• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Tri Nations Game 3 New Zealand v Australia - Saturday 6 August 2011 - 3N2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

disco

Chilla Wilson (44)
The backs lost their composure. They weren't realigning for attack in the last 20. Who is responsible for this in the back line? Usually the 10 right?

That's why we need Barnes has he is good for Cooper, Giteau is not.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
In enjoyed that.

It put alot of the prematch bullshit into perspective. The whole respect thimNg and beales we can tear everybody apart stuff.

It's all bs and thev80 mins are what it's about. The Aussie backs backed themselves with beales confident comments but failed due to some outstanding defense. Tonight. On other days passes will stick and kicks will come off. I love watching them play, and tonight for personal reasons, I loved watching it not come off. But it will on other nights, it def will.

I though the ab defense looked like somebody who thought their opposition had no respect and they were desperate to win it back.

A very good win, very good. JOC (James O'Connor) AND QC (Quade Cooper) had reverse games. Ones passingband running was awesome but kicking was shit. And vice versa.

Bring on round 2, Aussies at home. Will still be huge.

MajorlyRagerly

Trevor Allan (34)
Put Carter behind that Australian pack and see how he goes.

He'd tackle and tackle and tackle, just like he did last night.

I am one of those nervous about Cooper kiwis mentioned eArlier in the thread, totally. But dc was sublime tonight and little of it had to do with the pack. Cooper was shit tonight and again, little to do with the pack.

Cooper was a great player yesterday and he he still is today. But a bit of acknowledgment to dc is fully granted imho

Mank

Ted Thorn (20)
I though the ab defense looked like somebody who thought their opposition had no respect and they were desperate to win it back.

Maybe it's me as a Saffer who doesn't understand all these subtle word games, but is making up stuff that the opposition never said what's required to motivate the ABs? I don't know for sure but saying "we can win" doesn't sound like a lack of respect. If this topic has already been done apologies :)

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have tried to stay calm and not comment but I can't. McCalman. Elsom not up to it. The form Australian Backrow, Except for Higgers, sitting in Brisbane. Fainga'a was as important for the Reds as Cooper was. Not even a run.

Well played All Blacks.

Scarfman

Knitter of the Scarf
Teams for next week? My tip is:

1. Ben Daley, 2. Saia Fainga'a, 3. Greg Holmes, 4. Rob Simmons, 5. James Horwill (c), 6. Scott Higginbotham, 7. Beau Robinson, 8. Radike Samo, 9. Will Genia (vc), 10. Quade Cooper, 11. Digby Ioane, 12. Ben Tapuai, 13. Anthony Fainga'a, 14. Rod Davies, 15. Jono Lance

Interchange: 16. James Hanson, 17. Guy Shepherdson, 18. Adam Wallace-Harrison, 19. Jake Schatz, 20. Liam Gill, 21. Ian Prior, 22. Will Chambers

Who would you have as coach, Fred?

And MR - have another drink!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Higgers place is on the bench.

It's where he will make the most impact.

While he made some good runs, the last thing Australia need is a looser Elsom.

Pocock didn't play well which didn't help.

But I would like to see Samo come in at 8.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I thought the game was closer than the scoreline suggested. James O'Connor kicks 2-3 and all of a sudden it's 30-20, that dubious try is disallowed and its 23-20. Of course that is all hypothetical but at the end of the day it was 3 tries to 2.

As Cyclo noted earlier, it doesn't quite work that way. Different restart if JOC (James O'Connor) makes that first kick and thus a different game. Maybe some scoreline momentum would have helped, maybe those earlier points would have encouraged the ABs to keep their foot on the throat. Who knows?

The scoreline flatters the Wallabies, IMO. That last try was really a consolation with the match already more than decided.

da_grubster

Ted Fahey (11)
The height of his hit did not look good.

But I thought he was massive on defence tonight. The guy seems to hit extremely hard in the tackle. Scrambled well and made at least 2 cover tackles/hits that I recall

Yeah, it's those two penalties that will be the lasting impression on Henry. Thought Aus scrummed as well as we have seen them for a while tonight although couldn't disrupt any AB ball.

Crockett around the park is better than Woodcock now. Actually reminds me of woody 5-6 years ago.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
As Cyclo noted earlier, it doesn't quite work that way. Different restart if JOC (James O'Connor) makes that first kick and thus a different game. Maybe some scoreline momentum would have helped, maybe those earlier points would have encouraged the ABs to keep their foot on the throat. Who knows?

The scoreline flatters the Wallabies, IMO. That last try was really a consolation with the match already more than decided.

Yes but it works both ways. We kick our points and all of a sudden we are a bit more confident and the ball starts to bounce our way. We go into the sheds at 17-6 instead of 17-0, and who knows? Or the ABs score from the kickoff. Its all hypothetical at the end of the day.

But its logical that if JOC (James O'Connor) kicks better the scoreline is closer. Not hugely closer, but closer nonetheless.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yeah, it's those two penalties that will be the lasting impression on Henry. Thought Aus scrummed as well as we have seen them for a while tonight although couldn't disrupt any AB ball.

Crockett around the park is better than Woodcock now. Actually reminds me of woody 5-6 years ago.

I was pretty pleased with the scrum in the first 60 mins, although, as you note, we gained parity without exerting any real gain from it. Good to see Alexander (who I had large doubts about) and Kepu (who I didn't) deliver. It could be better with Robinson at LHP and Kepu at THP with TPN backup to Moore, but that is well up in the air.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Yes but it works both ways. We kick our points and all of a sudden we are a bit more confident and the ball starts to bounce our way. We go into the sheds at 17-6 instead of 17-0, and who knows? Or the ABs score from the kickoff. Its all hypothetical at the end of the day.

But its logical that if JOC (James O'Connor) kicks better the scoreline is closer. Not hugely closer, but closer nonetheless.
With our restarts, I wouldn't count on the bounce going anywhere but to Black. But I get your point.

Mr Doug

Dick Tooth (41)
Hey MajorlyRagerly (by the way, where did that name come from?), although a passionate Reds and Wallabies fan, I commented to Mrs Doug during the match, that Dan Carter is like "poetry in motion"! He can catch a pass, take a couple of steps, position the ball in his hands, then kick it to wherever he wants........ all in one smooth action!! No coach can develope that in a player...they've either got it or they haven't! Quade Cooper is a player best described as "brilliant, but erratic"!!

T

The Big I

What is this crap about Cooper being inferior to Carter? You try playing behind a piss weak pack and see how you go? That is a performance where one can squarely blame the selectors. Forwards were gutless. And I repeat Sharpe would not have added a thing. In the backs, i dont think McCabe is the answer but very hard to say when the forwards are going backwards.

At least we would have competed at the line-outs, IMO Macalm played better than our second row tonight. You would think that Cooper would be used to playing behind a inferior pack.

Richo

John Thornett (49)

Agreed, just that it's never as simple as "oh, if we'd kicked all those goals...". Certainly felt like those first two misses really deflated momentum.

G

Grevious

Whats goinig on with aussie rugby

As an Australian living in NZ I am dumbfounded by the way we take on these Kiwis Does any one in the Aussie Union Know how to bet this All Blacks.Robbie Deans should be sacked. Do you really think he has the teams best interests at heart Over here the Wallarbies are treated as a joke.Its sooooooo frustrating to watch
quality players follow some BS game plan and loose.Ive coached an under 13 team
that doesnt make the mistakes that the Wallabies made tonight.Im sick of this BULLSHIT.DEANS Should go and the Aussie Union should suck it up and go with cap in hand and beg the QLD coach to help out & perhaps give them some hope in the future.At the moment Australia has no chance in the WC.With the present coach they will be lucky to make the quater finals

Status
Not open for further replies.