• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies v Springboks, Brisbane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

daz

Just on another topic, did anyone else notice that the scrums went early in the first half, and the NH ref repeatedly told the scrums to wait for engage? Fair enough, but what got me was the timing was completely different to what the lads would be used to with the SH refs. I think the ref even said at one point that it wasn't up to him to change, it was the scrum responsibility.

Would the ref have advised the teams of his cadence during the normal pre-game chat? And is it too much to expect that the NH/SH refs could follow the same pattern?

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)
Just on another topic, did anyone else notice that the scrums went early in the first half, and the NH ref repeatedly told the scrums to wait for engage? Fair enough, but what got me was the timing was completely different to what the lads would be used to with the SH refs. I think the ref even said at one point that it wasn't up to him to change, it was the scrum responsibility.

Would the ref have advised the teams of his cadence during the normal pre-game chat? And is it too much to expect that the NH/SH refs could follow the same pattern?

Yep noticed that. I also noticed that even though he pinged Fatcat for boring in once he missed Slipper doing the same. I am very nervous regarding the scrums next week.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Hey PaarlBok, Any update.

Things must be heating up in Safferland now for PdV and co.

The next games at home and at altitude will undoubtedly make a big difference for the Saffer chances.

Major change needed in tactics, and minor changes needed in playing roster. Very difficult to make playing roster changes when on tour.

Look out for the cornered Bokke. Next few tests will be nowhere as one sided as the recent contests.
Yep its getting desperate now, more from the media. If he start drop them at home, it may become critical.

I am strating to hope things will get terribly wrong now, to many players resting on their heels and knowthey dont have to worry about their jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.