• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Victorian Reds Fan

Bob Loudon (25)
That was difficult to watch. Not much to say except we were rolled by a better team on the night. Kiwis looked hungry for the win, and it showed in the way they hit everything.

Those Franks brothers are something else - Kepu got some air there in the second half.

Let's hope they have peaked too early.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Higginbotham needs to be starting, felt Big Kev had a stormer of a game, as did Willy Genia, AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) was no where too be seen, McCabe was useful. Quade had a mare.

If you think about it though, if we'd klocked those 3 penalties it would have been 23 - 30, doesn't sound as bad!

I like your optimism, but that borders on delusional. Kick one penalty, different restart, who knows what happens? I doubt we would ever have got that close. Would have helped my tipping though - had ABs 30-24.

hughkh

Bob McCowan (2)
All of AB's tries in the first half came from poor kicking from QC (Quade Cooper), which is very unlike QC (Quade Cooper) who normally kicks tactically or runs it back on the counter, nerves got too him i reckon. Not so 'Super' Cooper today.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
That was difficult to watch. Not much to say except we were rolled by a better team on the night. Kiwis looked hungry for the win, and it showed in the way they hit everything.

Those Franks brothers are something else - Kepu got some air there in the second half.

The first Franks got a hard time in the scrums early, their reserves scrummed much better than ours. Much better.

hughkh

Bob McCowan (2)
Any stats on territory and possession, in particular time spent in 22.
I know at half time the Wallabies had 55% possession and 68% territory for no points! That is a sorry statistic!

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
What is this crap about Cooper being inferior to Carter? You try playing behind a piss weak pack and see how you go? That is a performance where one can squarely blame the selectors. Forwards were gutless. And I repeat Sharpe would not have added a thing. In the backs, i dont think McCabe is the answer but very hard to say when the forwards are going backwards.

jollyswagman

Ron Walden (29)
There are some positives to take away from the game in there somewhere. Vickerman impressed me while he was on - more physical and effective at the breakdown IMHO...Simmons failed to impress me. and looked out of condition - lots of walking and often struggling to get back onside before the next phase. Cooper didn't have a great night so let's hope he has that out of his system. The stats tell a different story to the scoreboard I would think. Definitely were beaten by the better side tonight. That said, add three 3 pointers O'Connor missed and scrub the try from the restart that was knocked forward and you have 23-23. We will get em at home.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
Carter ran well from behind a very strong AB line, Cooper did not have that luxury.
Wallabies still in big training mode so dare say have heavy, tired legs. Still the result was poorer then I thought it might be. Team did not seem to, for want of a better word, 'Gel'.

tragic

John Solomon (38)
Well that didnt go to script. Call me pissed and one eyed (both of which would be accurate) but I actually think there were a number of positives from that game. The biggest being the scrum had parity and the fact we were strong at the breakdown on our own possession.
The ABs deserved the win but got ten points from wrong calls - the knock on from the kick off and the questionable scrum penalty. They also had the rub of the green.
O'Connor kicked way below his usual form and left 9 points on the park.
The ABs made very few line breaks and instead got some soft tries around the edge of the rucks - easily fixed.
A few minor changes - (higgers and samo in the starting lineup) and I'll still back the wallabies for the return at Suncorp!!

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Come on, Spewn. Cooper had a shit game. Playing off the back foot is one thing, but he made plenty of unforced errors and generally took the wrong option all night. That doesnt make him unique and he wasn't close to the worst Wob, but to think he didn't have a role in a bad poor peformance is a bit off.

But I take your point re the forwards. Torrid!

bryce

Darby Loudon (17)
We just did not seem to have any front foot ball. They seemed to get over the advantage line so easily. It's worrying as it seems that all a side needs to do to beat us is to win that battle and Cooper seems to panic and then the backs have no chance.

Higgers needs to start. Can't see what else he could possibly do to prove that he should be there.

And for fuck's sake, where can we find someone who can slot penalties?!

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
That said, add three 3 pointers O'Connor missed and scrub the try from the restart that was knocked forward and you have 23-23. We will get em at home.

If Beale hadn't rushed out of the line for the Nonu try, if Moore would have been stronger to hold up Mealamu over the goal line, and if some more passes from Cooper would have stuck, you guys would have blown the ABs off the park! Reason to celebrate!

tragic: scrum parity? questionable scrum penalty? Did you not see your whole front row stand up? ABs clearly had the better scrum as soon as B Franks came on.

Status
Not open for further replies.