• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Shute Shield 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Bruce, you can continue to outline each point here but the real problem is Uni's clear rorting of the player points system. From 1st grade right down to your 3rd grade colts there are players playing under points that they shouldn't. Have you explained the Hangaana situation. Trotting out for 3rd grade colts in tomorrow's grand final after coming from Souths 20's. And a 1st grade league game if I'm not mistaken. All throughout your club there are these type of scenarios and that's the real issue. Even up the comp and stop taking the piss!!! It is clearly killing off the comp. What happens when ABC pull the pin??

I think you need to back up your claim with some evidence. Points don't apply in 3rd grade colts so it doesn't matter who Hangaana is or where he's played previously. So which other players can you name that are playing under points they shouldn't?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
I think the point was more about Hangaana being superior to the grade he was playing in, coming from a professional contract in the last days/weeks of the comp etc.
Clearly it is within the rules, I for one think very poorly of people that think winning colts 3's, is more important than sticking with the guys who worked hard all year to get you in the GF.

Late Starter

Allen Oxlade (6)
Sure I understand that but he was likely in 3rd colts because the club wouldn't displace other players in higher grades who had worked all season and not out of desperation to win 3rd colts. I'd be disappointed if I was the 3rd colts player who got squeezed out but I would challenge other clubs to claim they wouldn't play him at all. Clubs with weaker teams might be likely to play him in a higher grade. From what I've seen he hasn't been that impressive anyway and in the end Uni lost in 3rd colts today so the whole thing is probably a moot point now.

My point really was that you can't make big statements like Uni is clearly rorting the system and it's clearly killing the game without backing it up with some facts.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The points system is flawed, and Uni are exploiting the current system to their best advantage(as is their right)
Stirzaker is a good example, he played Gordon reps since age 10,played Schoolboys and ended up at Uni. he spends his off season with his professional side, and now joins Uni for the last few games of each season.
They have done **f all to develop him, yet in 3 or 4 years time he will cost how many points?
If they continue to rape the weaker clubs of any stars coming through, how can these weaker clubs continue to be competitive?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Pakalani was awesome from broken play. Manly were terrible in defence and couldn't win the breakdown. So many mistakes lead to a loss. Last week Eastwood, today Manly and hopefully tomorrow Uni.

blindside

Stan Wickham (3)
The points system is flawed, and Uni are exploiting the current system to their best advantage(as is their right)
Stirzaker is a good example, he played Gordon reps since age 10,played Schoolboys and ended up at Uni. he spends his off season with his professional side, and now joins Uni for the last few games of each season.
They have done **f all to develop him, yet in 3 or 4 years time he will cost how many points?
If they continue to rape the weaker clubs of any stars coming through, how can these weaker clubs continue to be competitive?

exactly my point. sorry i mis used my words. it's not uni rorting the points system. it's the system allowing uni to get away with it. i blame NSW rugby for grading the way they do. as highlighted by the above.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Rules are rules, and well done to Uni for living on the edge within them. The various loopholes are open to all to exploit. Uni seem to do it better. Rather than whinge about it, the other clubs would be better to replicate the things that Uni do well, rather than remain doing what they have always done.

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
No it's not well done to Uni. Arguments that suggest that the weaker clubs should replicate Uni practises are facile.
If they believe they have the best facilities, the best coaches, and that colts want to play there(all of which appear to be self evident)
Why don't they have confidence in their coaching staff to succeed without poaching weaker clubs junior stars?
(BTW Who the f**k gives them contact details for Schoolboys who happen to be minors anyway?To my mind this is an unacceptable practice)

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Anyone else sick of the abc commentators bitching about the rules of the game specifically scrums. It actually makes me sick a little bit. Pampas even said a few weeks ago that contested scrums should be scrapped and to fall inline with another great game......some one please tell me his address so I can send him some educational reading material

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Do Uni have an edict to kill Elih Baillee? !st game broken jaw,second game he lasted 3 minutes after high tackle and now Inman tries to rub him out. Get off your high horse Bruce.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I don't think there are many Gaggerlanders who condone foul play.

Bruce has admitted previously that there Uni supporters that do not bring the game into repute. All clubs have supporters who cross the line on occasions, and Uni are no different. Fortunately these are in the minority at all clubs.

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Giving up a ten point lead with 6mins to go never good but as referee Mr O'Brien scuttles back to Queensland and the commutes home, to paraphrase from an old league coach I hope the last words he utters ah "oh no a cement truck".

Manly 2nds as a few gracious Pirates conceded probably ripped off by the officials today. Don't come back sir.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Giving up a ten point lead with 6mins to go never good but as referee Mr O'Brien scuttles back to Queensland and the commutes home, to paraphrase from an old league coach I hope the last words he utters ah "oh no a cement truck".

Manly 2nds as a few gracious Pirates conceded probably ripped off by the officials today. Don't come back sir.
TG what happened, couldn't make it and watching it on tweeter

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
TG what happened, couldn't make it and watching it on tweeter
Mate apart from Marlins scoring more tries than Pirates - Wests on back of a suspect penalty (after Max Wood sat one of their big forwards on his arse and stayed on his feet to win ball) rumbled a try. Conversion not taken on spot and never officially awarded zero time on clock linesman in, wests player reported, yellow card but try and conversion stand. Kick off , query if should have been end of game but of course ref ultimate arbiter, 3 successive breakdown penalties to wests in overtime. Wests work way up field lose ball forward, caught by Manly prop who "deliberately" throws ball out penalty given instead of playing knock on . Wests kick penalty to win 27 - 25 . Btw I should have said 15 point lead 25 - 10 then 25 -17 . Try made it 25 - 24 ,

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Gotta admit that's funny, throwing the ball out to end the game, subsequently getting a penalty against you and losing the game!

The Galah

Darby Loudon (17)
Gotta admit that's funny, throwing the ball out to end the game, subsequently getting a penalty against you and losing the game!
You know what now that the dust has settled it is ! Maybe , keeping it in perspective, a cement truck will just run over the ref's foot.

Status
Not open for further replies.