• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
Seriously though, where are the ABs going to improve, that's their top gear imo. We were pretty capable in that game.

really? I think there is still a lot of upside left for the AB's. Clinical yes but still have more to come I believe. That was not the AB's playing at their peak.

We made 7 changes coming into this game and a number of those players haven't had game time for over a month. Those players will improve over the coming weeks It was not our top xv on the field either, although pretty close.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Congratulations to the All Backs and fans. Good performance and well deserved.

The breakdown. I'm not waying into blaming certain sides as both did it but for crying out loud, would those idiot referees crack down on it as it is a blight on the game.

Rocky, I thought he looked like actually being a leader against the Bokke a fortnight ago but he was just plain bloody nowhere to be seen tonight. Dont remember him liasing with the ref at all tonight, which is just plain unsatisfactory for a captain. We can not afford an inconsistant leader.

The indistructable Wyatt Crockett got owned tonight and until the other Franks brother came on, our scrum looked fine.

Not Rob Simmons greatest game though it was only after he left the field that we coughed up lineout ball. Who ever took the organisational duties after he went off was piss poor.

Our back row stank tonight. Elsom and McCalman went AWOL tonight and hung Pocock out to dry.

McCabe was not great tonight. Not blaming him but our defensive line looked like it lacked leadership tonight. I think the door has been opened to try Fainga'a.

The defence was just crap in all. The AB's marched over the advantage line at will.

Not Quade's greatest game. He lacked his usual composure and made some dumb decisions in attack. Stupid cross-field kicks when we should of been building pressure (Reds style). Either he was trying to do too much or the communication wasn't there. At least he managed to put place kicks through the posts. O'Connor looks like he colapsed under pressure with the boot.

Vickerman looked good when he came on as did Higgers. Higgers was one of few to actually look threatening and I think only Horwill was the other to threaten.

That game could have been pulled out of the fire after a bad start but we were tactically naive. That is not to take credit away from the All Black's for their outstanding physical superiority.

We got our arse kicked and all those who got overconfident about the Wallabies are probably feeling a little silly now.

One last thing: Tim Horan, shut your bloody mouth. You would have to be the most hypicritical back stabbing wanker going at the moment. You blow so much smoke up certain players arses running your mouth though when we cop a loss you change your tune like a coward. Quade Cooper was brilliant against the Bokkes in your view but this week he needs to learn to play test football. Which one is it pal?

ONE TEAM Fellas. The Wallabies will bounce back.

N

nova

Worrying lack of nous, intensity, and plan B. W's need some forwards who are intense and committed. What's with not contesting the breakdowns?

J

Jay

Keep it tasteful people.

Fair enough.

I was impressed by the Aussie counter-rucking in the second half, and Genia operated superbly under pressure. Wallabies scrum was good too, but once Ben Franks came on the AB's had an edge. Echoing the sentiments of most, Kepu, Moore & Horwill stood up well and HiggenRosenHymenBotham had his usual nice cameo & grubber.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
Congratulations to the All Backs and fans. Good performance and well deserved.

The breakdown. I'm not waying into blaming certain sides as both did it but for crying out loud, would those idiot referees crack down on it as it is a blight on the game.

Rocky, I thought he looked like actually being a leader against the Bokke a fortnight ago but he was just plain bloody nowhere to be seen tonight. Dont remember him liasing with the ref at all tonight, which is just plain unsatisfactory for a captain. We can not afford an inconsistant leader.

The indistructable Wyatt Crockett got owned tonight and until the other Franks brother came on, our scrum looked fine.

Not Rob Simmons greatest game though it was only after he left the field that we coughed up lineout ball. Who ever took the organisational duties after he went off was piss poor.

Our back row stank tonight. Elsom and McCalman went AWOL tonight and hung Pocock out to dry.

McCabe was not great tonight. Not blaming him but our defensive line looked like it lacked leadership tonight. I think the door has been opened to try Fainga'a.

The defence was just crap in all. The AB's marched over the advantage line at will.

Not Quade's greatest game. He lacked his usual composure and made some dumb decisions in attack. Stupid cross-field kicks when we should of been building pressure (Reds style). Either he was trying to do too much or the communication wasn't there. At least he managed to put place kicks through the posts. O'Connor looks like he colapsed under pressure with the boot.

Vickerman looked good when he came on as did Higgers. Higgers was one of few to actually look threatening and I think only Horwill was the other to threaten.

That game could have been pulled out of the fire after a bad start but we were tactically naive. That is not to take credit away from the All Black's for their outstanding physical superiority.

We got our arse kicked and all those who got overconfident about the Wallabies are probably feeling a little silly now.

One last thing: Tim Horan, shut your bloody mouth. You would have to be the most hypicritical back stabbing wanker going at the moment. You blow so much smoke up certain players arses running your mouth though when we cop a loss you change your tune like a coward. Quade Cooper was brilliant against the Bokkes in your view but this week he needs to learn to play test football. Which one is it pal?

ONE TEAM Fellas. The Wallabies will bounce back.

Best post I have read in some time. Great player, but a hopeless commentator.

D

Danix

NZ are just a class above. Fair play to them.

Who is in charge of Kick-Offs? They were bloody horrible. They were also pretty average under the high ball.

U

Utility Back

Cooper was awful.

Giteau's calm head could've been helpful at inside centre.

Really? It seems always when we lose, whoever's not playing would have been better.
Potentially gits would have been handy, but i dont think anything would have been any better all.
O'Connor sure found out how Gits felt last year after all those misses.

Reactions: BPC

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
I thought the game was closer than the scoreline suggested. James O'Connor kicks 2-3 and all of a sudden it's 30-20, that dubious try is disallowed and its 23-20. Of course that is all hypothetical but at the end of the day it was 3 tries to 2.

We just lacked powerful forward runners. I thought we missed Sharpe badly. Simmons is just not up to it, does not have the physical presence to compete in attack or defence. Elsom was rubbish, runs way too high. McCalman was innefectual. That was where we lost the game. When we badly needed momentum in their 22 there was no-one to provide it.

Cooper was shit though. Needed to kick a lot more than he did, too much stuffing around in midfield when there was nothing on.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The most concerning thing imo was JOC (James O'Connor)'s kicking. I was really excited by his performance against SA last week, goal kicking has been a huge concern for us in years gone by, we haven't a good one since Burke.

That said Cooper looked sharp (at goal kicking)..

S

Saders07

The most concerning thing imo was JOC (James O'Connor)'s kicking. I was really excited by his performance against SA last week, goal kicking has been a huge concern for us in years gone by, we haven't a good one since Burke.

That said Cooper looked sharp..

at goal kicking....what about the rest of his game - in a test match?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)

That said Cooper looked sharp..

Just not his passing...

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
A few random observations:

- the scrum didn't look that great, would have been interesting to see the B's go for a pushover instead of 3 points
- not sure if Pocock could have done much to avoid being penalised (for the 3rd time) for not rolling away as he was smothered by an AB at the time
- JOC (James O'Connor) kicks better in the ad breaks for Swisse
- the rot seemed to set in with QC (Quade Cooper)'s first throw....do we have to take the good with the bad?
- nice to see S Finger pick up and dump a fringing AB
- no complaints about the reffing overall, but would be good to see some in depth analysis from those with too much time on their hands :p
- Higgers to start fo sho
- in the words of our PM Deans has some "hard questions" to answer
- who would have beaten the Blacks today?

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Thats Cooper. Playing catch up, he becomes redonculous. But did it cost them? No - same result, 5m scrum.
He was saved from getting lit up by Nonu as well who was tackled off the ball just as he was about to hit him

Was a good AB's performance but we could do with not letting the opposition having the ball so much. There's gonna be a time one day when we're gonna be behind need the ball and it'll be no good if someone else has got it. Carter was immense and Smith was awesome while flying under the radar. Gear was shut down by the Wallabies but the ptotential is still there, probably replaced by CJ with Sivi on the other wing. Mils got stoop up by Digby but was his otherwise solid self. Nonu had a great game. Weepu is keeping Cowan honest and vice versa. The AB's pack did a great job in shutting down the Wobblies forward pack for about 65 minutes and doing so kept them firmly on the back foot. The loss of shape in the last 15-20 minutes needs to be addressed. Crockett was a bit quiet and got overshadowed by the Franks boys. The lineout was a bit ropey and the scrum a bit hit and miss or hit and be penalised

Joubert wasn't brilliant but he wasn't brilliant for both teams.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
He was saved from getting lit up by Nonu as well who was tackled off the ball just as he was about to hit him

Was a good AB's performance but we could do with not letting the opposition having the ball so much. There's gonna be a time one day when we're gonna be behind need the ball and it'll be no good if someone else has got it. Carter was immense and Smith was awesome while flying under the radar. Gear was shut down by the Wallabies but the ptotential is still there, probably replaced by CJ with Sivi on the other wing. Mils got stoop up by Digby but was his otherwise solid self. Nonu had a great game. Weepu is keeping Cowan honest and vice versa. The AB's pack did a great job in shutting down the Wobblies forward pack for about 65 minutes and doing so kept them firmly on the back foot. The loss of shape in the last 15-20 minutes needs to be addressed. Crockett was a bit quiet and got overshadowed by the Franks boys. The lineout was a bit ropey and the scrum a bit hit and miss or hit and be penalised

Joubert wasn't brilliant but he wasn't brilliant for both teams.

I rate Smith ahead of Nonu. Very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.