• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RuckinGoodStats

Is good and bad. Means we can get the ball and make the yards, but struggle to get over the try line.
Try this one in the 1st half, 5:29min inside the All Blacks 22 so you point is correct, getting over the line at the right time

S

SamP

Super cooper... HAH!

Ok so the AB played freaking well. there line speed in defense combined with there tackling accuracy was insane... But what the hell was Quade cooper doing? it looked to me like he was playing in under 10's. shoveling the ball to someone in a worse position. He looked scared... like Tim horan just said QC (Quade Cooper) needs to learn the difference between super rugby and test football when you play a number 1 side they will put pressure on you. So you can't throw flick passes, no lookers and all that low percentage garbage.. Bring back Giteau or put o'conner in there they may not win you the game by themselves but they won't lose it for you either...

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
That was the best AB performance I've seen in a while. They were absolutely ruthless I thought.

Positives for us: Kepu, Moore, Horwill, Ioane, Higgers (who must start now) and JOC (James O'Connor).
Negatives: Pretty much everyone else.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
It was their top gear for the first half only. They dropped intensity in the 2nd.

Where they are going to improve is to play with that intensity for 80 minutes.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok so the AB played freaking well. there line speed in defense combined with there tackling accuracy was insane... But what the hell was Quade cooper doing? it looked to me like he was playing in under 10's. shoveling the ball to someone in a worse position. He looked scared... like Tim horan just said QC (Quade Cooper) needs to learn the difference between super rugby and test football when you play a number 1 side they will put pressure on you. So you can't throw flick passes, no lookers and all that low percentage garbage.. Bring back Giteau or put o'conner in there they may not win you the game by themselves but they won't lose it for you either...

Seeing as that's your first post it just highlights how threatened and precious you Kiwis must feel about Cooper. There's not many here that actually believe Cooper is better than Carter but you guys and your media keep trying to convince yourselves that he's not.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
tragic: scrum parity? questionable scrum penalty? Did you not see your whole front row stand up? ABs clearly had the better scrum as soon as B Franks came on.

Lots of folding under pressure by the ABs front row. And as for the penalty - who stood up first - have another look.
Surprised, but yep - I'd say parity.......

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Seriously? Optimistic or delusional?

You don't think we competed well at times? I really don't think we were as shit as some are making out. Elsom was shit but as a team we played really well in patches. If we weren't playing the ABs we would've scored twice before HT against any other side imo. Their defence was insane.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Even if we competed well at times, big deal. We need to compete at ALL times. The deficiencies exposed in this game will whet the lips of other teams to come - Ireland, England etc... We just have to start fronting up physically. I don't know what it takes to get it to happen. Coaching - yes. Players improving their attitude - yes. We have been within 6 points 5 times in the last few years...but we always lose (nearly).

Reactions: BPC

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Seriously though, where are the ABs going to improve, that's their top gear imo. We were pretty capable in that game.

Always things to work on qwerty :)

Some of the realignment in defence can be worked on. Carter was having to make quite a few cover tackles because others were out of position.

Clean out and driving at ruck time was good tonight. Crockett's 'height' at scrum time is a concern.

We didn't try the halfback/1st 5 wrap around play that has been very successful over the last couple of years. Gear wasn't used in the reverse winger play which thought he would of been tonight.

Major Spliff Biggins

Fred Wood (13)
You don't think we competed well at times? I really don't think we were as shit as some are making out. Elsom was shit but as a team we played really well in patches. If we weren't playing the ABs we would've scored twice before HT against any other side imo. Their defence was insane.

Headless chooks in the red zone. Wallabies had the posession and and territory, but incapable of turning it into points for the majority of the match.

I thought we competed well in the set pieces at times, the rest was a thoroughly depressing affair. Are we that shit, or did they make us look that shit?

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
It doesn't matter if you played okay, the issue is outplaying the ABs.
I thought you were comprehensively blown off the park in the first 40.

Blown off the park - not so much.
Blown off the scoreboard - absolutely.
The ABs converted their opportunities during the first half whereas we left the points out there.
The best team won tonight, no doubt about it but at least we have something to work on this week. Looking forward to seeing what changes Mr Deans will make in response.

I WANT TO SEE SOME MONGREL FROM THESE BLOKES - CHRIST!!!!!!!

BarneySF

Bob Loudon (25)
Timani to no.8. Gives us potentially some grunt and another jumper. We will not see Palu in a gold jersey this year. Wallabies are a strong colts team right now.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)

But you were playing the ABs.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I'm not sure where the optimists draw their belief from, but I'm jealous.

What I saw was us get smashed in the collisions, lose all shape in attack, fail to secure our own ball, lateral running and poor leadership. The only positive was the scrum, which I thought was at least on par with the ABs for most of the game.

The contrast between Genia and Cooper was significant, with the former playing well despite a lack of good ball and the latter seeming like a headless chicken at times. Hope Quade took some lessons away -- we need him to show more composure in September.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
But you were playing the ABs.

The point was that I thought the ABs played one of their best games ever. Yes it's not good enough from our perspective but at least we've discovered that some of our players aren't up to it again, unlike the ABs except for Crockett.

J

Jay

Carter ran well from behind a very strong AB line, Cooper did not have that luxury.
Wallabies still in big training mode so dare say have heavy, tired legs. Still the result was poorer then I thought it might be. Team did not seem to, for want of a better word, 'Gel'.

In the first half the Wallabies had all the territory and most of the ball and Cooper did what?

Status
Not open for further replies.