• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
When the All Blacks said they had figured out Cooper, they meant it...

However, don't raise the panic alarm, we play them again soon. But, changes do need to be made after that performance. We definitely need to be more threatening at the breakdown, it might be worth bringing Hodgeson on, while dropping McCalman and Elsom for Higgenbotham who can do more effective runs than both of them combined. Or even testing out Robinson in a ball pilfering role, he seems pretty quick to the breakdown. Pocock isn't as effective by himself. We just can't have a backrow that doesn't want to look for turnovers, Elsom just stands on the wing all game what is up with that?

The backline just needs to get some more ideas. They had so many chances in the ABs 22 and didn't cross on any of them.

maxdacat

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Phil Kearns was painful to listen to.

And Marto's mancrush of higginbotham is nauseating.

I thought it was ok from Ch 9. Good insights from Andrew Slack and George Gregan with some reasonable back up from Sutcliffe and the other guy.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Can't agree with Timani there. A more useful ploy would be to drop Elsom & McCalman and start Higginbotham at 6, Samo at 8. Hang on - I think I see a squadron of pigs circling the back garden...

No pigs but get ready to be accused of Reds Bias. :)

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
Good post earlier Ruggo.

NZ are just a class above. Fair play to them.

Who is in charge of Kick-Offs? They were bloody horrible. They were also pretty average under the high ball.

Jim Williams who is crap & should have been sacked at the end of 2009.

T

Thomas

Can some one tell JO'C to pass it a bit more, I don't mind him backing himself but he's blown a few opportunities because he didn't pass it. Also drop McCalman for Higginbotham!

F

Fredfreduels

Teams for next week? My tip is:

1. Ben Daley, 2. Saia Fainga'a, 3. Greg Holmes, 4. Rob Simmons, 5. James Horwill (c), 6. Scott Higginbotham, 7. Beau Robinson, 8. Radike Samo, 9. Will Genia (vc), 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Digby Ioane, 12. Ben Tapuai, 13. Anthony Fainga'a, 14. Rod Davies, 15. Jono Lance

Interchange: 16. James Hanson, 17. Guy Shepherdson, 18. Adam Wallace-Harrison, 19. Jake Schatz, 20. Liam Gill, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Will Chambers

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
All Elsom can say about his impact on the game tonight was he made one turn over which eventually led to his own try.
Cooper panicked and because of this he mostly forgot how to kick and pass. He is no longer allowed to go shopping (or being around) Steph on game day.
Genia did everything he could but obviously the halfback can't do it all.
It was a shame JO'C's kicking was off. Digby, Beale, McCabe and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) weren't linking but there were moments that gave you hope.
The forwards' set piece work was fine. Held their own and dominated (at times - thanks Wyatt) in the scrum. Lineout went wayward a little at the end.
The backs lost their composure. They weren't realigning for attack in the last 20. Who is responsible for this in the back line? Usually the 10 right?

Then there is the breakdown and where it really fell apart. Support players went missing but again there were moments when you thought things have turned around.

I can't see Higgers, Samo or either of the Fainga'a's improving things but what is there really to lose.

crangs81

Larry Dwyer (12)
Teams for next week? My tip is:

1. Ben Daley, 2. Saia Fainga'a, 3. Greg Holmes, 4. Rob Simmons, 5. James Horwill (c), 6. Scott Higginbotham, 7. Beau Robinson, 8. Radike Samo, 9. Will Genia (vc), 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Digby Ioane, 12. Ben Tapuai, 13. Anthony Fainga'a, 14. Rod Davies, 15. Jono Lance

Interchange: 16. James Hanson, 17. Guy Shepherdson, 18. Adam Wallace-Harrison, 19. Jake Schatz, 20. Liam Gill, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Will Chambers
hmmm, there's something going on here:confused::cool:

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
I thought the game was closer than the scoreline suggested. James O'Connor kicks 2-3 and all of a sudden it's 30-20, that dubious try is disallowed and its 23-20. Of course that is all hypothetical but at the end of the day it was 3 tries to 2.

We just lacked powerful forward runners. I thought we missed Sharpe badly. Simmons is just not up to it, does not have the physical presence to compete in attack or defence. Elsom was rubbish, runs way too high. McCalman was innefectual. That was where we lost the game. When we badly needed momentum in their 22 there was no-one to provide it.

Cooper was shit though. Needed to kick a lot more than he did, too much stuffing around in midfield when there was nothing on.

actually I have looked back at it and the try was fine

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
The indistructable Wyatt Crockett got owned tonight

Not his best scrum performance and I think he has hit the wall a bit. For all the talk of crusaders being rested etc, he has played 3 tests in a row after the S15. Now needs some reconditioning and a break. Makes me think he will miss the cup if Woody proves his fitness

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not his best scrum performance and I think he has hit the wall a bit. For all the talk of crusaders being rested etc, he has played 3 tests in a row after the S15. Now needs some reconditioning and a break. Makes me think he will miss the cup if Woody proves his fitness

The height of his hit did not look good.

But I thought he was massive on defence tonight. The guy seems to hit extremely hard in the tackle. Scrambled well and made at least 2 cover tackles/hits that I recall

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
The ABs will not play their first choice teams now.

Toeava, Dagg, SBW and Kahui need to be given starts.

Spewn

Alex Ross (28)
Cooper's in game kicking was inaccurate, he threw a couple of forward passes, almost gave away a try on his own goal line, and as far as I could see didn't tackle anyone. QC (Quade Cooper) did a nice pass for Elsom's try.

Carter missed no kicks, took on the line, tackled well, turned ball over in the tackle. He stepped up, Cooper didn't.

Put Carter behind that Australian pack and see how he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.