in Brisbane, and the Wallabies will have to play an exceptional all-of-80 game.

Status
Not open for further replies.